Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 119

Thread: Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy [edited]

  1. #71
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    So when a department needs to allocate its resources to enforce these gun law cases, how many men and how many resources should be involved with making sure that people that violate a gun registration law get tracked down? minimal? or should it get a decently high priority since they are after all violating the law.

    They should all get the same priority as they all brike the same law.

    Now, obvuously, you cannot investigate and prosecute all of them at the same time, so, like in anytng else, you do it in chronological order. If you find your backlog to be excessive, you allocate more resources.

    But all of that is beside the point -- I'm not at all sure how the 'it is legal under state law, so we will not prosecute it under federal law' argument holds any water whatseoever.

    And I am -astounded- that someone would accept the idea that it is OK for the President to enforce the law based on what HE thinks should and should not be illegal.

    Its amazing what a (D) next to your name will get you.

  2. #72
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,261

    Re: Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Now, obvuously, you cannot investigate and prosecute all of them at the same time, so, like in anytng else, you do it in priority ;-) order. If you find your backlog to be excessive, you allocate more resources.
    Please provide a source where Obama has claimed his policy is represented by anything besides this respective quote? Where has he claimed he is advocating this policy because he believes cannabis should be legal?

    Don't worry, i will not hold my breath.
    Last edited by Kushinator; 10-20-09 at 02:20 PM.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  3. #73
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Its amazing what a (D) next to your name will get you.
    Well in some cases a D next to ones name will lead to nit picky selective partisan hackery.

  4. #74
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post

    They should all get the same priority as they all brike the same law.

    Now, obvuously, you cannot investigate and prosecute all of them at the same time, so, like in anytng else, you do it in chronological order. If you find your backlog to be excessive, you allocate more resources.

    But all of that is beside the point -- I'm not at all sure how the 'it is legal under state law, so we will not prosecute it under federal law' argument holds any water whatseoever.

    And I am -astounded- that someone would accept the idea that it is OK for the President to enforce the law based on what HE thinks should and should not be illegal.

    Its amazing what a (D) next to your name will get you.
    In chronological order huh?? So someone kills 50 people on Tuesday, but we cannot investigate this yet because we are chasing someone who bought a gun and did not register it on monday?

    Or should it be done on a priority basis (as Goldenboy219 fixed for you)?
    Last edited by marduc; 10-20-09 at 02:26 PM.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  5. #75
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    In chronological order huh?? So someone kills 50 people on Tuesday, but we cannot investigate this yet because we are chasing someone who bought a gun and did not register it on monday?
    You're discussing two different things -- investigation of violations of federal laws dealing with the purchase of firearms, and the investigation of murders.

    Chances are, the murder investigation is a state, not federal, investgation; if it were a federal investigation, the FBI, not the BATF, would be in the lead.


    But all of that is beside the point -- I'm not at all sure how the 'it is legal under state law, so we will not prosecute it under federal law' argument holds any water whatseoever.

    And I am -astounded- that someone would accept the idea that it is OK for the President to enforce the law based on what HE thinks should and should not be illegal.

  6. #76
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Well in some cases a D next to ones name will lead to nit picky selective partisan hackery.
    Can you show that this is the case here?

  7. #77
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Can you show that this is the case here?
    You just have to look in the mirror.

  8. #78
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    You just have to look in the mirror.
    So... your answer is no, you cannot show that this is the case here.

  9. #79
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So... your answer is no, you cannot show that this is the case here.
    Well since you already shown the case I really don't have to.

    Your selective outrage is noted by yourself.
    Last edited by winston53660; 10-20-09 at 02:40 PM.

  10. #80
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    And I am -astounded- that someone would accept the idea that it is OK for the President to enforce the law based on what HE thinks should and should not be illegal.
    That's what the executive branch does. That can range from going on a jihad against a crime, to selective prosecution of a crime, to doing nothing at all. Part of the executive branch's job is to determine which things are the highest priority. They are under no obligation to enforce any law they don't feel like enforcing.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •