Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 107

Thread: War on coal

  1. #31
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: War on coal

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    See... I knew you couldn't come up with a damn thing-- as usual--to prove your point.

    Happy elk hunting!
    See... I knew you couldn't come up with a damn thing that I could read and understand-- as usual--to prove your point.

    Fixed it for you.
    Last edited by Gill; 10-26-09 at 02:52 PM.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  2. #32
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: War on coal

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    See... I knew you couldn't come up with a damn thing that I could read and understand-- as usual--to prove your point.
    Fixed it for you.
    Still wondering why any of this has any real bearing on the topic, given that MTR accounts for less than 5% of the output of the US coal mining industry.

  3. #33
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: War on coal

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Still wondering why any of this has any real bearing on the topic, given that MTR accounts for less than 5% of the output of the US coal mining industry.
    Because your statistic still does not make up for the fact that the place where I live is being rampaged. It doesn't make up for the fact that farmers are having to leave farming because the sediments have polluted their water supplies.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  4. #34
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: War on coal

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Still wondering why any of this has any real bearing on the topic, given that MTR accounts for less than 5% of the output of the US coal mining industry.
    Wow.

    All that destruction for 5%.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: War on coal

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Wow.
    It was a joke, seriously...
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #36
    Professor
    formerroadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,014

    Re: War on coal

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    Because your statistic still does not make up for the fact that the place where I live is being rampaged. It doesn't make up for the fact that farmers are having to leave farming because the sediments have polluted their water supplies.
    Yeah, I think the OP should be titled: "War on Killing the Environment", but I'm not going to count on the OP getting that part of the equation.
    It's time for a revolution in our country. Not a revolution forged with guns and bombs but a revolution forged of compassion and altruism. A revolution that extends a hand to those who don't have and who cannot. A revolution that makes Health Care available to all those in the US.

  7. #37
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: War on coal

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    Because your statistic still does not make up for the fact that the place where I live is being rampaged. It doesn't make up for the fact that farmers are having to leave farming because the sediments have polluted their water supplies.
    Your personal situation has no relevance to nation-wide issue.

    Assume for a moment that MTR is completely eliminated.

    Then what?

  8. #38
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: War on coal

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Wow.
    All that destruction for 5%.
    STILL wondering why any of this has any real bearing on the topic, given that MTR accounts for less than 5% of the output of the US coal mining industry.

  9. #39
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: War on coal

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Your personal situation has no relevance to nation-wide issue.

    Assume for a moment that MTR is completely eliminated.

    Then what?
    We only lose 5% of coal output and we get to keep the oldest mountain range, and quite frankly the oldest piece of land, in the world.

    How can you not understand this?
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  10. #40
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: War on coal

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    STILL wondering why any of this has any real bearing on the topic, given that MTR accounts for less than 5% of the output of the US coal mining industry.
    Because coal, and coal mining, has other destructive measures:

    Tennessee Spill: The Exxon Valdez Of Coal Ash? : NPR

    This spill was catastrophic.

    Also, how about destruction of property... years later:

    Abandoned mines can threaten homes, schools, roads - WAVE 3 TV Louisville, KY |

    And let's not get started with the pollution it causes...
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •