Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 579

Thread: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

  1. #211
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    The unspoken assumption is that the enemy will play by your rules.

    Lotsa luck lady.
    maybe people need to talk and make new rules. i am not saying my rules will not get me killed someday. what i am saying is that as closed minded as you all are about keeping the rules the same means there will never be change.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  2. #212
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    oh please they were a threat to no one. the only threat they posed was to daddy Bush's pride. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.

    oh show me the WMD's Bush found. that is so full of ****.
    They were a threat to Israel. You are right that we've found no Iraq connection to the 9/11 attacks.

    You can't assume that because there were no WMD's found that they weren't used as a potent threat by Saddam.

    OBL 11/24/02

  3. #213
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    so you support the Nazi's in what they did. that makes three that support following unjust orders. keep them coming. i am beginning to see how you all support unjust invasions. makes sense.
    Please do not be dumb. I don't see anyone here supporting what the Nazi's did. If you knew anything instead of jumping to conclusions so you can advance retarded notions with no realistic and logical backings you would know that I am well against the Iraq war, our invasion and occupation of Iraq. So just stop. Your hyperbole is amongst the most egregious and idiotic I've seen in some time. Stupidity will not advance this debate.

    In the quote you quoted from me, it specifically says what the Nazi's did was wrong. They were aggressors and acted in inhuman ways. Were the soldiers justified to carry out orders? It's different than our system, there was not a volunteer system in Germany and no path to take for moral objections, and going against the power could lose yourself your life. So there were maybe many reasons. We did our best to run through the ranks and find the people who were issuing orders, and those people faced harsh justice (and rightfully so). So just stop with your hyperbole, spin, and intellectually dishonest debate methods and use calm, ordered logic to express your thoughts.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #214
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    maybe people need to talk and make new rules. i am not saying my rules will not get me killed someday. what i am saying is that as closed minded as you all are about keeping the rules the same means there will never be change.
    Don't be so melodramatic. Only John Lennon died by thinking like that. Well, keeping the rules the same makes sense until the enemy changes his mind. Talk that stuff to bin Laden and see how far you get.

    OBL 11/24/02

  5. #215
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    this is true i agree. as a soldier joins he enables leaders to conduct war. if there is no military because of lack of interest than we all win.
    War is not the only purpose or function of the military. Surely in your desire to understand and judge others in history you know that.

    I wish I could puff on your dream-pipe of living in a threatless world, but I know better. We are far from such a paradise but, of course, it would be nice.

    And, further, you don't have to be a formed military force in order to fight, overthrow or usurp.

    So, what you're really wanting is for everyone to be peaceful and complacent and not hold against eachother - while at the same time you suggest that those who come around you with religious advocacy should be thrown in jail.

    If the world was up to you you'd be the only one in it, it seems.

    Also, there's far more to Hitler's power than having an army at his command - far more involved. Read up, learn, and discover. One way or another, through science, literature, art and disillusion - without a war he still would have done such things.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  6. #216
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,485

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    i will keep watch of the news for when you are attacked. not likely to happen. even if you pull in all your troops.
    That's the same thing folks said in 1941. People were thinking it in 2001, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #217
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Please do not be dumb. I don't see anyone here supporting what the Nazi's did. If you knew anything instead of jumping to conclusions so you can advance retarded notions with no realistic and logical backings you would know that I am well against the Iraq war, our invasion and occupation of Iraq. So just stop. Your hyperbole is amongst the most egregious and idiotic I've seen in some time. Stupidity will not advance this debate.

    In the quote you quoted from me, it specifically says what the Nazi's did was wrong. They were aggressors and acted in inhuman ways. Were the soldiers justified to carry out orders? It's different than our system, there was not a volunteer system in Germany and no path to take for moral objections, and going against the power could lose yourself your life. So there were maybe many reasons. We did our best to run through the ranks and find the people who were issuing orders, and those people faced harsh justice (and rightfully so). So just stop with your hyperbole, spin, and intellectually dishonest debate methods and use calm, ordered logic to express your thoughts.
    the only retarded notions i see put forth here are those that support the troops of the US following unfit orders to invade nations. they are as you say not supportive of the Nazi for following unfit orders. so they need to make up their minds as to what they do believe.

    the other retarded notion is the fact that these posting support Iraq for the most part but they did not support Russia moving troops against Georgia. i was there and saw that one. i see that these posters like to look at the events in history with a jaded eye. the US seems to get a break no matter how they act. the rest of the world must tow the mark.

    i would say that those are pretty retarded. obviously you support the same notions as the rest so i would say that you must be in the retarded clan as well. make up your mind and know what you think is right and wrong.

    i see it all in very black and white terms. if it is wrong for one to invade it is wrong for all. if it is wrong for one to have nuclear weapons it is wrong for all. i am consistent in what i say whereas the morons that you chose to defend have not a clue as to what they are defending.

    in one case this is right in the next case it is wrong. somehow posters need to pick a side and stay on it.

    the bolded statement is what i speak of. it was okay in your mind that the US could invade Iraq and has been shown do inhuman things. yet the Nazi's are wrong for doing the same thing. how is that logic? how do you justify what you are trying to say with a foot on each side of the fence.

    the Nazi's as well as the US soldiers could have said no we will not do such things. neither did they are both equally as guilty for murder and crimes against humanity. one you defend because of blind patriotism and the other you condemn because you know that is correct.

    please make up your mind as to what is right and what is wrong. it will help you in debate to be consistent in your points as i have been in this entire thread.

    i use the examples i use to make points where people really are unsure what they believe. it seems since only you attempted to answer the Nazi question at least know the difference of right and wrong. the others avoided it because their response would have been made to be as stupid as they are had they said the Nazi's were wrong.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  8. #218
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    Don't be so melodramatic. Only John Lennon died by thinking like that. Well, keeping the rules the same makes sense until the enemy changes his mind. Talk that stuff to bin Laden and see how far you get.
    seen your military out and see if the inept US forces can even find him maybe in a few decades or so they might. but as addled as they seem good luck with that.

    has anyone ever tried to find out what Bin Laden is pissed off about or maybe the US whats things on the table before they talk. another horses ass policy from a bunch of horses asses at the top
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  9. #219
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,717

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    was that the US's problem? was that up to you to decide.

    i don't like it. just as i don't like the way women are treated in many countries and i work tirelessly to help them. i have helped in Iraq with those the US tried to murder in invasion. i have bandaged the wounded and carried medicines. what di you do other than try and kill them. what? what has gone on in Iraq is Murder. if you were there you are one of them.



    So you "pacifist" will sit by while people suffer, YOu "pacifist" willsit by while people are killed, You "pacifist" will sit by while women are raped, You "pacifist" will sit by and let the wolves of this world pray on the sheep, and sit thier in ingorant bliss preaching "If I just show them peace, how could they refuse!".... It's a fools erand....


    Like the takamura quote you ignored because it hits you to your very core... You can not be weak, and a pacifist.... That simply makes you a statistic to the tyrant, to the wolf.....


    It's imo, the most abysmall and abhorrent state of being for those not a sociopath.... It is cowardice, and it is the claim of pacisfism that the coward clings to, that does a mass injustice to those of use who are true pacifists.....




    "you don't like", The fact that you choose to be the weak, means your are insignificant, There is nothing you say that matters, because the wolf when he comes knocking does not consider the desires of the sheep....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #220
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,717

    Re: U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    seen your military out and see if the inept US forces can even find him maybe in a few decades or so they might. but as addled as they seem good luck with that.

    has anyone ever tried to find out what Bin Laden is pissed off about or maybe the US whats things on the table before they talk. another horses ass policy from a bunch of horses asses at the top



    "inept"......



    Bin laden's text to America says we need to come to islam for him to stop attacking us....


    I find it odd a "pacifist" such as yourself, would excuse bin laden's violence for understanding, and attack the peacemakers that are the American troops...
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •