Page 25 of 58 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 579

Thread: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

  1. #241
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by American first View Post
    It always amazes me that we have done more good in this world than any other country in history & yet so many Americans seem to hate their own country.
    I love my country and Katie is not an American.

    People can protest, attest and have serious, deep issue with parts of the US but not many people truly dislike the US as a whole.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #242
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Why do you think it is wrong? There were the UN security council resolution violations. There was the general belief (US, Britain, France) in the existence of WMD. There was the objective of spreading democracy. Do we have to be under threat?

    On the last item, is it not acceptable to invade an autocratic country, after repeated discussions and warnings, to spread democracy?
    yes it was wrong. they had nothing that could strike at us. they did nothing on 9/11. they had found no WMD's in all the searches. it was solely an invasion by the US into a sovereign nation. the military leaders and the nations leaders should be put on trial for war crimes. but alas that will never happen because no nation has the bals to you you on the carpet for such. i just go on helping the battered and beaten by the pathetic structure you call a military.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  3. #243
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by American first View Post
    It always amazes me that we have done more good in this world than any other country in history & yet so many Americans seem to hate their own country.
    it seems to me that you have a very high opinion of your nation and close your eyes to all the coups that you have supported and the rest. maybe you should take off the WWII sunglasses now it has been over 50 years.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  4. #244
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    yes it was wrong. they had nothing that could strike at us. they did nothing on 9/11. they had found no WMD's in all the searches. it was solely an invasion by the US into a sovereign nation. the military leaders and the nations leaders should be put on trial for war crimes. but alas that will never happen because no nation has the bals to you you on the carpet for such. i just go on helping the battered and beaten by the pathetic structure you call a military.
    We had plenty of justification to start the war. We have helped Iraq create a democracy. We have mostly shutdown an insurgency and a terrorist haven. There were no war crimes commited by the US and allies. There were war crimes commited by the terrorists and insurgents. It was worth it to do what we have done.

    BTW, you didn't answer my other question:
    [On the objective of spreading democracy], is it not acceptable to invade an autocratic country, after repeated discussions and warnings, to spread democracy?

  5. #245
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    I love my country and Katie is not an American.

    People can protest, attest and have serious, deep issue with parts of the US but not many people truly dislike the US as a whole.
    i have certain problems with the US. overall it is a decent country with good well meaning people. i still own a few homes there that i intend to keep.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  6. #246
    Banned American first's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    10-27-09 @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    it seems to me that you have a very high opinion of your nation and close your eyes to all the coups that you have supported and the rest. maybe you should take off the WWII sunglasses now it has been over 50 years.
    Can you name a single other country on this planet that has done as much good for mankind as we have over the years? We never fight to xpand our borders but fight to help free others for a better life. For this we get badmouthed by some of our own citizens??

  7. #247
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    We had plenty of justification to start the war. We have helped Iraq create a democracy. We have mostly shutdown an insurgency and a terrorist haven. There were no war crimes commited by the US and allies. There were war crimes commited by the terrorists and insurgents. It was worth it to do what we have done.

    BTW, you didn't answer my other question:
    yea and the day you leave that democracy will be gone. be prepared as McCain said to stay 100 years.
    you paid the insurgents to stop fighting. what to do when the money runs out.

    there were crimes committed by the US as well.

    tell the dead innocents that this was a good thing.

    i will go back and see the question i missed. sorry.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  8. #248
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Why do you think it is wrong? There were the UN security council resolution violations. There was the general belief (US, Britain, France) in the existence of WMD. There was the objective of spreading democracy. Do we have to be under threat?

    On the last item, is it not acceptable to invade an autocratic country, after repeated discussions and warnings, to spread democracy?
    it is not your place to spread anything in a sovereign nation. it is up to the US to mind it's own business in my eyes. you may think otherwise. your country has problems of it's own. why are you worried about someone else. you also screwed up your attempt to capture Bin Laden by dividing your forces and fighting in two places. had you kept the manpower in one local maybe you would have accomplished your goal. it was Bin Laden as i recall.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    yea and the day you leave that democracy will be gone. be prepared as McCain said to stay 100 years.
    you paid the insurgents to stop fighting. what to do when the money runs out.
    It is a big risk that democracy will fold. If the Iraqis want us, we will stay for decades to help it stabilize. The insurgents wanted jobs that we provided. The Iraqi government has to keep paying them.

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    there were crimes committed by the US as well.
    And those that committed them are being punished for it. Big difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    tell the dead innocents that this was a good thing.
    They know. They were being killed under Saddam. It is the terrorists that are killing them.

  10. #250
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by American first View Post
    Can you name a single other country on this planet that has done as much good for mankind as we have over the years? We never fight to xpand our borders but fight to help free others for a better life. For this we get badmouthed by some of our own citizens??
    well if your own citizens do this than it is time to take a hard look at what you are doing.

    well the US has done good. i do not deny that. i do weigh it against the evil and you are pretty much like all the rest. some good some bad. it all depends on if you count the bad against the good. seems as if the rest of the world and some of your citizens have a bad opinion of you guys.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

Page 25 of 58 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •