Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 66

Thread: Racial disparity: All active ethics probes focus on black lawmakers

  1. #51
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Racial disparity: All active ethics probes focus on black lawmakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Crunch are you suggesting that people who've made it to the higher levels of our government are just as likely as a population with disproportionate levels of unemployment and incarceration because of the fact they are of the same particular race group? To be a little more blunt are you suggesting that a nigger is a nigger regardless of whether he's wearing a du-rag or suit & tie?

    Personally I think this is an anomaly but it's still possible. The chance of winning a few hundred million dollars is a lot of times in the millions. But it happens. Several times a year. So I don't know.
    I'm suggesting that Blacks have grown up in a culture of corruption, fostered by the Liberal welfare state where everything comes for free and no one is responsible for their own actions.... nurture, not genetics.

    I never thought, or suggested that a Nigger is a Nigger.

  2. #52
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: Racial disparity: All active ethics probes focus on black lawmakers

    I guess black Congress critters will be held to a lower standard, now, all because everyone is so skiddish of the, "R", word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #53
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: Racial disparity: All active ethics probes focus on black lawmakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Crunch are you suggesting that people who've made it to the higher levels of our government are just as likely as a population with disproportionate levels of unemployment and incarceration because of the fact they are of the same particular race group? To be a little more blunt are you suggesting that a nigger is a nigger regardless of whether he's wearing a du-rag or suit & tie?

    Personally I think this is an anomaly but it's still possible. The chance of winning a few hundred million dollars is a lot of times in the millions. But it happens. Several times a year. So I don't know.
    You can take a crook, put him in a suit and tie and he's still a crook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #54
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Racial disparity: All active ethics probes focus on black lawmakers

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I guess black Congress critters will be held to a lower standard, now, all because everyone is so skiddish of the, "R", word.
    That goes right along with affirmative action. If I were Black that would piss me off no end. It's nothing but State confirmed inferiority.... you are Black, and therefore inferior, so we will give you 20 points on your college entrance exam and civil service exam so you can compete with Whitey.... I'd be livid.

  5. #55
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Racial disparity: All active ethics probes focus on black lawmakers

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    5 and 5 Dem v. Rep, 9 white, 1 black.

    Do you know what kind of vote triggers a full-scale investigation? Simple majority?

    Or who can refer ethics complaints to the OCE? Is the way it works that OCE complaints get reviewed and referred to the Ethics committee?

  6. #56
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: Racial disparity: All active ethics probes focus on black lawmakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    That goes right along with affirmative action. If I were Black that would piss me off no end. It's nothing but State confirmed inferiority.... you are Black, and therefore inferior, so we will give you 20 points on your college entrance exam and civil service exam so you can compete with Whitey.... I'd be livid.
    That's exactly right. That's the reason that the black community isn't able to advance itself. The so called leaders of the Civil Rights Industry have convinced most of them that they can't make it on their own and they need the NAACP and White, Liberal do-gooders to help them.

    30 years and $11 trillion later and what do we have? We have 90% of all black children will live off of foodstamps at some point in their lives. Great job!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #57
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Racial disparity: All active ethics probes focus on black lawmakers

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's exactly right. That's the reason that the black community isn't able to advance itself. The so called leaders of the Civil Rights Industry have convinced most of them that they can't make it on their own and they need the NAACP and White, Liberal do-gooders to help them.

    30 years and $11 trillion later and what do we have? We have 90% of all black children will live off of foodstamps at some point in their lives. Great job!!!
    Bill Cosby has made that point many times, but not as politely as you did.

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Racial disparity: All active ethics probes focus on black lawmakers

    Well Jesse Jackson Jr. is from Illinois, so that means we are really only looking at 6 members here, as it is a requirement of Illinois, and in particular Chicago, politics that you be devoid of ethics prior to any appointment/election.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  9. #59
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Racial disparity: All active ethics probes focus on black lawmakers

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    Well Jesse Jackson Jr. is from Illinois, so that means we are really only looking at 6 members here, as it is a requirement of Illinois, and in particular Chicago, politics that you be devoid of ethics prior to any appointment/election.
    ****in' Daley.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Racial disparity: All active ethics probes focus on black lawmakers

    Many black lawmakers get their start in large city machine politics that is riddled with corruption. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •