Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 113

Thread: Iran Rejects Deal to Ship Out Uranium, Officials Report

  1. #101
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: Iran Rejects Deal to Ship Out Uranium, Officials Report

    Appeal to authority is a logical fallacy, especially when its completely unverifiable. Regardless of whether rogerredy claim is true, it still is a poor argument. Living somewhere hardly makes you a genius about the politics of the region. Plenty of morons in the U.S. government have been in office longer than I have been alive, doesn't stop them from being dead wrong most of the time.

  2. #102
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: Iran Rejects Deal to Ship Out Uranium, Officials Report

    Why don't we take the next rejected deal from Iran...and throw 4th of July 2010 in Natanz? Maybe go over to Bushewr afterwards and shoot some fireworks off? Israeli fireworks.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  3. #103
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: Iran rejects diplomacy: its time for war

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    It will have set them back and hopefully buy us time for regime change. They are developing weapons that is the ONLY possible explanation of why they won't accept the Russian offer to refine their uranium, and why they are still working on the delivery system.
    Well like i say on the contrary its going to rule out any hope of regime change for a long time. If the Iranian civillians start dieing en masse as a result of a bombing campaigns then the regime will seam more like a lesser evil. Theres very few instances in history of people siding with people who are busy blowing them up.

    They seamed very close to accepting a deal a couple of weeks ago and its not beyond the realms of possibility that they still will. Theres numerous explanations of what went wrong behind the scenes.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    05-20-10 @ 11:02 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    314

    Re: Iran rejects diplomacy: its time for war

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    You know OC when you basically tell a person that they are liars about thier own life all you do is make anything that you say not worth responding to.

    Ever.

    I'd think about that if I were you.
    I started to type a response to their last post, but this person is so immature and angry, I realized that it is not worth it.

    No doubt the Angry Child will come back - as all children need and MUST get the last word claiming that they "won the thread." ZZzzzzzzz....moderators....???
    Last edited by rogerredy; 11-02-09 at 01:05 PM.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    05-20-10 @ 11:02 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    314

    Re: Iran Rejects Deal to Ship Out Uranium, Officials Report

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    Appeal to authority is a logical fallacy, especially when its completely unverifiable. Regardless of whether rogerredy claim is true, it still is a poor argument. Living somewhere hardly makes you a genius about the politics of the region. Plenty of morons in the U.S. government have been in office longer than I have been alive, doesn't stop them from being dead wrong most of the time.
    Absolutely agree, but the person claimed I knew nothing about the middle east. They also have made a load of personal insults, which has made them persona non grata as far as I am concerned...

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    05-20-10 @ 11:02 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    314

    Re: Iran rejects diplomacy: its time for war

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Anyone that disagrees with OC is an automatic liar about, everything. Great debating style. Why haven't you been banned yet?
    Let me answer: could it be the dreadful "moderation" of this awful forum?

    No doubt it is attracting and retaining the Best and Brightest of the Internet political debating society forum members...

  7. #107
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Iran rejects diplomacy: its time for war

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    You know OC when you basically tell a person that they are liars about thier own life all you do is make anything that you say not worth responding to.
    Am I calling him a liar? No. Just saying that circumstantial evidence is worthless here, especially circumstantial evidence where the user shows he has no understanding of what he claims expertise in. Do you really expect us to take at face value personal experiences over rational, reasoned based arguments?

    I'd think about that if I were you.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #108
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Iran rejects diplomacy: its time for war

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Anyone that disagrees with OC is an automatic liar about, everything. Great debating style. Why haven't you been banned yet?
    Good luck proving this. By the way, look up what "circumstantial evidence" means. And you have no credibility after your little accountant-client argument. Do you even know what Circular 230 is? I bet not.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #109
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Iran rejects diplomacy: its time for war

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerredy View Post
    I started to type a response to their last post, but this person is so immature and angry, I realized that it is not worth it.
    Correction: You have no argument other then weak labeling attempts.

    If am I so angry and immature, why have you deliberately ignored most of my questions which ask you to actually respond to my claims?

    I see you still have utterly failed to define "Dutch Disease" as well as to prove your assertions that I disregarded the culpability of governments.

    No doubt the Angry Child will come back - as all children need and MUST get the last word claiming that they "won the thread." ZZzzzzzzz....moderators....???
    Everyone should read the thread. After all, it will only be to your detriment.

    Trying to label me a leftist while almost whole-hardly ignoring my arguments is a pathetic attempt for debate.

    It is amusing watching you attack me for "insults" while you almost entirely relied upon them yourself.

    Absolutely agree, but the person claimed I knew nothing about the middle east. They also have made a load of personal insults, which has made them persona non grata as far as I am concerned...
    Pot, meet Kettle.

    Still no sign you know what Dutch Disease is. Am I surprised? Not at all.

    Let me answer: could it be the dreadful "moderation" of this awful forum?

    No doubt it is attracting and retaining the Best and Brightest of the Internet political debating society forum members...
    You know, instead of sniping, how about you address my arguments without trying to label me a leftist?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #110
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Iran rejects diplomacy: its time for war

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Am I calling him a liar? No. Just saying that circumstantial evidence is worthless here, especially circumstantial evidence where the user shows he has no understanding of what he claims expertise in. Do you really expect us to take at face value personal experiences over rational, reasoned based arguments?

    I'd think about that if I were you.
    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Sure you do. Just like TD has a finance degree and Apdst has his own "business." By the way, I'm the Queen of Sheba.
    Considering the way you said this. Yes you were calling him a liar. Unless you really are the Queen of Sheba?

    That statement had nothing to do with "circumstantial evidence" that you claim he has. It was telling him that he was a liar. If such personal expertise was worthless then there would be no experts used in courts of law.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •