Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59

Thread: Fox News Ratings Soar After Snub From Obama

  1. #1
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,121
    Blog Entries
    20

    Fox News Ratings Soar After Snub From Obama

    Here are the Neilson ratings just released from the time Anita Dunn attacked Fox News on 9/28/2009, until 10/11/09. Fox News went up 9% overall, and a whopping 14% in the all important 25 - 54 year old demographic.

    If the White House keeps this strategy up, CNN and MSNBC will end up being turned into home shopping networks before too long.


    Fox News Ratings Soar After Snub From Obama
    Joe Weisenthal
    Oct. 26, 2009

    Excerpt:

    As for competition against the cable also rans, Fox News is sweeping the top 11 cable news slots in the 25-54-year old demographic (chart below), and the top 13 slots in all demos. It's kind of ridiculous. Word is that Shep Smith's program had its best month for the entire year. It must be depressing for folks like Olbermann and Chris Matthews, on MSNBC, how few people watch them.

    Fox News Soars After Snub From Obama
    I've attached the charts so you can see this for yourselves.

    .
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Fox News Ratings Soar After Snub From Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Here are the Neilson ratings just released from the time Anita Dunn attacked Fox News on 9/28/2009, until 10/11/09. Fox News went up 9% overall, and a whopping 14% in the all important 25 - 54 year old demographic.

    If the White House keeps this strategy up, CNN and MSNBC will end up being turned into home shopping networks before too long.




    I've attached the charts so you can see this for yourselves.

    .
    Who needs charts? This is exactly what everyone, including many of Obama's compatriots, warned him would occur. Again, too bad Nixon ain't around for us to ask how his battle with the NYT went.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Fox News Ratings Soar After Snub From Obama

    Obama is clever.

  4. #4
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Fox News Ratings Soar After Snub From Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    Obama is clever.
    I know, I know, it was his plan all along to increase the influence and ratings of Fox News while diminishing his own. Downright brilliant! The mark of a MASTER strategist.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Fox News Ratings Soar After Snub From Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    I know, I know, it was his plan all along to increase the influence and ratings of Fox News while diminishing his own. Downright brilliant! The mark of a MASTER strategist.
    Fox was his biggest detractor on health care. Now all they're talking about is his war on Fox.

    Three words: hook, line, and sinker.

  6. #6
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Fox News Ratings Soar After Snub From Obama

    I think it's funny in light of the claims that the Genius in Chief Obama is just that a Genius. He was warned and ince again he knew better as did his version of brown shirted henchmen he sent out to mount attacks that backfired.
    Or did they actually backfire, or have they had the desired effect by taking the focus off of other issues they are still trying to force down our throats. It could very well be that they are so devious that they are willing to help Fox if it gives them the ultimate victory they seek. After all my guess is their long term plans as are the same as all leftists in history to eventually have complete control of all media as a way to help gain public support through unchecked or restricted propaganda. A small set back now is nothing when you look at the big picture and long term goals. Remember what Anita Dunn said just the other day about how they manipulated the willing media to get there way without using the normal methods of going through reporters interviews.
    Machiavellian? You bet, but if I can think it up, what would make anyone believe a group of dedicated proven duplicitous radical revolutionaries couldn't do the same. It's like taking a punch in order to set up the opponent for the knock out blow.

  7. #7
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Fox News Ratings Soar After Snub From Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    Fox was his biggest detractor on health care. Now all they're talking about is his war on Fox.

    Three words: hook, line, and sinker.
    Actually "they" are still covering the exact same news as the rest of the 24/7 news channels, hardly speaking ONLY about their RATINGS BONANZA. You know, the result of the administrations hamfisted efforts? All while doing the same job as the other networks, which have actually felt it necessary to defend Fox. Not much acquainted with the reality or this situation are you? That IS by choice, no?

    Meanwhile, when I see a wild arsed claim such as "Fox was his biggest detractor" on health care, I think only two words, PROVE IT. Mostly because I know who the biggest "detractors" of Obama health care plans are. But why not go ahead and share with us the bounty of your knowledge on this matter. Bring manna to us poor sheaves.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Fox News Ratings Soar After Snub From Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    Fox was his biggest detractor on health care. Now all they're talking about is his war on Fox.

    Three words: hook, line, and sinker.
    Health care is on the verge of passing public option and all...just today many Republicans have started voicing their discontent towards the likes of FoxNew's Glenn Beck and his creator Rush Limbaugh. Republicans are now complaining that these people are painting them into a corner and putting there chances at 2010 and 2012 in jeapordy.
    The President made a wise choice. Not only in his temperment but in his timing of calling them out.
    With nobody else to attack they will have no choice by to attack each other and blame each other for Health Care passing. Because in their eyes it will be a failure because they didn't win on the issue. Because blaming is their nature.

    The more viewers that watch it the better.

  9. #9
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Fox News Ratings Soar After Snub From Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Health care is on the verge of passing public option and all...just today many Republicans have started voicing their discontent towards the likes of FoxNew's Glenn Beck and his creator Rush Limbaugh. Republicans are now complaining that these people are painting them into a corner and putting there chances at 2010 and 2012 in jeapordy.
    The President made a wise choice. Not only in his temperment but in his timing of calling them out.
    With nobody else to attack they will have no choice by to attack each other and blame each other for Health Care passing. Because in their eyes it will be a failure because they didn't win on the issue. Because blaming is their nature.

    The more viewers that watch it the better.
    Who is "many" republicans? Can you name one? I know I can name many democrats who say this tack of the Obama admin is a mistake. So tell us, WHO are these republicans you speak of that "came out" just today? Me thinks I smell a facetious claim.

  10. #10
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,555

    Re: Fox News Ratings Soar After Snub From Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    Fox was his biggest detractor on health care. Now all they're talking about is his war on Fox.

    Three words: hook, line, and sinker.
    So Fox News will now go down the drain as any sort of news organization and we can all expect Obama's approval ratings soar and everyone wanting single-payer health care now. right?

    I'll have what you're smokin.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •