Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 579

Thread: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

  1. #231
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    But your looking at it just 1/2 way.
    You're looking at the bad side of what happens when a tyrannical dictator uses violence and coersion to force their soldiers to do something inhumane.

    So - on one hand we have Hitler and his insane glory being an ass, to put it lightly. He abused his powers and guided his military into combat to support what he considered right and what we (you me and most people in the world) consider wrong.
    So when one lunatic does things like that via his military then, naturally, the only force that can combat it is another military.

    So, when a military is used as a grotesque force then it is bad, we agree on this.
    When a military is used as opposition to that bad force then they are doing good.

    Nothing is perfect, we all agree on this, too.
    And human nature isn't containable, we all agree on this too.

    So - sometimes power is abused and when it is, especially when it's guided by such grotesque forces such as Hitler, then another force as to oppose and overthrow it.

    As happened in WWII.

    So you're judging our military actions to be as evil as those of Hitler.
    While I, in a million years, could never consider that to be a true comparison, I understand more of why you have this view and it makes a bit more sense in your current situation.
    yes i am. your military followed a man with is own agenda into a conflict that should have never been. it is as bad when you consider the number of Iraqi's that have died in this sweet little US invasion. it is every bad as Hitler. but you see my point. it is that when soldiers follow orders to a fools paradise they are the cause of the problem. if these same soldiers stand up for once and say no. what would that say to all the world.

    i detest military. i see it's point because my views are eons away because of the ideas people support. what i am against is the use of these soldiers in a wrong way without talks first. this is what is so wrong. the Reverend just seems to think it is good just to run off and start killing. you do not impress me so. you have an eye on peace and goodness. it is those that see no other way out that scare the world.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  2. #232
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    were you helping the victims of husseins iraq before the war or did your concern only arise when those evil americans came in and broke up that wonderful peaceful country?






    nope, I also have been to the balkans, where I watched un troops set up child brothels for thier entertainment, how would a "pacifist" like you have handled that? offer "counseling" to the parade of victims? who when found out sough counceling were never heard from again.


    pathetic.....


    you shouldn't assume about my faith, you no nothing more than I told you....







    no you don't you don't respect nothing but your "ideals" to which does nothing but provide a pillow for the victims of tyrants to rest on before you send them back and pat your priveledge self on the back... fake pacifists are part of the problem, you are sheep, ready to be culled by the wolf.


    You are only able to what you think is "help", because rough men are ready to do violence for things that are right. I pity you and your terrorist excusing appeasment.
    i was helping the Kurds and the Iraq's at different times. i was not killing more as you were. you just made it more difficult.

    well now you have two battles. you are still way behind. i was in Georgia when the Russians attacked and carried bodies and helped the wounded as well. the UN peacekeepers are pretty much full of ****. if you would like to see just how watch the movie No Man's Land. you can see how they help.

    Bosnia was a mess as well. i have earned my right to say what i do about wars and conflicts. i have been there.

    you keep on killing and i will keep showing up to clean up your messes. at least i don't have to film the gutless military's as they destroy innocent people from high above or in tanks on the ground.

    your faith is a sham. it is phony. when you support as much killing as you do it makes your faith just a large joke. a very large joke. maybe if you went to help in a conflict i could see something of value. it is your type of belief that makes the entire idea of faith a joke.
    Last edited by katiegrrl0; 10-27-09 at 09:14 PM.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  3. #233
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    yes i am. your military followed a man with is own agenda into a conflict that should have never been. it is as bad when you consider the number of Iraqi's that have died in this sweet little US invasion. it is every bad as Hitler. but you see my point. it is that when soldiers follow orders to a fools paradise they are the cause of the problem. if these same soldiers stand up for once and say no. what would that say to all the world.

    i detest military. i see it's point because my views are eons away because of the ideas people support. what i am against is the use of these soldiers in a wrong way without talks first. this is what is so wrong. the Reverend just seems to think it is good just to run off and start killing. you do not impress me so. you have an eye on peace and goodness. it is those that see no other way out that scare the world.
    No (to the bolded) - you're against the use of military in preemptive and invasive tactics regardless of who is being saved or helped in the process.

    Because if you were just against the use of soldiers being used *wrongly* then you wouldn't be against military *in general.*

    Regardless ... I understand your side of the issue, now. I just see things differently and I don't consider our goal to be horrific or evil and comparible to the genocide of the Jews.
    I'm not saying it's right or acceptable for innocent people to die in our seemingly ridiculous effort just to spread democracy into a country that has shown partial interest in accepting it.
    Especially considering that we did exactly that with Iraq and, right after we left, they've continued their own fight and even have been dealt some harsh blows.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  4. #234
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    No (to the bolded) - you're against the use of military in preemptive and invasive tactics regardless of who is being saved or helped in the process.

    Because if you were just against the use of soldiers being used *wrongly* then you wouldn't be against military *in general.*

    Regardless ... I understand your side of the issue, now. I just see things differently and I don't consider our goal to be horrific or evil and comparible to the genocide of the Jews.
    I'm not saying it's right or acceptable for innocent people to die in our seemingly ridiculous effort just to spread democracy into a country that has shown partial interest in accepting it.
    Especially considering that we did exactly that with Iraq and, right after we left, they've continued their own fight and even have been dealt some harsh blows.
    an invasion is wrong. it was wrong when it happened. it is wrong now. the US was not under any threat from Iraq. Iraq was not in any way part of 9/11.
    this was not preemptive. it was purely an assault on a nation. it was wrong. i would support a military solely used to defend it's own shores.
    Last edited by katiegrrl0; 10-27-09 at 09:18 PM.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  5. #235
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    i was helping the Kurds and the Iraq's at different times. i was not killing more as you were. you just made it more difficult.

    well now you have two battles. you are still way behind. i was in Georgia when the Russians attacked and carried bodies and helped the wounded as well. the UN peacekeepers are pretty much full of ****. if you would like to see just how watch the movie No Man's Land. you can see how they help.

    Bosnia was a mess as well. i have earned my right to say what i do about wars and conflicts. i have been there.

    you keep on killing and i will keep showing up to clean up your messes. at least i don't have to film the gutless military's as they destroy innocent people from high above or in tanks on the ground.

    your faith is a sham. it is phony. when you support as much killing as you do it makes your faith just a large joke. a very large joke. maybe if you went to help in a conflict i could see something of value. it is your type of belief that makes the entire idea of faith a joke.


    you excuse bin laden say nothing of the brothels I bring up.....


    you ignore my quote because you know in your heart its right.


    you have an intolerance of religion



    Yawn.... and you are the insignificant weak. your loss of composure is dust at my feet
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #236
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    an invasion is wrong. it was wrong when it happened. it is wrong now. the US was not under any threat from Iraq. Iraq was not in any way part of 9/11.
    this was not preemptive. it was purely an assault on a nation. it was wrong.
    That's your opinion and that just happens to be different than mine.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  7. #237
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    an invasion is wrong. it was wrong when it happened. it is wrong now. the US was not under any threat from Iraq. Iraq was not in any way part of 9/11.
    this was not preemptive. it was purely an assault on a nation. it was wrong. i would support a military solely used to defend it's own shores.



    was the invasion of kuwait by the iraqi baathists wrong?


    I didn't see you condemming them.


    transparent ideologue masked as a pacifist....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #238
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    an invasion is wrong. it was wrong when it happened. it is wrong now. the US was not under any threat from Iraq. Iraq was not in any way part of 9/11.
    this was not preemptive. it was purely an assault on a nation. it was wrong.
    Why do you think it is wrong? There were the UN security council resolution violations. There was the general belief (US, Britain, France) in the existence of WMD. There was the objective of spreading democracy. Do we have to be under threat?

    On the last item, is it not acceptable to invade an autocratic country, after repeated discussions and warnings, to spread democracy?

  9. #239
    Banned American first's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    10-27-09 @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    It always amazes me that we have done more good in this world than any other country in history & yet so many Americans seem to hate their own country.

  10. #240
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    you excuse bin laden say nothing of the brothels I bring up.....


    you ignore my quote because you know in your heart its right.


    you have an intolerance of religion



    Yawn.... and you are the insignificant weak. your loss of composure is dust at my feet
    i have in fact talked about your quote several times. what do you want me to say about it?
    i do not excuse Bin Laden i would like to see where i said that. please show me?
    i make fun of a huge military that can't find him.
    i did not again ignore your quote. i didn't think you required a dissertation on said quote.
    i detest your brand of religion. you preach like a zealot and act as a non believer. you are such a joke. i don't know how you can even stand yourself. or those around you can stand you. what will you do when the family finds out how full of **** you are. you won't be able to type your way out of that.

    you can call me what you like. i don't think you understand anything. i have been sitting here laughing at you. that is not loss of composure. it is sadness that anyone as pathetic as you actually does exist. that is the sad part.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •