Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 173

Thread: FACT CHECK: Health insurer profits not so fat

  1. #121
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: FACT CHECK: Health insurer profits not so fat

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    .....Yeah...Liberals are dumb. Awesome reply. Why haven't you been banned yet?
    and yet the standard attack of the left is that the Insurance companies are reaping disgusting profits on the death of the avg americans

    yet when a report shows the slim margins it is dodge and spin as usual

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  2. #122
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: FACT CHECK: Health insurer profits not so fat

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    donc, apdst, if either ya'll come through Dallas ya'll are welcome at my house.
    Now you tell me! I was in Carrolton two weeks ago!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #123
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: FACT CHECK: Health insurer profits not so fat

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    hauling big logs out of the woods, in a 1966 B53 one stack Mack, with a undersized 673 Diesel Engine but it did have triplex transmission in it.
    Ok, well then, I'll back up...a little. Only a little, because I own an '82 R-model Mack, with a 335, five-and-a-four, 70 Tulsa with a power-tower and full rolling tail board. Oh and camel back springs, too, but that was a given I reckon.

    It's sweet, you would love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #124
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: FACT CHECK: Health insurer profits not so fat

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ok, well then, I'll back up...a little. Only a little, because I own an '82 R-model Mack, with a 335, five-and-a-four, 70 Tulsa with a power-tower and full rolling tail board. Oh and camel back springs, too, but that was a given I reckon.

    It's sweet, you would love it.

    Camel back, nothing like air ride eh?
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  5. #125
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: FACT CHECK: Health insurer profits not so fat

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Camel back, nothing like air ride eh?
    It's ole' school, my man.

    I latched onto 80,000 pounds a while back and picked the front end up off the ground. I had to tie off to another truck to get that unit winched up. It was awesome!
    Last edited by apdst; 10-27-09 at 01:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #126
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: FACT CHECK: Health insurer profits not so fat

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's ole' school, my man.
    Old school ...the term leather a** comes to mind.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  7. #127
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: FACT CHECK: Health insurer profits not so fat

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Old school ...the term leather a** come to mind.
    I was thinking more, "iron ass"...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #128
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,257

    Re: FACT CHECK: Health insurer profits not so fat

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    No, It's not. Competition ALWAYS benefits the consumer. It drives prices down. That decreases profits for the producer. Your concept that it decreases risk to the insurance company so it's beneficial doesn't wash because the other insurance companies would also be taking an equivalent market share of the good profitable consumers.
    In the majority of cases. However, if firm A holds a competitive advantage over their competition, let us assume product quality, competition would then lead to a scenario where the less advantaged firms (call them B) produced inferior products (as income rises, consumers are more likely to purchase from firm A, and not firm(s) B)

    This allows for a positively sloped demand curve. Crazy huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There is error in your example, because anti-trust laws wouldn't allow that to happen.
    It was just a highly assumptive example

    Transcrafts are crap. We found common ground!.... I'm a Fontaine guy. Reason being, I owned a 97 Fontaine flatbed in '01 sold it, that guy wrecked it, he sold it to another guy that rebuilt it, then it got burned, then I bought it for a song and rebuilt it and she's still going strong.
    Never worked on a Fontaine. In my area, the nice steel ones are Great Danes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    They do., I think it's like 80,000 with truck and trailer.
    Not relevant but I couldn't resist.
    I was thinking more along the lines of the yearly aggregate.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  9. #129
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: FACT CHECK: Health insurer profits not so fat

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You just said it was illegal and in the very next sentence you call them crooks...LMAO!!!!
    They are Crooks! Keep burying head in sand buster
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  10. #130
    Professor
    formerroadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,014

    Re: FACT CHECK: Health insurer profits not so fat

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I didn't know this. Health insurance companies only make a 6% +/- profit? That's a going out of business profit margin. I wouldn't own a business that only made a 6% profit margin. Hell, if I had a business that didn't make 10%+, I would close it down and walk off and that's still below the bottom end of the national average. I mean, a business that actually meant to make money and not just a tax shelter. The tax shelters I own make negative profits, but that's what they're supposed to do.

    These are the evil, greedy, money grubbin' insurance companies that the Libbos tell us about? Really? No wonder insurance companies turn people away for pre-existing conditions. With a 6% profit margin, there's no way an insurance company could staty afloat if they insured every swinging dick that signed up. Good God!!!

    This just goes to how how dishonest Libbos and the MSM really are. How dare they not reveal this information before now?
    My question is, why does it matter? For profit health care is unethical anyway. Also, why is it that you trust YahooNews over other news organization that contradict YahooNews..... Oh, I know, cuz they agree with you. Whatever. One news source against all the others who are following reports of their own and you only believe the one that agrees with you. Show's how dishonest your point of view is.
    It's time for a revolution in our country. Not a revolution forged with guns and bombs but a revolution forged of compassion and altruism. A revolution that extends a hand to those who don't have and who cannot. A revolution that makes Health Care available to all those in the US.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •