Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 143

Thread: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

  1. #71
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    You are referring to the failed Bush Objective for eight years? That objective is being reviewed by the new Commander-in-Chief.
    Failed? Show us the failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Failed? Show us the failure.
    Has the Taliban been allowed to regain strength over the last several years?

    Did Bush refuse to send the additional troops requested during an eight month period prior to his leaving office?

    Has there been Puppet government corruption that led to the recent election fraud?

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Has the Taliban been allowed to regain strength over the last several years?

    Did Bush refuse to send the additional troops requested during an eight month period prior to his leaving office?

    Has there been Puppet government corruption that led to the recent election fraud?
    Yes.

    Yes.

    Yes.

  4. #74
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Failed? Show us the failure.
    After 8 years of war, the Taliban have increased their presence in Afghanistan to now approximately 80% of the country, and terrorists have grown in numbers worldwide.

    Was that the objective of the 8 year war? If not then the objective failed.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #75
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    After 8 years of war, the Taliban have increased their presence in Afghanistan to now approximately 80% of the country, and terrorists have grown in numbers worldwide.

    Was that the objective of the 8 year war? If not then the objective failed.
    So, 8 years is the official time limit? Where's that written?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, 8 years is the official time limit? Where's that written?
    You are getting desperate...

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, 8 years is the official time limit? Where's that written?
    So "NOW" is the official time limit for the President to make a logical decision based on recent facts?

  8. #78
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by kansaswhig View Post
    You are getting desperate...
    I'm serious and not desperate. We've been told it's a failure, because Bush didn't wrap it up in 8 years. Why is it a failure?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #79
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    So "NOW" is the official time limit for the President to make a logical decision based on recent facts?
    That's right. Bush was wrong for dragging his feet and so is PBO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm serious and not desperate. We've been told it's a failure, because Bush didn't wrap it up in 8 years. Why is it a failure?
    Because not only was there no progress...

    There was major regression!

    The Taliban was nearly eradicated by the end of 2001!

    AQ was on the run to PAK!

    Now look!

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •