Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 71

Thread: Czar to substantially cut pay: Summers

  1. #51
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Czar to substantially cut pay: Summers

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're an exception to the rule. Why did you vote for PBO's wealth redistribution plan? Why do you support someone who pushes, "economic justice"?
    Where the **** is all this wealth redistribution? I'll wait
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  2. #52
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Czar to substantially cut pay: Summers

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Where the **** is all this wealth redistribution? I'll wait
    It's right here:

    “The Supreme Court never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth and sort of more basic issues of political and economic justice in this society. And to that extent as radical as I think people tried to characterize the Warren Court, it wasn’t that radical. It didn’t break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the founding fathers in the Constitution, as least as it’s been interpreted, and Warren Court interpreted in the same way that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties, says what the states can’t do to you, says what the federal government can’t do to you, but it doesn’t say what the federal government or the state government must do on your behalf. And that hasn’t shifted.” --Barack Obama
    And some more:

    http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...c1MWI5ZmEzOWU=

    I just love it when people go into denial when PBO turns out to look like an asshole.
    Last edited by apdst; 10-22-09 at 06:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #53
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Czar to substantially cut pay: Summers

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's right here:
    Great point. Obama's 2001 comments on what the Warren Court's jurisprudence meant = WEALTH REDISTRIBUTION HAPPENING RIGHT NOW OMG.

    Look, I agree with you on the underlying principle that Obama is in favor of wealth redistribution to a greater degree than I'm comfortable with. However, this quote in no way supports that conclusion. At all. It's a (rather intelligent) analysis of what the Warren Court did.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #54
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Czar to substantially cut pay: Summers

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're an exception to the rule. Why did you vote for PBO's wealth redistribution plan? Why do you support someone who pushes, "economic justice"?
    Why don't you prove your claim that liberals hate people making money?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #55
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Czar to substantially cut pay: Summers

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why don't you prove your claim that liberals hate people making money?
    Just wake up and smell the coffee, instead of making imature, uninformed demands on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #56
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Czar to substantially cut pay: Summers

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Great point. Obama's 2001 comments on what the Warren Court's jurisprudence meant = WEALTH REDISTRIBUTION HAPPENING RIGHT NOW OMG.

    Look, I agree with you on the underlying principle that Obama is in favor of wealth redistribution to a greater degree than I'm comfortable with. However, this quote in no way supports that conclusion. At all. It's a (rather intelligent) analysis of what the Warren Court did.
    PBO said point blank, to Joe the Plumber that he was going to spread the wealth around. He never hid the fact that that is what he wants to do and now we're seeing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #57
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Czar to substantially cut pay: Summers

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Just wake up and smell the coffee, instead of making imature, uninformed demands on the internet.
    It was your demand actually, I just repeated it back to you, while proving your claim wrong as you demanded. Now, you can prove that liberals hate people who make money, or are you going to admit you are making it up?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #58
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Czar to substantially cut pay: Summers

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It was your demand actually, I just repeated it back to you, while proving your claim wrong as you demanded. Now, you can prove that liberals hate people who make money, or are you going to admit you are making it up?
    I never made any demands of anyone, along those lines. Maybe you should get off your high horse and re-read what I said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #59
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Czar to substantially cut pay: Summers

    There are very many aspects of wealth distribution within the United States. Various aspects of federal funding for higher education, specifically Pell grants and student loan subsidies, are positive examples of wealth redistribution.

    My question pertains to new instances of wealth redistribution.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  10. #60
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Czar to substantially cut pay: Summers

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Prove me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I never made any demands of anyone, along those lines. Maybe you should get off your high horse and re-read what I said.
    I so love being able to quote more than one post at once.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •