Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 55

Thread: Obama's Minions Are Ingrates

  1. #31
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: Obama's Minions Are Ingrates

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    I accept your concession.....
    Yeah. I'm sure that works on the playground where you hang out, but I answered everything you said, you know about Bush actually taking responsibility and dealing with 9/11, making the necessary decisions, but you seem to think that ignoring it and repeating what you said means I have to answer it again. You lose. But then, what else is new?

    That you simply have never even tried to answer my points, and instead tried to make it about Bush, well, that says everything necessary. And one of the things it says is that you don't actually think much of Obama, much as you'd insist that you do, because you know you aren't even trying to defend him on the merits of my points. Oh, well.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Obama's Minions Are Ingrates

    Quote Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
    Emanuel actually made a valid point in a round about way. According to the OP Bush didn't do a full review supposedly asking all the questions Emanuel was referring to until mid-September to mid-November 2008 via the Lute Review, roughly 7 years after the first combat operations. At that point, late 2008, Bush wouldn't have had time to make the necessary changes that probably should have been made long before the situation in Afghanistan became Obama's problem.
    Surely, Rahm must have been screaming to the high heavens, demanding a full inquiry at the time, asking the "basic questions"....



    What a god damn pathetic joke. What the hell does Rahm Emanuel know about warfare? About the "basic questions" concerning Afghanistan?

    Nothing, that's what. He knows nothing. He's just a scumbag Chicago politician trying to deflect blame from his cowardly boss; it goes without saying that the partisan faithful will lap it up like the non-thinking, useful idiots that they are.

    This administration is the perfect liberal storm.

    Spineless, whiny, lying hypocrites.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Obama's Minions Are Ingrates

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Yeah. I'm sure that works on the playground where you hang out, but I answered everything you said, you know about Bush actually taking responsibility and dealing with 9/11, making the necessary decisions, but you seem to think that ignoring it and repeating what you said means I have to answer it again. You lose. But then, what else is new?

    That you simply have never even tried to answer my points, and instead tried to make it about Bush, well, that says everything necessary. And one of the things it says is that you don't actually think much of Obama, much as you'd insist that you do, because you know you aren't even trying to defend him on the merits of my points. Oh, well.
    Didn't you try to make the whole thing NOT about Bush and Cheney past policies having a direct consequences as to current Afghanistan..

    Post a link where Bush or Cheney took any responsiblity for NOT being prepared for the 9-11 attacks on their watch?
    Last edited by goldendog; 10-26-09 at 01:38 AM.

  4. #34
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: Obama's Minions Are Ingrates

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Didn't you try to make the whole thing NOT about Bush and Cheney past policies having a direct consequences as to current Afghanistan..
    Nope.

    I'm pointing out that Obama took charge and responsibility himself, with his own "comprehensive strategy" and own hand-picked general, whereas you excuse him entirely, clinging to blaming Bush exclusively.


    Post a link where Bush or Cheney took any responsiblity for NOT being prepared for the 9-11 attacks on their watch?
    They took responsibility for dealing with it, didn't blame it on anyone, and dealt with it.

    If you want to discuss what they should have done with the information they had, I created a thread for that several weeks ago.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/govern...re-9-11-a.html

    Besides, any president who hasn't taken charge after burning nearly a quarter of his term is a weak, ineffectual one. What IS he waiting for? Someone to tell him it's OK?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #35
    Professor
    formerroadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,014

    Re: Obama's Minions Are Ingrates

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Didn't you try to make the whole thing NOT about Bush and Cheney past policies having a direct consequences as to current Afghanistan..

    Post a link where Bush or Cheney took any responsiblity for NOT being prepared for the 9-11 attacks on their watch?
    Dude, arguing with Harshaw on this point is obviously moot. He's not going to admit fault with his argument. It would mean backpedaling on the inane title of his thread and the basic understanding of the situation you have so rightly pointed out. Don't bother wasting any more cyberspace on his obviously inconsistent arguments.
    It's time for a revolution in our country. Not a revolution forged with guns and bombs but a revolution forged of compassion and altruism. A revolution that extends a hand to those who don't have and who cannot. A revolution that makes Health Care available to all those in the US.

  6. #36
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: Obama's Minions Are Ingrates

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    I accept your concession.....

    You've made my point very clear....the right can't have it both ways.

    If as you say President Obama is going to be held responsible for the present day Afghanistan and what let to it along with not making decisions quickly and accurately enough then so should Dick and Bush.
    Uh, did you miss the whole part about how Bush actually made the decisions which needed to be made? You quoted it all, of course, but that certainly doesn't mean you read it.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Obama's Minions Are Ingrates

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Uh, did you miss the whole part about how Bush actually made the decisions which needed to be made? You quoted it all, of course, but that certainly doesn't mean you read it.
    He needed to make the decision to leave Afghanistan and let the Taliban regain strength over a 6 year period?

    He needed to have additional troop requests sit on his desk for eight months prior to him leaving office.

    He NEEDED TO DO THOSE THINGS?

  8. #38
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: Obama's Minions Are Ingrates

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    He needed to make the decision to leave Afghanistan and let the Taliban regain strength over a 6 year period?

    He needed to have additional troop requests sit on his desk for eight months prior to him leaving office.

    He NEEDED TO DO THOSE THINGS?
    That's funny; I thought we were talking about 9 months into his Presidency, not two years into his second term.

    If you can find me defending Bush's incompetent second term anywhere, please point it out. I'll be waiting.

    But it still has nothing to do with Obama being an indecisive whiner about something he had already "carefully reviewed" and implemented a "comprehensive strategy" for.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #39
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:18 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,452
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama's Minions Are Ingrates

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    Alcoholism is personal behavior, I dont buy into the whole genetic theory.
    Good on ya... I threw it in there because there is a tendency for a group of people (Libs) to make it seem like everything is beyond our control... like we're blobs with no personal will.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Obama's Minions Are Ingrates

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    That's funny; I thought we were talking about 9 months into his Presidency, not two years into his second term.

    If you can find me defending Bush's incompetent second term anywhere, please point it out. I'll be waiting.

    But it still has nothing to do with Obama being an indecisive whiner about something he had already "carefully reviewed" and implemented a "comprehensive strategy" for.
    Was it two years into Bush and Cheney's second term when they left Afghanistan behind and focused on finding Bin Laden in Iraq? Leaving the Taliban to regain strenght and Afghanistan to dissolve into what it is currently.

    Check your dates.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •