Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 56

Thread: Dubai aims for tallest building

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Dubai building 1/2 mile high tower/ of Babel ??

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    First you seem to say that Spain is bad because it doesn't have "record buildings", then you say that "record buildingss" suck?
    He's saying, been there, done that....
    America experienced the same childish exuberance like seventy years ago....
    Do you really think it couldn't be done in the USA?
    We don't bother anymore....
    Correct me if I'm wrong, American......
    That said....
    What do you call an ostentatious display of new found wealth by a Middle Easterner?......
    Think about it......

  2. #32
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Dubai building 1/2 mile high tower/ of Babel ??

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Jealous, how many record breaking buildings does Spain have?
    And what exactly does that have to do with the subject? The OP was clearly "dissing" the South Korean's for building the world tallest building in Dubai. So either the OP is a racist of some sort or he is jealous of it and is hiding behind lack of knowledge and insults.
    PeteEU

  3. #33
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,592

    Re: Dubai building 1/2 mile high tower/ of Babel ??

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    The OP was clearly "dissing" the South Korean's for building the world tallest building in Dubai. So either the OP is a racist of some sort or he is jealous of it and is hiding behind lack of knowledge and insults.
    I don't think that's "clear" at all:

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

    Dubai wants some Korean company Big Ho Construction Company or something is buuilding what may be the modern day tower of Babel ?

    Kye Ho Kim of Samsung Construction brags that the tower building will be a half mile high, the world's tallest building. Ho said "This building is going to break so many records," and he bragged on that "This is kind of a project like the first exploration of the moon. Nobody can challenge it."

    Now doesn't that sound like the bragging done by the builders of the Titanic ?

    How did that work out for you White Star ? huh

    It this tallest building desire by Dubai a good business decision or is this just them being an attaention whore ?
    Oh, and I also see no indication of "jealousy."

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Someone sounds jealous. ... love the "some Korean company" insult... You do know that it has been involved in the 3 biggest building on the planet right?...
    Last edited by Harshaw; 10-22-09 at 02:21 PM.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #34
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Dubai building 1/2 mile high tower/ of Babel ??

    Quote Originally Posted by Coon County View Post
    He's saying, been there, done that....
    America experienced the same childish exuberance like seventy years ago....
    Do you really think it couldn't be done in the USA?
    We don't bother anymore....
    Correct me if I'm wrong, American......
    That said....
    What do you call an ostentatious display of new found wealth by a Middle Easterner?......
    Think about it......
    Then he should say so, instead of hiding it behind personal attacks on members.

    Has the US "done it" .. sure and so what? They did not "do" it so high and so big as these Koreans in Dubai or Malaysia or Taipei.

    Why does it always have to be an ego trip with some of you American's when suddenly you are not the biggest and best in the world at something? gezz. Why attack this accomplishment like the OP, just because someone has built a big building before?

    How about just for once being amazed like the rest of us that it is possible to build a building so far up?
    PeteEU

  5. #35
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Dubai building 1/2 mile high tower/ of Babel ??

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I don't think that's "clear" at all:
    Oh?

    Dubai wants some Korean company Big Ho Construction Company or something is buuilding what may be the modern day tower of Babel ?
    Is that not "dissing" the whole thing? Pretty clear to me. Its insulting with racial slurs built in.

    And Dubai does not "want".. it is already there, and almost finished.
    PeteEU

  6. #36
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,592

    Re: Dubai building 1/2 mile high tower/ of Babel ??

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Oh?



    Is that not "dissing" the whole thing? Pretty clear to me. Its insulting with racial slurs built in.

    And Dubai does not "want".. it is already there, and almost finished.
    It may be "clear" if your intent is looking for something offensive. It may be "dissing" the project, but I don't see him "dissing" the South Koreans.

    And as for the "jealousy" bit? What's that but more reflexive anti-Americanism from you? If that's not what you meant, why would he be "jealous"?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Dubai building 1/2 mile high tower/ of Babel ??

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Then he should say so, instead of hiding it behind personal attacks on members.

    Has the US "done it" .. sure and so what? They did not "do" it so high and so big as these Koreans in Dubai or Malaysia or Taipei.

    Why does it always have to be an ego trip with some of you American's when suddenly you are not the biggest and best in the world at something? gezz. Why attack this accomplishment like the OP, just because someone has built a big building before?

    How about just for once being amazed like the rest of us that it is possible to build a building so far up?
    Seen one, ya seem 'em all......

  8. #38
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Dubai building 1/2 mile high tower/ of Babel ??

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Then he should say so, instead of hiding it behind personal attacks on members.

    Has the US "done it" .. sure and so what? They did not "do" it so high and so big as these Koreans in Dubai or Malaysia or Taipei.

    Why does it always have to be an ego trip with some of you American's when suddenly you are not the biggest and best in the world at something? gezz. Why attack this accomplishment like the OP, just because someone has built a big building before?

    How about just for once being amazed like the rest of us that it is possible to build a building so far up?
    You're the one with the ego problem, since you introduced into the thread. You're always about beating up the USA, so I asked you what the hell has Spain every done? Hmmm? Well they supported Hitler in the 1930's....what else? I mean you're always lobbing bombs and anti-Americanism from across the pond there.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #39
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Dubai building 1/2 mile high tower/ of Babel ??

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    It may be "clear" if your intent is looking for something offensive. It may be "dissing" the project, but I don't see him "dissing" the South Koreans.
    So calling it "some Korean company Big Ho Construction Company " is not an attempt of an insult? you do know it is not called that right? Its Samsung Construction, as the OP acutaly says further down in his OP, so why call it "Big Ho Construction Company" if not to throw an insult out of jealousy at them?

    And as for the "jealousy" bit? What's that but more reflexive anti-Americanism from you? If that's not what you meant, why would he be "jealous"?
    Then what else can it be? The OP clearly has an axe to grind by downplaying the whole building and throwing slur after slur against Dubai and the South Koreans. And people continue to do so through out the thread.. what exactly is it then if not jealously? Racism?.. I hope not.
    PeteEU

  10. #40
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Dubai building 1/2 mile high tower/ of Babel ??

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You're the one with the ego problem, since you introduced into the thread. You're always about beating up the USA, so I asked you what the hell has Spain every done? Hmmm? Well they supported Hitler in the 1930's....what else? I mean you're always lobbing bombs and anti-Americanism from across the pond there.
    LOL nice attempt to switch blame away from the OP. I have zero problem with the South Koreans, Dubai or anyone building such a building anywhere in the world. I find the new Dallas Cowboy stadium a magnificent stadium that the people there should be proud off. I don't go around saying "been there done that.. We got Wembly, Emeraites Stadium, Allianz Arena or Nou Camp over here".. has zero to do with ego from my side.

    But continue your baseless personal attacks against me American.. but at least get your facts straight.
    PeteEU

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •