Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 60

Thread: U.S. Congratulates Karzai on Winning Second Term

  1. #41
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: U.S. Congratulates Karzai on Winning Second Term

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    If you are not going to read what I am actually posting, then perhaps we should find something else to entertain oneself.



    I am not for more troops.
    Well your against Obama "fiddling" and allowing troops to be in harms way by not making a decision. Are you for Obama making the decision to give McChrystal the troops he requested or for him denying McChrystal's request for troops?
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  2. #42
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: U.S. Congratulates Karzai on Winning Second Term

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Well your against Obama "fiddling" and allowing troops to be in harms way by not making a decision. Are you for Obama making the decision to give McChrystal the troops he requested or for him denying McChrystal's request for troops?




    I would be happier that he made a decision one way or the other. My 1st preference is withdrawal, 2nd he give mcchrystal the troops....


    He said he would make a decision fter the afghan elections....


    Do we still need to wait "weeks"?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #43
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: U.S. Congratulates Karzai on Winning Second Term

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I would be happier that he made a decision one way or the other. My 1st preference is withdrawal, 2nd he give mcchrystal the troops....


    He said he would make a decision fter the afghan elections....


    Do we still need to wait "weeks"?
    I would assume he will meet with his military advisers to go over what occurred in Afghan the past few days. Especially with the last minute drop out.

    Personally I hope he changes the strategy to flush out Al-Q and leaves Afghan to the Afghanistan's.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  4. #44
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: U.S. Congratulates Karzai on Winning Second Term

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    I would assume he will meet with his military advisers to go over what occurred in Afghan the past few days. Especially with the last minute drop out.

    Right after he campaigns for corzine, goes on leno, fiddles for 70 more days, etc... He'll get around to it.


    Personally I hope he changes the strategy to flush out Al-Q and leaves Afghan to the Afghanistan's.

    This is noble and all, but short sighted. How do you tell them apart when the failed state goes into all out shambles?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #45
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: U.S. Congratulates Karzai on Winning Second Term

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    This is noble and all, but short sighted. How do you tell them apart when the failed state goes into all out shambles?
    By treating it like the man hunt it is and not a military battle. Intelligence and covert ops are key.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  6. #46
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: U.S. Congratulates Karzai on Winning Second Term

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    By treating it like the man hunt it is and not a military battle. Intelligence and covert ops are key.



    So how do you expect to get this "intelligence" and how do you spose "Covert ops" works?

    There is a little more too it than what you see on "the unit"......
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #47
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,008

    Re: U.S. Congratulates Karzai on Winning Second Term

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    By treating it like the man hunt it is and not a military battle. Intelligence and covert ops are key.
    Too late for all that. Even way back I was saying we need to be sending in small assassin teams against single target terrorists at the most. Waring against another nation in an unnamed war will just make more terrorists unless we kill all of their brave.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  8. #48
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. Congratulates Karzai on Winning Second Term

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Whose puppet is he now?
    obama's i guess. although i don't think it much matters anymore. we can't "win" there.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #49
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: U.S. Congratulates Karzai on Winning Second Term

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    obama's i guess. although i don't think it much matters anymore. we can't "win" there.
    Then I suppose it never mattered, and all the hysteria over BUSH'S puppet was just partisan hackery.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #50
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. Congratulates Karzai on Winning Second Term

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Then I suppose it never mattered, and all the hysteria over BUSH'S puppet was just partisan hackery.
    what hysteria? karzai was bush's puppet, and now obama is stuck with him and with the afghanistan war. there's really no disputing that, is there?

    i just don't see a win there.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •