Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 579

Thread: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

  1. #271
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,360

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    If justifying troop casualties with continued escalation was the deciding factor in conflict, wars would never end. The military will never ask for a reduction of force, it is not their nature.

    This is not a position I put forth.

    Actually my position at this point is this current president is too indecisive and lacks the backbone to prosecute this war successfully. I am for withrdrawal at this point.


    We are in a difficult quandry in Afghanistan, how to insure AlQaeda does not expand, yet not get involved in running a chronically anarchic country. Staying just to honor the soldiers who died there is foolish. Obama's way forward in Afghanistan is more complicated than a simple decision, it involves turning the ship of state, which is much more complicated than just changing your mind.

    Again, I demonstrated that your strawman was an argument I never made.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #272
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    this is true i agree. as a soldier joins he enables leaders to conduct war. if there is no military because of lack of interest than we all win.
    A lack of interest was what resulted in 9-11, the isolationist theory long dead, one wonders why anyone would be promoting it today.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  3. #273
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,360

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    this is true i agree. as a soldier joins he enables leaders to conduct war. if there is no military because of lack of interest than we all win.



    What happens when the other tribe does not have this issue?



    Talk about believing in unicorns and santa clause!
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #274
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    the only retarded notions i see put forth here are those that support the troops of the US following unfit orders to invade nations. they are as you say not supportive of the Nazi for following unfit orders. so they need to make up their minds as to what they do believe.

    the other retarded notion is the fact that these posting support Iraq for the most part but they did not support Russia moving troops against Georgia. i was there and saw that one. i see that these posters like to look at the events in history with a jaded eye. the US seems to get a break no matter how they act. the rest of the world must tow the mark.

    i would say that those are pretty retarded. obviously you support the same notions as the rest so i would say that you must be in the retarded clan as well. make up your mind and know what you think is right and wrong.

    i see it all in very black and white terms. if it is wrong for one to invade it is wrong for all. if it is wrong for one to have nuclear weapons it is wrong for all. i am consistent in what i say whereas the morons that you chose to defend have not a clue as to what they are defending.

    in one case this is right in the next case it is wrong. somehow posters need to pick a side and stay on it.

    the bolded statement is what i speak of. it was okay in your mind that the US could invade Iraq and has been shown do inhuman things. yet the Nazi's are wrong for doing the same thing. how is that logic? how do you justify what you are trying to say with a foot on each side of the fence.

    the Nazi's as well as the US soldiers could have said no we will not do such things. neither did they are both equally as guilty for murder and crimes against humanity. one you defend because of blind patriotism and the other you condemn because you know that is correct.

    please make up your mind as to what is right and what is wrong. it will help you in debate to be consistent in your points as i have been in this entire thread.

    i use the examples i use to make points where people really are unsure what they believe. it seems since only you attempted to answer the Nazi question at least know the difference of right and wrong. the others avoided it because their response would have been made to be as stupid as they are had they said the Nazi's were wrong.
    I already told you why perhaps Nazi soldiers followed rules. It's not my fault you can't read. For our side, we have a volunteer military, people choose to join and agree to contract. President is Commander in Chief. If you want to talk about how we can employ our military so freely against other countries without formal Declaration of War, I'll entertain that argument. But our military has ways for people of moral objection to be moved around. However, the basis of any military could not remain if people were free to come and go as they please. And I wouldn't want to pay someone to do nothing and then run away when needed.

    You're using absurd examples of the most polarizing and extreme case you can. Trying to construct an appeal to emotion. OH NOES, the Nazis! And then you try to claim that people have supported the Nazis and their actions. All I said was don't be dumb.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #275
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    You have done no such thing.






    You said something to the effect about how we should listend to what Bin Laden wants.


    I responded by saying in his letter to america, among other things we have to come to Islam.


    you moved on without answering.






    Which demonstrates a profound ignorance of real life.


    [quote[
    i did not again ignore your quote. i didn't think you required a dissertation on said quote.

    Yes you did, you ignored it, because you know its true. Pacifism without strenght (you) is nothing more than a lamb ready for the slaughter....







    I am good with my god, as are those around me including my family, whatever thier faith or lack of faith is.

    I see only one "zealot" here, and that is you shorty.....


    You seem to be getting upset. Chill, it's all good my ex-American friend!






    Your spelled "Greatness" wrong shorty...... It's ok though, most shorties swoon in the presence that is the Greatness that is the Good Reverend!


    [/QUOTE]

    as i suggested maybe a good reading class would help you. you may even want to set down the crayons and have mom or dad read what i posted to you. they may even be able to help you decide what the **** you really stand for. as it is right now you have no idea what the hell you think and have no clue how to share this mess with others.

    in the bold. when you want to criticize someone you may want to write a proper sentence you moron.
    Last edited by katiegrrl0; 10-28-09 at 03:30 PM.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  6. #276
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    You used, "your", wrong...lol.

    Couldn't resist, sorry.
    Last edited by apdst; 10-28-09 at 03:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #277
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Yep.
    This is part of the reaon why women are not allowed in front-line combat units. Too many variables.
    (Which I support - some things are just facts. You have to be able to depend on your troops)
    what? what variables?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #278
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    i never did. i do not fly one now. nor will i ever. they are the most divisive pieces of cloth ever invented.
    were you a u.s. citizen at some point?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #279
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I already told you why perhaps Nazi soldiers followed rules. It's not my fault you can't read. For our side, we have a volunteer military, people choose to join and agree to contract. President is Commander in Chief. If you want to talk about how we can employ our military so freely against other countries without formal Declaration of War, I'll entertain that argument. But our military has ways for people of moral objection to be moved around. However, the basis of any military could not remain if people were free to come and go as they please. And I wouldn't want to pay someone to do nothing and then run away when needed.

    You're using absurd examples of the most polarizing and extreme case you can. Trying to construct an appeal to emotion. OH NOES, the Nazis! And then you try to claim that people have supported the Nazis and their actions. All I said was don't be dumb.
    i did read it. i pay little attention to your guesses as to why these troops did as they did.

    you have a volunteer military in the US does this make them less responsible for their personal actions? does invasion somehow fit into that?

    when a person says that a US soldier is there to follow orders and he does to the extent of invading a nation and killing masses of innocents and tortures. this is okay according to many that have posted here.

    when i suggest that this was the same defense that the Nazi high command tried to use. you get all pissed off.

    it is in fact the same thing. if you support one you support the other. stop making excuses for a wavering standard and a broken train of logic. you can't have it both ways. if it right now for the US to invade than it was right for Russia to invade Georgia. if it was right for the US troops to follow wrong headed orders it is right for the Nazi's to have done the same. what is so hard to understand in that.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  10. #280
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    were you a u.s. citizen at some point?
    yes i was. i decided that the country was a shell of what it had been. i could no longer tolerate the lies from government nor many of the people that still believed that the system was working. when Bush was elected by morons for the second time. that was near the end. when Obama did not move the troops out of Iraq on day one that was the end.

    if he was against the Iraq mess from day one, why are troops still there?
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •