Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 119

Thread: Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy [edited]

  1. #61
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy [edited]

    I think ill do a bong hit don'tell feds mmmmkay..LOL

  2. #62
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    This is either a lie, or a gross lack of reading comprehension, on your part.
    Truly??? The DEA will not investigate, arrest, and prosecute an unlicensed industrial farming opperation in the state of California?

    FAIL
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  3. #63
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy [edited]

    Just wondering here Goobieman.. what do you think of Montana's recent gun sale laws, and should the ATF enforce federal gun registration, background check, and dealer licensing rules laws despite it?
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  4. #64
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy [edited]


    In particular, the memo urges prosecutors to pursue marijuana cases which involve violence, the illegal use of firearms, selling pot to minors, money laundering or other crimes.
    http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009...uana.html?_r=2
    Last edited by Kushinator; 10-20-09 at 01:55 PM.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  5. #65
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Truly??? The DEA will not investigate, arrest, and prosecute an unlicensed industrial farming opperation in the state of California?
    FAIL
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to gross lack of reading comprehension.

    Now, I suspect that this failure of reading comprehension on your part is intentional, but that's just a suspicion -- it is entirely- possible that you, indeed, can not read, or that you are so self-absorbed that you arent capable of comprehending what other people are actually saying because you simply want to hear yourself speak.

    Contrary to you claim, my position is -quite- clear:

    Selectively enforcing the law, based on the subjective standard of what should and should not be illegal, as we have here, violates the 'faithful execution' clause of the oath of office.

    That is, when the President does this, as He is now, he isnt doing his job.

    Nothing you have said undermines this position.

  6. #66
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to gross lack of reading comprehension.

    Now, I suspect that this failure of reading comprehension on your part is intentional, but that's just a suspicion -- it is entirely- possible that you, indeed, can not read, or that you are so self-absorbed that you arent capable of comprehending what other people are actually saying because you simply want to hear yourself speak.

    Contrary to you claim, my position is -quite- clear:

    Selectively enforcing the law, based on the subjective standard of what should and should not be illegal, as we have here, violates the 'faithful execution' clause of the oath of office.

    That is, when the President does this, as He is now, he isnt doing his job.

    Nothing you have said undermines this position.
    And nothing you have stated, here, or otherwise serves as a premise for your position.

    Again:
    In particular, the memo urges prosecutors to pursue marijuana cases which involve violence, the illegal use of firearms, selling pot to minors, money laundering or other crimes.
    Now shuffle along Failman. Unless of course you would like to debate the "how" aspect.
    Last edited by Kushinator; 10-20-09 at 02:01 PM.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  7. #67
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    Just wondering here Goobieman.. what do you think of Montana's recent gun sale laws, and should the ATF enforce federal gun registration, background check, and dealer licensing rules laws despite it?
    While those laws are crap, and violate the constitution, if the USDoJ/USDoTreas is not enforcing the laws, then it isnt doing its job.

    States can have whatever laws that want.
    That they have whatever law they want in no way nullifies a federal law.
    That is, something can be legal according to state law, but illegal under federal law; that someting is legal under state law in no way justifies the decision to not enforce the relevant federal law in that state.

    The point of a federal law, after all, is that it applies everywhere, to everyone.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 10-20-09 at 02:06 PM.

  8. #68
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    And nothing you have stated, here, or otherwise serves as a premise for your position.
    Again, more failure to comprehend on your part.

  9. #69
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    While those laws are crap, and violate the constitution, if the USDoJ/USDoTreas is not enforcing the laws, then it isnt doing its job.

    States can have whatever laws that want.
    That they have whatever law they want in no way nullifies a federal law.
    That is, something that be legal according to state law, but illegal under federal law; that someting is legal under state law in no way justifies the decision to not enforce the relevant federal law in that state.
    So when a department needs to allocate its resources to enforce these gun law cases, how many men and how many resources should be involved with making sure that people that violate a gun registration law get tracked down? minimal? or should it get a decently high priority since they are after all violating the law.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  10. #70
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Again, more failure to comprehend on your part.
    If my goal is to remove water from a pool, and after i am done, there are little droplets of water in the deepest end, have i not completed my job?

    While technically, there is still water in the pool, the fact that someone would ever in their life, have the audacity to claim that "you have not drained the pool" due to 1/100000000000000 of the water still being present proves they are not interested in the topic at hand, and are serving an agenda.

    Your agenda in regards to this particular topic is partisan hackery.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •