Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 276

Thread: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

  1. #201
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by 10thJustice View Post
    The pool of knowledge where one must sink or swim. You refuse to admit that Republicans have mislead the uneducated masses of the midwest into supporting policies that harm their own communities. Instead you claim that my statement is based on some unspecified historical inaccuracy. I cannot dispute you until I know which historical fact you are challenging. So we are at a stalemate because you don't want to throw your argument into the pool of public discourse out of fear it may get drowned.
    I'm confused. Which pool? Is it the pool of knowledge, over on the left, where one must sink or swim? Or is it the pool of public discourse on the right? Presumably you can just wade in the pool of public discourse...
    Last edited by reefedjib; 10-24-09 at 04:44 PM.

  2. #202
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,535

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by 10thJustice View Post
    The pool of knowledge where one must sink or swim. You refuse to admit that Republicans have mislead the uneducated masses of the midwest into supporting policies that harm their own communities.
    What, like the Democrats have been doing in the black community for decades? I find the point childish, elitist, and profoundly ignorant of, you know, the actual Midwest.


    Instead you claim that my statement is based on some unspecified historical inaccuracy. I cannot dispute you until I know which historical fact you are challenging. So we are at a stalemate because you don't want to throw your argument into the pool of public discourse out of fear it may get drowned.
    The comment had to do with your formulation of "educated" people being liberal, and "uneducated" people being conservative.

    You might want to take a look at the long-term history of academia, for instance.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  3. #203
    User 10thJustice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    08-14-10 @ 05:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    53

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Your average europeon right winger would be a left winger on this side of the pond
    This may be a sign of just how far the American right is away from the rest of the world. If I'm being attacked as a right-winger then the world must view the American right as some sort of caveman.
    "the question is whether the people of the United States are to govern through representatives chosen by their unbiased suffrages or whether the money and power of a great corporation are to be secretly exerted to influence their judgment and control their decisions." Andrew Jackson

  4. #204
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by 10thJustice View Post
    This may be a sign of just how far the American right is away from the rest of the world. If I'm being attacked as a right-winger then the world must view the American right as some sort of caveman.
    It was not an attack, it was a statement of fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #205
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by 10thJustice View Post
    I am aware that Europe may be more progressive than the U.S. at this time because most your countries are older and thus further along in the developmental process. But that advantage is because of age not because of any superior wisdom or world view.
    I didn't say that being progressive is wise or superior in any way. I live in a pretty conservative country and I like that fact that we're different from the rest of Europe. I'm just saying that the Democratic Party would be right of center over here.

    Also, if I'm "right-wing" what do you call McCain and other moderate Republicans??? By lumping me in with them you blur important ideological lines and render the term useless. So, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to spare a few minutes of your precious 6 month European annual vacation to
    deepen your analysis and learn to distinguish between the American left and our evil twins on the right.
    Sucks when people use a broad brush, huh?

    If you agree to rethink your "conservatives are all uneducated retards and only liberals see the light cuz they have college degrees and stuff" theory, I'll stop calling you a right-winger.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  6. #206
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by 10thJustice View Post
    The pool of knowledge where one must sink or swim. You refuse to admit that Republicans have mislead the uneducated masses of the midwest into supporting policies that harm their own communities. Instead you claim that my statement is based on some unspecified historical inaccuracy. I cannot dispute you until I know which historical fact you are challenging. So we are at a stalemate because you don't want to throw your argument into the pool of public discourse out of fear it may get drowned.

    That's nothing compared to the spoof job that Libbos done on the black community in this country. I would hate be known as a Democrat the day that the black folks in the United States wake up and see how they've been used the Democratic party for the past 40 years. It might not be safe for Democrats when that day arrives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #207
    User 10thJustice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    08-14-10 @ 05:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    53

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    What applies in PA doesn't necessarily apply to the rest of the country.

    PA was never really a battleground state, McCain just really wanted it to be one.

    Although, Specter isn't doing well in the polls right now, so it may well be starting to go Republican again....
    My point was that PA was symbolic of what happened throughout the nation
    in states McCain was supposed to win (FL, VA, OH, IN, NC). Even though Democrats registered a record number of new voters, the media told us that the mysterious Independents would rise up and sweep McCain into victory in these states. But the groundswell never materialized and the new Obama voters overwhelmed the Independents that did vote for McCain. The media created the myth in order to keep the election interesting.
    "the question is whether the people of the United States are to govern through representatives chosen by their unbiased suffrages or whether the money and power of a great corporation are to be secretly exerted to influence their judgment and control their decisions." Andrew Jackson

  8. #208
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,535

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Which "media" said that?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #209
    User 10thJustice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    08-14-10 @ 05:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    53

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's nothing compared to the spoof job that Libbos done on the black community in this country. I would hate be known as a Democrat the day that the black folks in the United States wake up and see how they've been used the Democratic party for the past 40 years. It might not be safe for Democrats when that day arrives.
    Democrats definitely need a new urban policy. But to say that we have done anything that would enrage black people is absurd. We pass hate crimes legislation to increase penalties for racially motivated crimes. We fund the historically black colleges that help open the door of opportunity for thousands of minorities. We provide the financing for low income housing, healthcare, school lunches. We have not been perfect but I put our record up against any other major political party in the Western world.
    "the question is whether the people of the United States are to govern through representatives chosen by their unbiased suffrages or whether the money and power of a great corporation are to be secretly exerted to influence their judgment and control their decisions." Andrew Jackson

  10. #210
    User 10thJustice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    08-14-10 @ 05:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    53

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Which "media" said that?
    Hannity, O'Riely, Wolf Blitzer, Chris Matthews, Lou Dobbs. All of them told us that despite Democratic registration numbers a late break of Independents for McCain could be the difference in key states . My anger at the media arises from the fact that their bogus news stories caused us to unnecessarily waste money and time to secure a victory that we had already won.
    "the question is whether the people of the United States are to govern through representatives chosen by their unbiased suffrages or whether the money and power of a great corporation are to be secretly exerted to influence their judgment and control their decisions." Andrew Jackson

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •