Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 143

Thread: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Let's not be stupidly paranoid.
    Aside from wanting to attack me personally...please explain why you feel that way?

    Why else would Bush let those troop requests sit on his dest for eight months?

  2. #42
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Are you saying they've been sitting on their lazy asses doing nothing? I've heard you say some pretty ****ty things, but I never thought you'd kick our troops in the teeth.
    No, GD is obviously saying that the troops have been ready to get the job done for 8 years. They have done their part with valor. What has been lacking for 8 years has been a coherent plan.

    Don't you think it wise to have plan before we put more troops in harms way?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #43
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Aside from wanting to attack me personally...please explain why you feel that way?

    Why else would Bush let those troop requests sit on his dest for eight months?
    I don't know, and I am not one to defend Bush, but I do not see him trying intentionally trying to hurt the country, nor to sabotage the next administration. I think he was a horrid president, but not that horrid a person. Without some real evidence of motivation, it is at best speculation to suggest what you did, and not very good speculation.

    I did not say what I did out of a desire to attack you, but it's attitudes like that that give conservatives easy ammunition to use against us liberals.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #44
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by kansaswhig View Post
    Mullen's has concured with the the McChrystal report...he's advocated no new strategy nor recommended troop levels. Petreaus has been oddly silent. McChrystal had the report leaked; so we know where he stands.
    General Patreaus hasn't been silent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I don't know, and I am not one to defend Bush, but I do not see him trying intentionally trying to hurt the country, nor to sabotage the next administration. I think he was a horrid president, but not that horrid a person. Without some real evidence of motivation, it is at best speculation to suggest what you did, and not very good speculation.

    I did not say what I did out of a desire to attack you, but it's attitudes like that that give conservatives easy ammunition to use against us liberals.
    You want evidence? Have you been listening to the ex-vp lately? Is he not still a mouth piece for George Bush? If you think their political motivations are not that horrid then all I can say is WAKE UP.

    Screw that easy ammunition crap...why won't they answer the question then? Why won't you answer the question?
    Last edited by goldendog; 10-25-09 at 12:43 AM.

  6. #46
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    AS President Obama and his advisers contemplate a new course for Afghanistan, many commentators are suggesting analogies with earlier conflicts, particularly the war in Vietnam. Such comparisons can be useful, but only if the characterizations of earlier wars are accurate and lessons are appropriately applied.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/18/op...vietnam&st=cse

    In other words, Afghanistan can be won without becoming another Viet Nam. Sorley highlights how in the article.

    OBL 11/24/02

  7. #47
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    You want evidence? Have you been listening to the ex-vp lately? Is he not still a mouth piece for George Bush? If you think their political motivations are not that horrid then all I can say is WAKE UP.

    Screw that easy ammunition crap...why won't they answer the question then?
    I do not think Cheney is any one's mouthpiece but his own.

    They probably won't answer the question because they do not know, just as you do not know.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    General Patreaus hasn't been silent.
    Post recent quotes from Patreaus that proves otherwise?

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I do not think Cheney is any one's mouthpiece but his own.

    They probably won't answer the question because they do not know, just as you do not know.
    Yes right Red...I don't know that they took an entirely stand off policy for years reguarding Afghanistan...I don't know that Bush had additional troop requests on his desk for the last eight months of his dismal tenure and refuse to approve them..I don't know that Cheney and his tooters are out attacking the President from day one accusing him of not acting fast enough.....

    WAKE UP RED...
    Last edited by goldendog; 10-25-09 at 12:48 AM.

  10. #50
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I do not think Cheney is any one's mouthpiece but his own.

    They probably won't answer the question because they do not know, just as you do not know.
    You are my favorite Liberal.

    OBL 11/24/02

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •