Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 579

Thread: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

  1. #521
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    We searched for capability in the interim government. .
    That's where the pro-west puppet aspect comes into play!
    Last edited by Catawba; 10-30-09 at 04:20 PM.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #522
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Not true. There was collaboration and meetings. One held in Hungary I think. Nothing to do with 9-11, though.

    Saddam had relationships with several terrorist groups. Remember Ansar al-Islam?
    Ansar al-Islam is a Kurdish terrorist group not linked to Al Qaeda.

    Saddam certainly did not harbor them; nor had relations with them.

  3. #523
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Not true. There was collaboration and meetings. One held in Hungary I think. Nothing to do with 9-11, though.

    Saddam had relationships with several terrorist groups. Remember Ansar al-Islam?
    Well let's see, I can go with your opinion on this or the Pentagon's investigation that determined there was no al Qaeda connection?

    Think I have to go with the Pentagon. Sorry!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #524
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by kansaswhig View Post
    Ansar al-Islam is a Kurdish terrorist group not linked to Al Qaeda.

    Saddam certainly did not harbor them; nor had relations with them.
    I knew that they weren't linked to al Qaeda. Sorry if I made it sound that way. I was just pointing out they were an organization supported by Saddam.

    According to this site: Saddam Hussein's Philanthropy of Terror - by Deroy Murdock Saddam helped with cash, diplomatic aid, safe haven, training, and even medical attention. Here is a list of some of the organizations he helped:

    - Abu Nidal Organization
    - Ansar al-Islam
    - Arab Liberation Front
    - Hamas
    - Kurdistan Workers Party
    - Mujahedin-e-Khalq
    - Palestine Liberation Front

  5. #525
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Well let's see, I can go with your opinion on this or the Pentagon's investigation that determined there was no al Qaeda connection?

    Think I have to go with the Pentagon. Sorry!
    I recall there being mettings. Maybe no support. I could be wrong. If that's what the Pentagon says, let's go with that.

  6. #526
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I have presented info from the most authoritative source on Iraqi deaths.

    That is a hoot! "the most authoritative source"? Says who? Commomdreams.org? Give me a break. I presented no less than three articles showing why IBC is nothing more than a radical liberal lie. But as most far left arguers go you will continue to ignore that, and present the lies as fact.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #527
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    I knew that they weren't linked to al Qaeda. Sorry if I made it sound that way. I was just pointing out they were an organization supported by Saddam.

    According to this site: Saddam Hussein's Philanthropy of Terror - by Deroy Murdock Saddam helped with cash, diplomatic aid, safe haven, training, and even medical attention. Here is a list of some of the organizations he helped:

    - Abu Nidal Organization
    - Ansar al-Islam
    - Arab Liberation Front
    - Hamas
    - Kurdistan Workers Party
    - Mujahedin-e-Khalq
    - Palestine Liberation Front
    As you can imagine, there is only so much I can say on an open source forum. I'm not trying to sound elitist, but I'm privy to information you don't have. And I don't know everything, obviously. But what I can assure you of is that there is NO LOVE LOST between AAI and the Ba'athists.

    Let me put it this way: in the ME, particularly in Iraq, the alliances and monetary links are very shady. You would be surprised by who crawls into bed with each other and for what reason. IF AAI or KWP recieved funding or any other support from the Ba'athists, it was because they were doing something in return; not because Saddam supported their cause. Saddam was an "anything-supporter" as long as it benefitted him and didn't subvert his authority and command.

    Though none of those groups, despite the alleged links had anything to do with 9/11.

    Hey, BTW, my gmail isn't functioning at work, so I'll email you back when I get home. I did read it last night, though. I'm glad you enjoyed the letters.
    Last edited by kansaswhig; 10-30-09 at 04:45 PM.

  8. #528
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That is a hoot! "the most authoritative source"? Says who? Commomdreams.org? Give me a break. I presented no less than three articles showing why IBC is nothing more than a radical liberal lie. But as most far left arguers go you will continue to ignore that, and present the lies as fact.
    Actually, we referenced it a lot in Iraq. Generally when attacks happened and we didn't get the right numbers, we would routinely check IBC to see what they were putting. Just a method. Doesn't mean we were right, but they are more accurate then you would think.

  9. #529
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by kansaswhig View Post
    Actually, we referenced it a lot in Iraq. Generally when attacks happened and we didn't get the right numbers, we would routinely check IBC to see what they were putting. Just a method. Doesn't mean we were right, but they are more accurate then you would think.

    I think that the numbers that Catawba is relying on are the ones that IBC extrapolated from the Lancet study, and therefore are severely flawed and over exaggerated. Now if one wants to argue that by definition that war brings with it causalities, and that is regrettable. But if liberals continue to use this tact of by the mere presence of American forces than every death occurring in country is the fault of US forces regardless of who killed whom, then I would say that is disingenuous at best. It has been shown that this is what IBC did.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #530
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I think that the numbers that Catawba is relying on are the ones that IBC extrapolated from the Lancet study, and therefore are severely flawed and over exaggerated. Now if one wants to argue that by definition that war brings with it causalities, and that is regrettable. But if liberals continue to use this tact of by the mere presence of American forces than every death occurring in country is the fault of US forces regardless of who killed whom, then I would say that is disingenuous at best. It has been shown that this is what IBC did.
    WAIT! My mistake! I meant icasualties.org

    Wow, sorry for the mix up! This website is very reliable and accurate.

    It shows like every SIGACT broke down by American/Iraqi/Contractor. They do a great job.
    Last edited by kansaswhig; 10-30-09 at 05:02 PM.

Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •