Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Study touts treating heroin addicts with heroin

  1. #1
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Study touts treating heroin addicts with heroin

    daily heroin injections given to hard-to-treat addicts as part of a comprehensive program succeeded in treating those addicts and reducing crime. The use of street heroin was reduced by three quarters and the crimes committed trying to get drugs were cut by two-thirds, the study found.
    Study touts treating heroin addicts with heroin - CNN.com

    This is one of the reasons why I am a staunch proponent of legalization and regulation of all drugs, including having free distribution of the most addicting drugs readily available in an outpatient facility. Take it off the streets, take it from an uncontrolled setting and place it in a controlled setting.

    With free distribution comes an establishment of rapport with those that work at the clinic since the addict will be seeing them at numerous times during the day. With the rapport comes a trust in public figures who want to help, and the ability to educate the addict of their choices, and to work with them over time and guide them towards addiction recovery through treatment options if this is what the addict truly desires.


    Lets let the ones who previously were without hope speak for themselves:

    Sarah described how the program had an almost immediate affect on her life. She said she was able to keep a schedule, stop buying drugs on the street and gain an appreciation of what her life could be like if she wasn't so consumed by getting high.
    An even better testament:

    "Emma," said, "The morality of it was taken out of the question. I wasn't being condemned for it and at last I could start taking responsibility in a rational way."
    With this plan the feelings of helplessness and despair that work to aggravate the addiction are replaced with forces that work towards alleviating the addiction, it gives them a life, it gives them hope. Suddenly there is a clear way out from what previously was nothing but a dead end.

    Hats off to the Brits on this one!
    Last edited by marduc; 10-21-09 at 02:11 AM.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,801

    Re: Study touts treating heroin addicts with heroin

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    Study touts treating heroin addicts with heroin - CNN.com

    This is one of the reasons why I am a staunch proponent of legalization and regulation of all drugs, including having free distribution of the most addicting drugs readily available in an outpatient facility. Take it off the streets, take it from an uncontrolled setting and place it in a controlled setting.

    With free distribution comes an establishment of rapport with those that work at the clinic since the addict will be seeing them at numerous times during the day. With the rapport comes a trust in public figures who want to help, and the ability to educate the addict of their choices, and to work with them over time and guide them towards addiction recovery through treatment options if this is what the addict truly desires.


    Lets let the ones who previously were without hope speak for themselves:



    An even better testament:



    With this plan the feelings of helplessness and despair that work to aggravate the addiction are replaced with forces that work towards alleviating the addiction, it gives them a life, it gives them hope. Suddenly there is a clear way out from what previously was nothing but a dead end.

    Hats off to the Brits on this one!
    Sounds good to me. But some people in the US just think that policing adult's personal lives is necessary for some reason.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-25-09 @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    669

    Re: Study touts treating heroin addicts with heroin

    Quote Originally Posted by Toothpicvic View Post
    Sounds good to me. But some people in the US just think that policing adult's personal lives is necessary for some reason.
    It is a government reflex.

    "I know what is good for you, and I will (usually) tax you into submission or send your to prison if you do not do it.

    Kafka became a beatle to escape government, that I am sure.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Study touts treating heroin addicts with heroin

    Quote Originally Posted by JW Frogen View Post
    It is a government reflex.

    "I know what is good for you, and I will (usually) tax you into submission or send your to prison if you do not do it.

    Kafka became a beatle to escape government, that I am sure.
    I maintain that it was the government which turned him into one!

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-04-10 @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,289

    Re: Study touts treating heroin addicts with heroin

    Quote Originally Posted by JW Frogen View Post

    Kafka became a beatle to escape government, that I am sure.
    Kafka was a scouser, which one was he, Ringo?

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-25-09 @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    669

    Re: Study touts treating heroin addicts with heroin

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I maintain that it was the government which turned him into one!

    Yup. Bureaucratic metamorphosis.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-25-09 @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    669

    Re: Study touts treating heroin addicts with heroin

    Quote Originally Posted by B L Zeebub View Post
    Kafka was a scouser, which one was he, Ringo?
    He was Everton.

  8. #8
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Study touts treating heroin addicts with heroin

    Kafka was not a beatle.

    Kafka was a rolling stone.


    hell there was even a song about it.. sheesh.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-04-10 @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,289

    Re: Study touts treating heroin addicts with heroin

    Quote Originally Posted by JW Frogen View Post
    He was Everton.
    you know how to wound me friggers, well if Kafka was a Toffee Man, im a ****ing Jew

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •