Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 81

Thread: Obama administration: Toss wiretap lawsuit

  1. #31
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: Obama administration: Toss wiretap lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Back then, warrantless wiretaps were used to......
    Let's not forget wire intercepted during the Civil War and those intercepted during WW1.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  2. #32
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Obama administration: Toss wiretap lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Let's not forget wire intercepted during the Civil War and those intercepted during WW1.
    That's right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #33
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: Obama administration: Toss wiretap lawsuit

    Figure it out aps?
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  4. #34
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Obama administration: Toss wiretap lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Figure it out aps?
    I appreciate your providing me with your thoughts and the links. Whether I agree with your conclusions is another issue.

  5. #35
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: Obama administration: Toss wiretap lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I appreciate your providing me with your thoughts and the links. Whether I agree with your conclusions is another issue.
    I'm telling you....your ascertian he's changed his mind after further info is dead wrong. You may not agree with me....although I've put fact behind my statements....what you said was incorrect, in fact, flat out wrong.

    You didn't do your homework.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  6. #36
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Obama administration: Toss wiretap lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    That started long before Bush was elected, where have you been?
    That's not true, they didn't even have the capability before Bush was elected. Do you just say this stuff hoping people will nod their heads and believe you? Every post of yours is a Hail Mary pass.

  7. #37
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Obama administration: Toss wiretap lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Link?
    Since April, when it was disclosed that the intercepts of some private communications of Americans went beyond legal limits in late 2008 and early 2009, several Congressional committees have been investigating. Those inquiries have led to concerns in Congress about the agency’s ability to collect and read domestic e-mail messages of Americans on a widespread basis, officials said. Supporting that conclusion is the account of a former N.S.A. analyst who, in a series of interviews, described being trained in 2005 for a program in which the agency routinely examined large volumes of Americans’ e-mail messages without court warrants. Two intelligence officials confirmed that the program was still in operation
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/17/us/17nsa.html

    According to former NSA analyst Russell Tice, NSA was data mining including ALL credit card information, ALL phone records, ALL email addresses, etc, are all part of the NSA effort, on ALL AMERICANS... even if they never communicated with anyone overseas.
    [ame=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#28802588]Countdown with Keith Olbermann Countdown with Keith Olbermann[/ame]
    Last edited by WillRockwell; 11-02-09 at 11:29 AM.

  8. #38
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Obama administration: Toss wiretap lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    I'm telling you....your ascertian he's changed his mind after further info is dead wrong. You may not agree with me....although I've put fact behind my statements....what you said was incorrect, in fact, flat out wrong.

    You didn't do your homework.
    I wasn't talking about that conclusion. I was talking about your conclusionin the second post where you discussed the Patriot Act.

    Sure, I may have been wrong. I don't have a problem with someone calling me on it. But to claim that I was flat out wrong is rather extreme. It would all depend on how you view the facts in the situation. For example: http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwa...9/02/10/obama/
    Last edited by aps; 11-02-09 at 11:31 AM.

  9. #39
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Obama administration: Toss wiretap lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Hmmmm.... Another broken promise from Barry? At least he seems to be a consistent liar, Equal opportunity and all.....


    j-mac
    What? Obama continuing warrantless wiretaps on people? No! I would never have imagined that Obama was just another politician lying and sleazing his way to the top. Never. Why he's hope and change. Hope that eventually we get change. Man...Bush III is really a disappointment in office.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #40
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: Obama administration: Toss wiretap lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Sure, I may have been wrong. I don't have a problem with someone calling me on it. But to claim that I was flat out wrong is rather extreme.
    Well....you were...flat out wrong. Obama didn't change his mind at all. He supported these measures and the reason I will apologize for jumping on you so quick is that this issue really irks me. Obama voted for this during the primary, Hillary tried to make hay about it and was ignored.

    And remember...the Left wanted Bush impeached for this. Now that their President is following the same exact policy.....we're deafened by the Left's silence. And when I saw you were attempting to give Obama cover by claiming he's possibly changed his mind as he had more info, that simply isn't even close to true.

    He voted for this in July of 2008 when it was almost certain he would win the overall election for President. And his initial opposition to the bill wasn't about the wiretapping, it was the issue of access to company records...that he opposed then and is supporting NOW.

    So...what changed his mind there? On the government's access to records? And...does this even slightly bother Obama supporters when the President is busy with so many fingers in the private sector's business?
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •