Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 124

Thread: Scozzafava Suspends Campaign

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Scozzafava Suspends Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by OxymoronP View Post
    We need a viable 3rd and 4th party in US politics.
    Yes... Palin should run in 2012 as an Independent or on the "Conservative" ticket.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Scozzafava Suspends Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    I think the funny part about this story is that I heard she is endorsing the Democrat in the race.


  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Scozzafava Suspends Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    I think what it means is the extremes are taking over the GOP. Hoffman doesn't live in the district, and when interviewed by the editorial board of the local paper, showed up with Dick Armey (instead of alone), couldn't answer questions about local issues, and allowed Dick Armey to say local issues are parochial issues.

    Hoffman isn't representing the people of that district, he isn't in touch with them at all, and actually doesn't even care about their local issues.
    I have to laugh at Libruls and Democrats who claim the Republican Party is the party of extremes considering the infestation of leftist loons in the Democrat Party; Pelosi, Reid, Barney FFffffranks, Waxman....the list is so very long of lunatic morons who are now in charge of what used to be a fairly conservative moderate party.

    But alas, denial is strong with Libruls these days; how's that change werkin for ya?

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Scozzafava Suspends Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by OxymoronP View Post
    We need a viable 3rd and 4th party in US politics.
    Why? Do you really think it would be different? How so? Party’s morph constantly over time and the notion that if we just had multiple OTHER choices it would be so much better are not born out by historic facts.

    How well does that work for parliamentary systems we see in Europe?

  5. #95
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Scozzafava Suspends Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I think the funny part about this story is that I heard she is endorsing the Democrat in the race.

    she actaully did just that !! But it remains to be seen if that will really help the Democratic PARTY CANDIDATE whatever his name is.
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Scozzafava Suspends Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    she actaully did just that !! But it remains to be seen if that will really help the Democratic PARTY CANDIDATE whatever his name is.
    No wonder the media had such a conniption over this; one of their own got outted and now they are claiming the Republican Party is moving to the extreme right.

  7. #97
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Scozzafava Suspends Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    No wonder the media had such a conniption over this; one of their own got outted and now they are claiming the Republican Party is moving to the extreme right.
    I didn't know that Scozzafava a closet lesbien. So what if she is why does that matter and who said that anyone had a right to "out" her. Her sexual preference is her own business. Furtermore I did not realize that the media owned gays or lesbiens so why are you saying one of their own. I knew she was "pro' same gender marriage rights but how come that was not know until now that they "outed" her ?
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  8. #98
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,471
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Scozzafava Suspends Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I think the funny part about this story is that I heard she is endorsing the Democrat in the race.

    Hilarious.
    ACORN endorsed, she now endorses a Democrat.

    Hand...glove.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  9. #99
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Scozzafava Suspends Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    We were not going to "collapse."
    Now we aren't. But back then there was a real chance of it. You don't realize just how tangled up the firms that had the problems were in the economy. Let me explain it real simple for you. When the big firms go down, their bring down asset values. That causes many middle firms to break their debt covenants which causes them to go down. Then their middle sized banks go down reducing credit and financing. Then the next level of businesses go down all while completely destroying asset values and equity at every single layer. Can you name me a country in history that was industrialized without a functioning financial and banking sector?

    The bailouts coupled with the spending and borrowing going on is going to destroy the dollar and then you'll see the REAL destruction of the Country. Bush's greatest failure was the spending, and Obama is taking it to a whole new level.p
    Not that I disagree with that, but the real destruction of the dollar will come when the artificial constructs that have bolstered its value are removed. I pointed this out before and none of the Obama bashers who harp on artificial interference in the market wanted to say anything. Hypocrites every last one of them.

    When the dollar enters freefall, and gas jumps to $20 a gallon, what then?

    We stalled a depression only to ensure a burnout.
    That's very likely.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #100
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Scozzafava Suspends Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Now we aren't. But back then there was a real chance of it. You don't realize just how tangled up the firms that had the problems were in the economy. Let me explain it real simple for you. When the big firms go down, their bring down asset values. That causes many middle firms to break their debt covenants which causes them to go down. Then their middle sized banks go down reducing credit and financing. Then the next level of businesses go down all while completely destroying asset values and equity at every single layer. Can you name me a country in history that was industrialized without a functioning financial and banking sector?
    It would have self corrected, it just would have been painful to go through.


    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Not that I disagree with that, but the real destruction of the dollar will come when the artificial constructs that have bolstered its value are removed. I pointed this out before and none of the Obama bashers who harp on artificial interference in the market wanted to say anything. Hypocrites every last one of them.
    Why do you think I wanted to bitch slap McCain when he "rushed back to DC to help moderate the bailouts?


    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    That's very likely.
    I think it's scary likely.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •