Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 143

Thread: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

  1. #131
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by kansaswhig View Post
    I admire the politeness of the right wing.

    I guess you could blame that on the past eight years as well....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I guess you could blame that on the past eight years as well....


    j-mac
    I'm not a partisan, which makes me such a good observer.

    I hate both wings equally.

    However, I'm on a mission to find partisan trolls who read through threads looking for opportunities to:

    1. Demand sources (though they rarely provide any themselves)
    2. Attack sources (apdst's attack on wikipedia yesterday was priceless)
    3. Attack folks personally
    4. Repeat talking points they heard on TV or radio.
    5. Ignore valid rebuttals and bring up something totally non-germane to the topic at hand.

    Everyone knows the game and who the worst violators are. I'm trying to beat them at their own game. So, I'm going to troll all the trolls and annoy the **** out of them. (when I have time, I have a job and kids)

    From what I've observed on this forum (and others), left wingers generally start threads with rediculous topics to bait the conservatives into a fight. But the right-wingers usually fail to come through because they concentrate most of their effort asking for sources, attacking sources, making personal attacks or bringing up something unrelated, rather than making counterpoints to support their opinion. It's vicious cycle. And wastes a lot of GB here and on other forums. Both parties are to blame.
    Last edited by kansaswhig; 10-25-09 at 03:51 PM.

  3. #133
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    bush was a loser

    afghanistan is killing THIS president---politically
    I believe Obama won't make a decision before the run off election in Afghanistan 11/7/09.

    Bush wasn't a loser.

    Obama can heed the sage advice of Lewis Sorley (post #102 http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058325803 ) to avoid losing in Afghanistan.

    OBL 11/24/02

  4. #134
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by kansaswhig View Post
    I'm not a partisan, which makes me such a good observer.

    I hate both wings equally.

    However, I'm on a mission to find partisan trolls who read through threads looking for opportunities to:

    1. Demand sources (though they rarely provide any themselves)
    2. Attack sources (apdst's attack on wikipedia yesterday was priceless)
    3. Attack folks personally
    4. Repeat talking points they heard on TV or radio.
    5. Ignore valid rebuttals and bring up something totally non-germane to the topic at hand.

    Everyone knows the game and who the worst violators are. I'm trying to beat them at their own game. So, I'm going to troll all the trolls and annoy the **** out of them. (when I have time, I have a job and kids)

    From what I've observed on this forum (and others), left wingers generally start threads with rediculous topics to bait the conservatives into a fight. But the right-wingers usually fail to come through because they concentrate most of their effort asking for sources, attacking sources, making personal attacks or bringing up something unrelated, rather than making counterpoints to support their opinion. It's vicious cycle. And wastes a lot of GB here and on other forums. Both parties are to blame.


    My post was half joking, but thanks for the revelation.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    My post was half joking, but thanks for the revelation.


    j-mac
    Join me in the crusade to destroy partisan trolls.

  6. #136
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by kansaswhig View Post
    I don't know what I would have done if the Army would have really screwed me. I probably would have just enlisted.
    Oh yeah, I would have resigned my commission at the first available moment. I served with a guy that did that. He went to college on what was known as the Green and Gold program, or something like that. Basically, he got off of active duty, went to college and joined ROTC so he could come back in as a commissioned officer. They branched him transportation. He resigned and went back enlisted. It was right after that, I was offered a slot at OCS and said, "thanks, but no thanks".





    Thanks! But I'm not into the nerdy artillery stuff like red socks. I make fun of those guys usually! I'll get St. Barbs someday, I'm sure. I'm not sweating it.


    I don't care how nerdy it is, it's tradition. You think I liked wearing that stetson? That's not the way to wear a friggin cowboy hat! But, I wore the dorky looking thing, anyway. Oh, and spurs on my jump boots? That was just to much for me, but, I did it. You just suck it up and drive on, keep your cassons full, your horses fresh and I'll wave to you as you pass through Fiddler's Green, on your way to hell.

    I'd rather bring all my boys home safely from combat...
    As long as you don't show up with that little superiority complex you have and you'll be ok. Don't piss off your NCO's, they can make you, or break you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #137
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by kansaswhig View Post
    I'm not a partisan, which makes me such a good observer.

    I hate both wings equally.

    You know how redundant that comment is? "I'm not partisan! Moderates are the best!". Come on, Cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #138
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    My question would this:

    Will the Europissants in NATO actually send soliders to help out our boys or is this so called "broad support" more Euro-garbage?

    Obama needs to make a decision either follow General McChrystal's advice and send help to our boys or bring them home. Hell for Christ sake he can flip a coin and he still would have a 50% chance of making the right call.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  9. #139
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    My question would this:

    Will the Europissants in NATO actually send soliders to help out our boys or is this so called "broad support" more Euro-garbage?

    Obama needs to make a decision either follow General McChrystal's advice and send help to our boys or bring them home. Hell for Christ sake he can flip a coin and he still would have a 50% chance of making the right call.
    Since NATO took command of ISAF in 2003, the Alliance has gradually expanded the reach of its mission, originally limited to Kabul, to cover Afghanistan’s whole territory. The number of ISAF troops has grown accordingly from the initial 5,000 to around 50.000 troops coming from 42 countries, including all 28 NATO members.
    NATO - Topic: Afghanistan, NATO's role in

    NATO provides 50,000 troops.

    And I think Obama wants to see how the run off elections go.

    OBL 11/24/02

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: NATO Backs McChrystal Strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know how redundant that comment is? "I'm not partisan! Moderates are the best!". Come on, Cap.
    I don't think redundant is the word you are looking for.

    I am not partisan.

    I'm moderate, I guess, but I hate political labels.

    I'm thankful I'm not chained to a political ideology that dictates what I think. I feel sorry for those who are and who feel such ardent loyalty to parties and ideology that they sacrifice rational thought, common sense the the virtue of being honest.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •