Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 579

Thread: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

  1. #281
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    What happens when the other tribe does not have this issue?



    Talk about believing in unicorns and santa clause!
    at least i know what i believe in. i would like to see the day when if you have children and they wake up and realize what a phony you are. what kind of story will you make up to get them to believe you again?
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  2. #282
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    yes i was. i decided that the country was a shell of what it had been. i could no longer tolerate the lies from government nor many of the people that still believed that the system was working. when Bush was elected by morons for the second time. that was near the end. when Obama did not move the troops out of Iraq on day one that was the end.

    if he was against the Iraq mess from day one, why are troops still there?
    the troops in iraq are drawing down. there is absolutely no way obama could end that end on day 1. i too was horrified that bush was elected a second time, but we survived, if barely.

    surely wherever you are now isn't perfect? are you in GB? or?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #283
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    at least i know what i believe in. i would like to see the day when if you have children and they wake up and realize what a phony you are. what kind of story will you make up to get them to believe you again?




    Lol.... Id report you for losing all composure and calling me names and attacking my family. But you seem so pathetically butt hurt i'll simply just laugh at you ex-american sour grapes obnoxiousness.....


    You are the very intolerance you say you hate. I pity you.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #284
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    i did read it. i pay little attention to your guesses as to why these troops did as they did.

    you have a volunteer military in the US does this make them less responsible for their personal actions? does invasion somehow fit into that?

    when a person says that a US soldier is there to follow orders and he does to the extent of invading a nation and killing masses of innocents and tortures. this is okay according to many that have posted here.

    when i suggest that this was the same defense that the Nazi high command tried to use. you get all pissed off.

    it is in fact the same thing. if you support one you support the other. stop making excuses for a wavering standard and a broken train of logic. you can't have it both ways. if it right now for the US to invade than it was right for Russia to invade Georgia. if it was right for the US troops to follow wrong headed orders it is right for the Nazi's to have done the same. what is so hard to understand in that.
    I think Russia had reasonable beef to invade Georgia. Though their tactics are harsh. I don't think the US had reason to invade Iraq. So yes, I can have it both ways. Because the situations are different and it depends on specifics.

    Many soldiers of the Nazi regime were not punished. It was only the high command, the ones issuing the orders, being punished BTW.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #285
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    the troops in iraq are drawing down. there is absolutely no way obama could end that end on day 1. i too was horrified that bush was elected a second time, but we survived, if barely.

    surely wherever you are now isn't perfect? are you in GB? or?
    he could have taken them out of there.

    i have been living in Israel under a French passport. we are leaving at the end of the week and will be in South Afrika. we spent 6 months of 08 living there. it was a great time. we made a lot of friends and did so much. the land is beautiful. the poverty is alarming in certain parts. there is work to do. like any nation it has it's corruptions and struggles. it does tend to mind it's own business. it is not all about oil dollars. it does not send troops out to nation build. it does not have a huge impact on the world.

    what it does have are a struggling mass of people that work each day to try and scratch out a living. it has kids that have grown up to become families of gangs. there is an entire sub culture that sleeps in the fields and in unused sewer pipes that are set to be laid.

    there are a tremendous number of abandoned children. i do not see all the anti abortion people running to this nation to adopt. i see these kids getting weak and worn.

    it is not America. it does not have a huge military. it does like America have a lot of good well meaning people. the leaders as all leaders have their issues.

    i can do a lot of good in South Afrika. i have been lucky in life and can help some of those poor. i can maybe bring in some others that would help with such a task. we will never turn away a hungry person from our door. we will never arm ourselves against the rabble. we will just be to do what we can. that is the best i can do.

    we did adopt a beautiful little girl from there her name is Kanshieka. she is such a princess. her parents are unknown, she was found on the streets at about 17 months. she is around 2 years old and will have a home for the first time since she was found months ago. we pick her up on Monday of next week. we look forward to that.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  6. #286
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Lol.... Id report you for losing all composure and calling me names and attacking my family. But you seem so pathetically butt hurt i'll simply just laugh at you ex-american sour grapes obnoxiousness.....


    You are the very intolerance you say you hate. I pity you.
    report me. have at it. i call it as i see it. when a person knows nothing of which they speak as you do what else is there to say. i don't pity you i feel sorry for your family having to go through life in close quarters with you. i do realize that you have this golden idea of yourself and you may have others baffled around here but it is clear you have not a grip on anything that you type. you have no idea what it is to be logical. you have no idea what it is like to stand for the same thing consistently.

    i am intolerant of ignorance and you are at the head of the list.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  7. #287
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I think Russia had reasonable beef to invade Georgia. Though their tactics are harsh. I don't think the US had reason to invade Iraq. So yes, I can have it both ways. Because the situations are different and it depends on specifics.

    Many soldiers of the Nazi regime were not punished. It was only the high command, the ones issuing the orders, being punished BTW.
    yes Russia had far more reason than the US had in Iraq.

    but the soldiers did go to Iraq so the consequences are on them.

    the high command were taking orders from Hitler. what he wanted done they did. they were following orders as well. they should have said no. just as the troops in the US should have said no to Bush. it is in fact the same thing. there were also lower officers in the Nazi regime that were put on trial as well. it was not solely the high command.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  8. #288
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    yes Russia had far more reason than the US had in Iraq.

    but the soldiers did go to Iraq so the consequences are on them.

    the high command were taking orders from Hitler. what he wanted done they did. they were following orders as well. they should have said no. just as the troops in the US should have said no to Bush. it is in fact the same thing. there were also lower officers in the Nazi regime that were put on trial as well. it was not solely the high command.
    Try not to forget they were led by a lie.

  9. #289
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Moderator's Warning:
    U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vainLet's keep it civil. Last warning.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  10. #290
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Not to pick on you, Katie, because I like you
    But you vex me most deeply.

    In a thread on religion you suggested that religious people are unstable and/or their religious beliefs are unacceptable and illogical - at the least...(I could go quote fishing but I don't think it's necessary).

    Yet your ideas against the military are based on a tyrants actions that were expressly anti-religious as well. He, too believed that their religious beliefs were the root of all inherent evils in the world and blamed them for almost everything bad that happened (as far as his little eyes could see).

    So how do your anti-religious views differ than his anti-religious views?

    And, in this light, how can a non-religious war be compared to one that's waged purely against a religion (or a people)?
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 10-28-09 at 06:36 PM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •