Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 276

Thread: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

  1. #251
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    How do you explain his, and other partisan fox commentators, offering opinions during what Fox claims is the "news" portion of their daily schedule?
    And NBC and others don't do this, ever? Fox is the only one who ever has people give their opinion as they, also, report the news?

    I've never tuned into Fox and expected to get a traditional rundown of the news. I want to hear opinions (regardless of the fact that I don't agree with 1/2 of them) for the same reason I don't demand and expect people to ONLY quote FACTS in a debate forum - I, also, want opinions. Because it's more engaging that way and gives me more to talk about.

    If I want traditional news without ANY inferred opinion I will tune, not to CNN or NBC, but I will tune to my local stations at 5:00, 9:00 or 10:00 where they deliver news without any opinion or bias - just the facts.

    The deal, here, is that all these "24 hr" news stations have to report 1 hours worth of news over a 24 hr period - leaving them no choice but to have to fluff-up the content and alter the method in which it's delivered by other people.

    So, some shows are journalism-based. Others are a mix of journalism-opinion and others are pure opinion.

    It's up the viewer to decide what's acceptable and what isn't - if someone doesn't want Miller chiming in on what he *feels* then they don't have to watch him when he's on - and if he's on too often then they don't have to watch that channel at all.

    However - according to Rachel at NBC this isn't even the "beef" with fox - the beef with fox is that they're not supportive of the president.
    In the same way that NBC and everyone else were on a manhunt for Bush's head. . .talk about hypocrisy.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #252
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Show me evidence that Chris Mathews has ever knowingly broadcast a lie



    Open Letter To Chris Matthews: Chris Matthews Lies About Barack Obama

    Ignoring own history of smearing Gore, Matthews claimed "Gore got himself in those problem areas" and repeated smears | Media Matters for America

    (look its your media matters guys.... )
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #253
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    I offered a link for this claim, here it is again
    The link says nothing at all about being "insulated" nothing at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    In fact it does say "Fox argues that its news hours — 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. on weekdays — are objective."

    Objective does not in any way equal insulated.

    Now as I asked before; can you as an adult tell the difference between commentary on a news story and the actual news story?

    If you can't, we probably have nothing left to debate.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 10-26-09 at 10:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #254
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    I will say that I don't know of any other news station who actively sought out people to attend Tea Bag protests. That's new to me.

    Fox has no credibility, IMO. NONE.

  5. #255
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    The link says nothing at all about being "insulated" nothing at all.



    In fact it does say "Fox argues that its news hours 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. on weekdays are objective."

    Objective does not in any way equal insulated.

    Now as I asked before; can you as an adult tell the difference between commentary on a news story and the actual news story?

    If you can't, we probably have nothing left to debate.
    "insulated" was my word. Call it what you will, Fox claims that its news and opinion are separated. They are not.

  6. #256
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    "insulated" was my word. Call it what you will, Fox claims that its news and opinion are separated. They are not.
    So what. There is no law against it and other channels do the same, but are on the other side of the ideological spectrum.

  7. #257
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    So what. There is no law against it and other channels do the same, but are on the other side of the ideological spectrum.
    Yes, there is a "law" against it. It's called news policy, and for those in the business, the rules about what you can say and how you say it are very strict. Every legitimate news organization prints a policy book which is religiously followed, the penalty for breaking rules is immediate dismissal. You would be surprised how strict those rules are, and why Fox's irresponsible attitude is especially nauseating to professional journalists.

  8. #258
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Yes, there is a "law" against it. It's called news policy, and for those in the business, the rules about what you can say and how you say it are very strict. Every legitimate news organization prints a policy book which is religiously followed, the penalty for breaking rules is immediate dismissal. You would be surprised how strict those rules are, and why Fox's irresponsible attitude is especially nauseating to professional journalists.
    All these channels that peole are always referencing and comparing do it, though - so, by this definition, they're all in violation.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  9. #259
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,817
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    Moderator's Warning:
    White House attacks worry moderate DemocratsLet's keep the rhetoric civil.
    Moderator's Warning:
    White House attacks worry moderate DemocratsLet me re-iterate this clearly. Any further incivility in this thread will result in thread bans and possibly more.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  10. #260
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Yes, there is a "law" against it. It's called news policy, and for those in the business, the rules about what you can say and how you say it are very strict. Every legitimate news organization prints a policy book which is religiously followed, the penalty for breaking rules is immediate dismissal. You would be surprised how strict those rules are, and why Fox's irresponsible attitude is especially nauseating to professional journalists.
    That's a law? It seems Fox News as a channel creates programming that includes the oinions of someone like Hannity on their new program. Don't news programs often have panels or guests who express their opinions? I still don't see the problem.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •