Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Prisoners to get precious swine flu shots before you

  1. #11
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Prisoners to get precious swine flu shots before you

    BTW I understand your point. A prison is a breeding ground for disease simply by the sheer number of people involved in close proximity.

    HOWEVER, I also have a serious problem with vaccinating prisoners before the general populace due to a scarcity of recourse. I stand on principled grounds in this. In an ideal situation there would be enough to go around, however there is not, thus I would not waste this resource on prisoners.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #12
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Prisoners to get precious swine flu shots before you

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Someone believes in Government saves us all don't they... oh yes they do, it's YOU!
    I'm confused as to how you arrived at this conclusion based on my post.

    I don't think government is "saving" anyone. I think that the government is making a decision about efficient allocation of its resources, one that they're fully entitled to make. You're not disagreeing with that fundamental fact, but are instead arguing about how those resources should be allocated.


    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    How many prisoners have swine flu? How many outbreaks in prisons have been reported?

    Can't think of any off the top of my head, I CAN however think of a number of school outbreaks on the top of my head... but hey, what if a bunch of convicts got swine flu, ZOMG!
    And this couldn't possibly be due to the fact that a news story about swine flu in a school will grab more headlines than a story about swine flu in a prison.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Prisoners to get precious swine flu shots before you

    Prisoners get all kinds of medical treatment that other Americans don't have the government pay for. They get a gold standard of care, all at taxpayer expense. That, in fact, is one argument in favor of a national health system.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Prisoners to get precious swine flu shots before you

    MrV... you already created another thread on this very issue, one in which you were swiftly defeated. Is that why you are trying again, thinking that people won't notice?

    Prisoners aren't the only people in prisons. There are staff and visitors. In a closed communal space like a prison, disease would spread much more rapidly and place everyone who interacts with the prison at high risk, which in turn directly affects population external to the prison.

    In modern times, prisons are a prime vector for getting ill, along with, ironically, hospitals. They are the first places to be offered vaccinations, usually. I think if you dig a little deeper, you will also find that prison staff have been offered the vaccinations as well.

    You fail.

  5. #15
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Prisoners to get precious swine flu shots before you

    i thought you left?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #16
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Prisoners to get precious swine flu shots before you

    People still bitching about this? It's the flu, ok. It already came through my lab, I've seen people get it. It sucks for about a day or two, then you're done. Just like any other flu. Prisons are crowded, however, and the spread of infectious disease can be quite rapid. Then you have to deal with an entire prison population which is sick. Money and time which could have been saved. On the outside, it's easier to avoid cramped conditions found in a jail and have access to other forms of healthcare to help with the flu. That's it.

    Besides, if you want to prevent the flu, all you have to do is drink PBR. The swine flu came through my lab, most everyone in my lab got it. Me and another did not. But we drink PBR. In fact, all the people I know who drink PBR have not gotten the swine flu. QED.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Prisoners to get precious swine flu shots before you

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    People still bitching about this? It's the flu, ok. It already came through my lab, I've seen people get it. It sucks for about a day or two, then you're done. Just like any other flu. Prisons are crowded, however, and the spread of infectious disease can be quite rapid. Then you have to deal with an entire prison population which is sick. Money and time which could have been saved. On the outside, it's easier to avoid cramped conditions found in a jail and have access to other forms of healthcare to help with the flu. That's it.

    Besides, if you want to prevent the flu, all you have to do is drink PBR. The swine flu came through my lab, most everyone in my lab got it. Me and another did not. But we drink PBR. In fact, all the people I know who drink PBR have not gotten the swine flu. QED.
    I just drank a Pabst Blue ribbon and puked

  8. #18
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Prisoners to get precious swine flu shots before you

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I just drank a Pabst Blue ribbon and puked
    Yeah, communists can't keep the stuff down.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #19
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Prisoners to get precious swine flu shots before you

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Besides, if you want to prevent the flu, all you have to do is drink PBR. The swine flu came through my lab, most everyone in my lab got it. Me and another did not. But we drink PBR. In fact, all the people I know who drink PBR have not gotten the swine flu. QED.
    Heading to the maternity ward with 3 kegs of PBR. Will report back.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Prisoners to get precious swine flu shots before you

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yeah, communists can't keep the stuff down.
    Id rather drink a Lone Star, Shiner Bock is the gem though

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •