Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 103

Thread: The Fox News war: What’s the upside for Obama?

  1. #21
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,817
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Fox News war: What’s the upside for Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    The upside I see is individuals starting to look at FNC with a more critical eye. Becoming aware of the difference between News and Editorial.

    I smile ironically when I hear "Fair and Balanced" -- it's funny, because FNC is anything but... The more people see that, the better.
    Funny, another one of your red herrings exposed below. Fox News is more fair and balanced than the other major media outlets. What does that say about the others? Let's just look at one of those others shall we?

    FOX vs. MSNBC (2008 Presidential Election):

    The Color Of News: How Different Media Have Covered the General Election - Pew Research Center



    This is interesting as well:

    Most Voters Say News Media Wants Obama to Win - Pew Research Center


    ______

    Now back to the topic at hand. I love it when a partisan droid such as yourself gives a slanted news organization such as MSNBC a free pass and attacks FOX News for being "slanted". I got a kick out of the red herring you posted here - http://www.debatepolitics.com/bias-m...post1058318288. Which one of those stories that was covered by a pundit/commentator and also covered by the news programming wasn't actually news? Are you saying that commentators aren't supposed to comment on a news story or that the news programming isn't supposed to report things like news?

    Let's look at this from an unbiased standpoint shall we?

    Does FOX News lean pretty far right? You bet they do.

    Does MSNBC lean just as far to the left (if not farther) than FOX News does to the right? You bet they do.

    Are there "sheeple" that only get their news from one media source? Of course there are.

    Does FOX News cover news stories that the others don't (like ACORN, Van Jones, etc...)? Yep. Does MSNBC cover stories that FOX News doesn't cover? You betcha.

    The point is that you can't get the truth from just one media outlet, you have to look at more than one. I mostly watch FOX News because I enjoy Glenn Beck, Special Report (w/ Bret Bair) and occasionally O'Reilly. I do watch CNN, HLN and occasionally MSNBC as well. Why? Because I would be misled 24/7 if I only watched one media outlet - doesn't matter which one. I get my news from various places - the ones I mentioned previously, Yahoo News and Google News along with a few others. So I'm capable of seeing the slant in FOX News, but I'm also capable of seeing the slant in MSNBC as well. And for every attack you launch at FOX News, there is one waiting for you to launch at MSNBC, and yet I have never seen you attack MSNBC once (if you have, please link me to it and I will apologize at once). Even if you have once or twice, it pales in comparison to your never-ending quest to expose FOX News for being the same misguided news organization that the rest of them are to varying degrees.

    I for one am glad that FOX News exists. If I never watched FOX News, I would think that Obama is the greatest thing since sliced bread and that he is a Messiah here to save us all. You see the role of the Washington media is to watch government, question government and report their findings. Can you imagine how things would have looked had CNN, MSNBC and ABC not questioned the Bush administration? They did their job then, but are failing the American people now, thus showing their bias. It's right there, plain as day for you to see, but I realize that your partisan shades may prevent you from actually seeing, you know - the truth.

    This current administration is the most un-Presidential administration that we've had in my lifetime. They are picking a fight with a news organization that dares question their appointments of devout communists, broken campaign promises, history of corruption and other shenanigans behind closed doors. If a Republican were in office, wouldn't you want MSNBC, CNN and others to do exactly what FOX News is doing now? You can't turn a blind eye to the side that you agree with if you want to be taken seriously (even in the slightest) when they have done and do the same thing that you accuse the side you disagree with of doing.

    You have now been shown the error of your ways and your logic has been shot full of holes. I eagerly await your retort.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  2. #22
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,526

    Re: The Fox News war: What’s the upside for Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    How will they pay? I do not understand the problem with Obama speaking out towards biased news sources and in my book? This makes him even stronger because he is sending out a clear message that his white house will take no crap!
    They'll pay in ratings and credibility. They'll no longer be able to herald themselves as the watchdogs of our freedoms. This makes him look as if doesn't believe in the freedoms given to us by our Constitution.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Do you even watch Fox News? All they do is cry about how they think they are better than the others

    The real question, is do you watch FNC? Because, it's not all they do. I believe you think what Media Matters tells you think. You probably still believe that Bush was AWOL...




    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Of course you don't and in 5 years the lefties will say the same thing about their whining of Fox now. Naturally people remember opposition more then affirmation.

    Care to post something proving your claim? Prolly not, huh?

    Be honest, how many posts have there been on this forum with Olby Watch used as the source? I haven't seen one yet, but I wasn't here when Bush was prez. The forums I was on when he was prez, didn't yield any Olby Watch posts, though. I'm betting it didn't happen any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #23
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,817
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Fox News war: What’s the upside for Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nail Biter View Post
    Has anyone seen the documentary Outfoxed? I think it paints a pretty picture of the 2004 election, and how Fox News clearly takes yet another conservative direction, while slandering Kerry every chance they got.

    Fox News is clearly a conservative network. It has been this way for years, only now their boy isn't president, so now their vile behavior is at an all time high, point at Obama.

    I'm not the biggest Obama fan, but I think Fox is definitely has a conservative, political agenda.

    For some great short clips of what I'm talking about, visit mediamatters.org
    Oh yes, Media Matters - that bastion of truth.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  4. #24
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: The Fox News war: What’s the upside for Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    Oh yes, Media Matters - that bastion of truth.
    Nice welcome post.


    And yup, they do a good job with links and documentation.

  5. #25
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: The Fox News war: What’s the upside for Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nail Biter View Post
    Has anyone seen the documentary Outfoxed? I think it paints a pretty picture of the 2004 election, and how Fox News clearly takes yet another conservative direction, while slandering Kerry every chance they got.

    Fox News is clearly a conservative network. It has been this way for years, only now their boy isn't president, so now their vile behavior is at an all time high, point at Obama.

    I'm not the biggest Obama fan, but I think Fox is definitely has a conservative, political agenda.

    For some great short clips of what I'm talking about, visit mediamatters.org

    Nice to meetcha, Nail Biter! Welcome to DP

    IA with your comment, and particularly w/ the statement that Fox has a political agenda.

  6. #26
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,817
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Fox News war: What’s the upside for Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    Nice welcome post.


    And yup, they do a good job with links and documentation.
    And it's been exposed repeatedly as lies and half-truths. You see context is very important, and they have repeatedly taken things out of context. But thanks for giving it your best shot.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  7. #27
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,526

    Re: The Fox News war: What’s the upside for Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    Nice welcome post.


    And yup, they do a good job with links and documentation.
    That's a hoot! Is this the same Media Matters that claimed Rush made racist comments that he didn't make? The same Media Matters that never retracted their accusations that Bush was AWOL, even after the docs were proved to faked? That Media Matters?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #28
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,606

    Re: The Fox News war: What’s the upside for Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    Funny, another one of your red herrings exposed below. Fox News is more fair and balanced than the other major media outlets. What does that say about the others? Let's just look at one of those others shall we?

    FOX vs. MSNBC (2008 Presidential Election):

    The Color Of News: How Different Media Have Covered the General Election - Pew Research Center



    This is interesting as well:

    Most Voters Say News Media Wants Obama to Win - Pew Research Center


    ______

    Now back to the topic at hand. I love it when a partisan droid such as yourself gives a slanted news organization such as MSNBC a free pass and attacks FOX News for being "slanted". I got a kick out of the red herring you posted here - http://www.debatepolitics.com/bias-m...post1058318288. Which one of those stories that was covered by a pundit/commentator and also covered by the news programming wasn't actually news? Are you saying that commentators aren't supposed to comment on a news story or that the news programming isn't supposed to report things like news?

    Let's look at this from an unbiased standpoint shall we?

    Does FOX News lean pretty far right? You bet they do.

    Does MSNBC lean just as far to the left (if not farther) than FOX News does to the right? You bet they do.

    Are there "sheeple" that only get their news from one media source? Of course there are.

    Does FOX News cover news stories that the others don't (like ACORN, Van Jones, etc...)? Yep. Does MSNBC cover stories that FOX News doesn't cover? You betcha.

    The point is that you can't get the truth from just one media outlet, you have to look at more than one. I mostly watch FOX News because I enjoy Glenn Beck, Special Report (w/ Bret Bair) and occasionally O'Reilly. I do watch CNN, HLN and occasionally MSNBC as well. Why? Because I would be misled 24/7 if I only watched one media outlet - doesn't matter which one. I get my news from various places - the ones I mentioned previously, Yahoo News and Google News along with a few others. So I'm capable of seeing the slant in FOX News, but I'm also capable of seeing the slant in MSNBC as well. And for every attack you launch at FOX News, there is one waiting for you to launch at MSNBC, and yet I have never seen you attack MSNBC once (if you have, please link me to it and I will apologize at once). Even if you have once or twice, it pales in comparison to your never-ending quest to expose FOX News for being the same misguided news organization that the rest of them are to varying degrees.

    I for one am glad that FOX News exists. If I never watched FOX News, I would think that Obama is the greatest thing since sliced bread and that he is a Messiah here to save us all. You see the role of the Washington media is to watch government, question government and report their findings. Can you imagine how things would have looked had CNN, MSNBC and ABC not questioned the Bush administration? They did their job then, but are failing the American people now, thus showing their bias. It's right there, plain as day for you to see, but I realize that your partisan shades may prevent you from actually seeing, you know - the truth.

    This current administration is the most un-Presidential administration that we've had in my lifetime. They are picking a fight with a news organization that dares question their appointments of devout communists, broken campaign promises, history of corruption and other shenanigans behind closed doors. If a Republican were in office, wouldn't you want MSNBC, CNN and others to do exactly what FOX News is doing now? You can't turn a blind eye to the side that you agree with if you want to be taken seriously (even in the slightest) when they have done and do the same thing that you accuse the side you disagree with of doing.

    You have now been shown the error of your ways and your logic has been shot full of holes. I eagerly await your retort.
    This does not fit the narrative, so the Fox-bashers will simply ignore it. Pew is obviously in on it.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #29
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: The Fox News war: What’s the upside for Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's a hoot! Is this the same Media Matters that claimed Rush made racist comments that he didn't make? The same Media Matters that never retracted their accusations that Bush was AWOL, even after the docs were proved to faked? That Media Matters?

    BUSH said he went awol: He said he missed meetings, and made them up later. Except then he said that missing meetings wasn't actually awol.


    And Media Matters has audio of the racist statements it said Rush made.


    Fox = the suck.
    Media Matters = documentation.

    It's pretty simple.

  10. #30
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: The Fox News war: What’s the upside for Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    This does not fit the narrative, so the Fox-bashers will simply ignore it. Pew is obviously in on it.

    I actually thought the links were interesting and read them, but declined to answer b/c of the condescending tone of the post and the calling of names re: the poster it was directed to.

    I usually don't answer those posts, although sometimes I do.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •