Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 276

Thread: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

  1. #191
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by 10thJustice View Post
    Well if you are left of me you must be in what has been called the "looney left". There are extremes in any political ideology but I think we risk falling off the ledge when we go too close to the fringes of our beliefs. But I have to admit that you are the first person on this earth to ever call me a right-winger!!!

    NEWS FLASH from America to Arcana: In this country it is an insult to call another person a "right-winger". The image is of a crusty old, uneducated, redneck, from the south who can hold a racist sign but can't read it; who can scream against the public option then admit that they support Medicare; who are afraid of Iranian nukes but wants to continue sending oil money to the Middle East. So when you hurl such a vicious insult at a person be prepared to back your case up with substantial evidence.
    You want evidence that Americans are more right wing than Euorpeans?

    Gimme a break. You all have no idea what "left" means.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  2. #192
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    You want evidence that Americans are more right wing than Euorpeans?

    Gimme a break. You all have no idea what "left" means.
    Your average europeon right winger would be a left winger on this side of the pond

  3. #193
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Your average europeon right winger would be a left winger on this side of the pond
    Pretty much.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  4. #194
    User 10thJustice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    08-14-10 @ 05:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    53

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    As I said . . . no sense of history . . . whatsoever.
    For some reason you are afraid to jump into the pool. You need to read the book called "What's the Matter with Kansas" by "historian" Thomas Frank What's the Matter with Kansas? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. He documents how conservatives have turned poor communities into Republicans that are adverse to their own economic interest. So you may mock my "sense of history" but there are notable historians who confirm my position.
    "the question is whether the people of the United States are to govern through representatives chosen by their unbiased suffrages or whether the money and power of a great corporation are to be secretly exerted to influence their judgment and control their decisions." Andrew Jackson

  5. #195
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,558

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by 10thJustice View Post
    For some reason you are afraid to jump into the pool.
    "Afraid to jump into" what "pool"?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  6. #196
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by 10thJustice View Post
    Now I have to ask you the Barney Frank question: "on what planet do you spend most of your time". It was well documented during the last election that the educated population are overwhelmingly liberal.

    "[I]The key voting block that put Obama over the top is the block of voters with "postgraduate" education. They voted 58% for Obama and only 40% for McCain." Half Sigma: The power of the most educated voters
    Coming from a leftist site going on strictly an exit pole?

    I asked for real evidence, not hackery.

    Quote Originally Posted by 10thJustice View Post
    George W. Bush graduated from Yale because his father was a prestigious alumnus of the university. But his performance in office, his child-like speech patterns, his dull logic and his numerous failures demonstrated that he was working with a high school education at best. So I don't think you want to parade him around as a symbol of conservative brain-power.
    Again any proof? Dident think so.

    Quote Originally Posted by 10thJustice View Post
    Hannity is an entertainer not a journalist; that why his ratings are so high. Fox is a cable news channel that is willing to sacrifice its journalistic integrity in exchange for ratings. Thus they have high ratings but almost no credibility.
    This is a lie. Hannity does not claim to be a journalist and his show is not advertised as such.

    Quote Originally Posted by 10thJustice View Post
    Look at the Tea-Bag movement. Fox spent considerable resources on this anti-Obama campaign; while no other station paid them any attention. Now, this story has faded quickly and the public option and all the other bills they opposed are enjoying broad public support despite Fox's best efforts to derail the process. Pundits are calling it a political premature ejaculation.
    #1 It is not an Anti-Obama campaign, it is an anti-tax and government health care campaign.

    #2 Broad public supprt??? What planet do you live on?

    "CNN Poll: Half of Americans Disagree With Obama" - CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - CNN Poll: Half the country disagrees with Obama on issues - Blogs from CNN.com

    Since when is 49% broad public support?

    #3 Other networks are rallying around Fox...

    "White House's Fox News Boycott Attempt Prompts Network Revolt

    The White House attempted to block Fox News from a round of interviews with "pay czar" Kenneth Feinberg Thursday, but the Washington bureau chiefs of the five TV networks included in the White House pool refused to interview Feinberg unless Fox News was included.
    " - Media Conglomerates Rally Around Fox News - The Something Awful Forums

    Got any more unsubstantiated partisan hackery to spout?
    Last edited by Black Dog; 10-24-09 at 04:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #197
    User 10thJustice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    08-14-10 @ 05:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    53

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    You want evidence that Americans are more right wing than Euorpeans?

    Gimme a break. You all have no idea what "left" means.
    I am aware that Europe may be more progressive than the U.S. at this time because most your countries are older and thus further along in the developmental process. But that advantage is because of age not because of any superior wisdom or world view.

    Also, if I'm "right-wing" what do you call McCain and other moderate Republicans??? By lumping me in with them you blur important ideological lines and render the term useless. So, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to spare a few minutes of your precious 6 month European annual vacation to
    deepen your analysis and learn to distinguish between the American left and our evil twins on the right.
    "the question is whether the people of the United States are to govern through representatives chosen by their unbiased suffrages or whether the money and power of a great corporation are to be secretly exerted to influence their judgment and control their decisions." Andrew Jackson

  8. #198
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    "Afraid to jump into" what "pool"?
    certainly not the white house press pool

    it's too deep for obama

    he can't even tread water

  9. #199
    User 10thJustice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    08-14-10 @ 05:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    53

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    "Afraid to jump into" what "pool"?
    The pool of knowledge where one must sink or swim. You refuse to admit that Republicans have mislead the uneducated masses of the midwest into supporting policies that harm their own communities. Instead you claim that my statement is based on some unspecified historical inaccuracy. I cannot dispute you until I know which historical fact you are challenging. So we are at a stalemate because you don't want to throw your argument into the pool of public discourse out of fear it may get drowned.
    "the question is whether the people of the United States are to govern through representatives chosen by their unbiased suffrages or whether the money and power of a great corporation are to be secretly exerted to influence their judgment and control their decisions." Andrew Jackson

  10. #200
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל • אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

    Moderator's Warning:
    White House attacks worry moderate DemocratsLet's keep the rhetoric civil.

    אשכנזי היהודי • Белый Россию

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •