Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 63

Thread: Rats! City to Pay for Informing on Tax Cheats

  1. #41
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Rats! City to Pay for Informing on Tax Cheats

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Whatever, dude! Who gives a ****?!?
    You, apparently.

    No, up to that earlier post, you and Obvious Child try to tell me that there was no way that an accountant was ever obligated not to testify against a client. While I admit that the accountant client privilage has it's limits, just as the attorney client privilage has it's limits, the accountant client privilage does actually exist, as I stated in my previous posts.
    This is a pretty bold-faced lie. Nowhere did either of us deny that it exists - we merely tried to explain to you that it doesn't exist in all contexts, a concept that apparently continues to elude you.

    Since the entire point of the discussion was your claim that the accountant could never send you to jail by betraying you, the fact that he very clearly can is pretty solid evidence that you don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about.


    No, I never said any such thing. What I said, was that when you get audited and the auditer finds illegal deductions, he subtracts them from your deductions. Example: you write off $5,000. The auditer finds $1,500 worth of illigitmate deductions. Then, he subtracts those from the $5,000 and you cut him a check for $1,500. I assumed you already new how audits worked, so that is why I didn't go into such detail.
    Here's what you said:

    Quote Originally Posted by you
    You won't go to jail. Growup! They'll just make you pay the money you owe them, plus interest and penalties. The IRS is made up of a bunch of pricks, but they're not stupid. They know that they can't get their money, if you're in jail and your business closes. And, you're only responsible for the sales that they can prove.
    Quote Originally Posted by you
    And, at the end of the day, all they're going to do is an audit. That's all. Depending on the kind of business, the monthly tax reports are going to be made. You can't really cheat on sales tax, unless you make cash sales that aren't registered anywhere. You can't cheat on payroll taxes, either, trust me, I've tried. It can't be done.
    I've learned throughout this thread not to assume that your interpretations of things are accurate, so rather than rely on what things actually are, I'm just responding to your claims. Since you were claiming that you're only responsible for the sales they can prove, and you were claiming that you only had to pay $1500, then it seems fairly obvious that you reported income > $0, unless you're the most convincing liar known to man.

    Furthermore, the fact that you acknowledged that you couldn't lie about your sales or payroll, you obviously reported numbers > $0. Again, I'm asking you why you bothered to do that.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  2. #42
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Rats! City to Pay for Informing on Tax Cheats

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    This is a pretty bold-faced lie. Nowhere did either of us deny that it exists - we merely tried to explain to you that it doesn't exist in all contexts, a concept that apparently continues to elude you.

    Since the entire point of the discussion was your claim that the accountant could never send you to jail by betraying you, the fact that he very clearly can is pretty solid evidence that you don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about.
    Ummmmm, no, I'm not the liar, sir:

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Not relevant. The point is that the accountant testified against their client...proving you, as usual to be wrong about just about everything you've said here.

    There is no accountant-client relationship confidentiality despite your wishful thinking.

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    This is patently false and you really outta stop talking about this subject. There is no such thing as an accountant-client relationship that prohibits the same actions as a lawyer-client relationship. You are ignoring that accountants regularly get subpoenaed to testify. An accountant would lose their license for pushing illegal tax shelters and knowingly helping a client evade taxes. In fact, Circular 230 along with several other pieces of legislation and ethical guidelines requires an accountant to inform authorities of illegal actions by your client that your client refuses to cease. Auditors are legally required to inform the SEC of illegal actions that the board of directors will not fix. The law makes it mandatory to rat out a client that does not change their actions.



    How much are you paying to go to college? You might want to ask for a refund on some of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #43
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Rats! City to Pay for Informing on Tax Cheats

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    I've learned throughout this thread not to assume that your interpretations of things are accurate, so rather than rely on what things actually are, I'm just responding to your claims. Since you were claiming that you're only responsible for the sales they can prove, and you were claiming that you only had to pay $1500, then it seems fairly obvious that you reported income > $0, unless you're the most convincing liar known to man.
    Do you undertand how deductions work? More importantly, do you understand how audits work? Just because I owed the IRS $1,500, after the audit, doesn't mean that I reported zero income. It means that the auditer only found $1,500 worth of illegal deductions. When you consider that I wrote off over $150 thousand in deductions that year, that ain't too damn bad.

    Furthermore, the fact that you acknowledged that you couldn't lie about your sales or payroll, you obviously reported numbers > $0. Again, I'm asking you why you bothered to do that.
    Because, the law says, that even if a corporation loses money, a tax return has to be filed. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #44
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Rats! City to Pay for Informing on Tax Cheats

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ummmmm, no, I'm not the liar, sir:

    How much are you paying to go to college? You might want to ask for a refund on some of that.
    This is where I point out that you're again failing to comprehend OC's point, which is that there is no AC privilege in the context you were claiming. He very clearly acknowledges that some version of it does exist in some circumstances, considering that he linked to articles explaining it. I'm assuming that the reason he didn't feel the need to make it even more explicitly clear is because you were making embarrassingly false claims about how it applies in the criminal context and he didn't feel like explaining everything to you nine times, like I find myself doing now.

    Throughout this thread, you've made one bull**** claim after another.

    You claimed that the IRS needs probable cause to conduct an audit. That was a lie.

    You claimed that accountants cannot testify against clients in court. That was a lie.

    You claimed that the government doesn't prosecute for tax evasion. That was a lie.

    You claimed that a competitor finding out about your fraud and reporting it to the government is "industrial espionage." That was a lie.

    The only conclusion that I can draw from this is that you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about and that I shouldn't believe a word that you say. As a result, I'm done with you.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  5. #45
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Rats! City to Pay for Informing on Tax Cheats

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    This is where I point out that you're again failing to comprehend OC's point, which is that there is no AC privilege in the context you were claiming. He very clearly acknowledges that some version of it does exist in some circumstances, considering that he linked to articles explaining it. I'm assuming that the reason he didn't feel the need to make it even more explicitly clear is because you were making embarrassingly false claims about how it applies in the criminal context and he didn't feel like explaining everything to you nine times, like I find myself doing now.

    Throughout this thread, you've made one bull**** claim after another.

    You claimed that the IRS needs probable cause to conduct an audit. That was a lie.

    You claimed that accountants cannot testify against clients in court. That was a lie.

    You claimed that the government doesn't prosecute for tax evasion. That was a lie.

    You claimed that a competitor finding out about your fraud and reporting it to the government is "industrial espionage." That was a lie.

    The only conclusion that I can draw from this is that you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about and that I shouldn't believe a word that you say.
    OC's point, was that there was no such thing as accountant-client privilage. She said those exact words. nice try at a salvage, but it didn't work.

    At this point, your only argument, is that I'm a liar. You're not even man enough just to say I'm wrong, then prove me wrong.

    You seriously need to ask for a refund on all that money you spent on college.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #46
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Rats! City to Pay for Informing on Tax Cheats

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Rats! City to Pay for Informing on Tax Cheats | NBC Chicago
    I hope this is acceptable as braking news since it's from NBC Chicago and listed as news.



    Why do I bring this up? How many of you remember flag@whitehouse.gov an address we could use to report on information we felt was a lie about the so-called Health Care reform? Well that was met with so much opposition it had to shut down. Hell I was disappointed because I used it to report on the three biggest liars about it out there. Pelosi, Reid, and Obama.
    Well since that effort to get you to start thinking about becoming a "Block Warden" so to speak they have this new plan to get you thinking about becoming an informant. How you could possibly know that your neighbor is a tax cheat is beyond me unless unless he or she is an idiot and tells you. But I don't think that is the point. I think the idea is to get you once again thinking about how you can help big brother and his efforts to control.
    And hey if you rat out the folks next door under this Chicago plan you get paid for your efforts. I just wonder how much fun it will be to have the folks next door hate your guts. It sure will make the next block party a fun event. Or maybe it will be an occasion for a weenie roast in the flames of your house as it's burned to the ground in retaliation.
    This is a bad idea. I'm not saying people should get away with being tax cheats. I'm saying is it our job to possibly put ourselves and our families at risk to help a corrupt system do the job they were hired to do.
    I know your saying that could never happen most neighbors are good decent people. To that I say what is it we hear all the time about murderers? Oh John he was a quiet guy kept his lawn mowed and his car washed. Hell he dressed up like a clown and did kids parties. I never would of thought of him as dangerous.
    It's something to think about that before you become the next Block Rat for any corrupt system.
    Think about it.
    They should have something like this to report companies who hire illegals.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #47
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Rats! City to Pay for Informing on Tax Cheats

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    They should have something like this to report companies who hire illegals.
    If the company is employing illegal immigrants off the books, then you can most certainly use this program to report them.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  8. #48
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Rats! City to Pay for Informing on Tax Cheats

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    If the company is employing illegal immigrants off the books, then you can most certainly use this program to report them.
    But, whose going to do the reporting? The accountants aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Rats! City to Pay for Informing on Tax Cheats

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    I don't understand all the outrage over this. It provides people with an incentive to report crimes. Are you similarly outraged at the organizations that provide rewards for people who turn in copkillers?
    It sounds to be pretty Stalinist to me to encourage neighbors to inform on neighbors for non-violent victimless crimes.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Rats! City to Pay for Informing on Tax Cheats

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    If the company is employing illegal immigrants off the books, then you can most certainly use this program to report them.
    What would be the point? Chicago is a sanctuary city. Nice try though.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •