Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 491

Thread: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

  1. #301
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    "Set-up", not straw-man.
    Oh, "baiting", not strawman. Noted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It's a gay man's opinion on gay relationships. Anyway he's correct about what happened, how people felt and why Pro8 failed, so really your point here is impotent.
    Great, George Tekai disagrees with him.

    No ones relationship should be subjected to the tyranny of the majority.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Oh spare me the drama
    Excellent counterpoint.

    Your argument was the original drama argument. If gays call it marriage then people's heads will explode or some such nonsense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Due to leftist morals and policies. All the more reason to shun the left.
    This notion is ridiculous.

    Henry Hyde, Ronald Reagan, David Vitter, and Newt Gingrich are not leftists.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You don't understand because you weren't paying attention to the quote or the context of my argument.
    It's always a war analogy with some people.

    But yes, winning too many battles is the reason nations lose wars.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #302
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Oh, "baiting", not strawman. Noted.



    Great, George Tekai disagrees with him.

    No ones relationship should be subjected to the tyranny of the majority.



    Excellent counterpoint.

    Your argument was the original drama argument. If gays call it marriage then people's heads will explode or some such nonsense.



    This notion is ridiculous.

    Henry Hyde, Ronald Reagan, David Vitter, and Newt Gingrich are not leftists.



    It's always a war analogy with some people.

    But yes, winning too many battles is the reason nations lose wars.
    As you are a Mod, I ask that you please stop with the hostile posts.

    Please contribute posts of substance or kindly leave the thread.

  3. #303
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    As you are a Mod, I ask that you please stop with the hostile posts.

    Please contribute posts of substance or kindly leave the thread.
    You are the one calling for people to be shunned.

    What was so "hostile"?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  4. #304
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Mary Landrieu has weighed in, calling for the JOPs dismissal.

    Landrieu: Keith Bardwell Should Be Dismissed For Denying Marriage Licenses To Interracial Couples


    Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.) also called for Bardwell's dismissal. "I am deeply disturbed by Justice Bardwell's practices and comments concerning interracial marriages," she said. "Not only does his decision directly contradict Supreme Court rulings, it is an example of the ugly bigotry that divided our country for too long. I call upon the Louisiana Judiciary Committee to use its authority to have Justice Bardwell dismissed from his position. He clearly has no intention of administering the law or upholding justice for interracial couples."

    more ...


    Landrieu: Keith Bardwell Should Be Dismissed For Denying Marriage Licenses To Interracial Couples

  5. #305
    User Just Plain Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central part of China
    Last Seen
    11-05-09 @ 09:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    96

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    To me, in this issue means giving gays the right to marry and hold that title.

    Gays are the last bastion of legal bigotry in this country.

    The USA is all about inclusion. How can a person or couple be included if they are excluded?


  6. #306
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jim View Post
    To me, in this issue means giving gays the right to marry and hold that title.

    Gays are the last bastion of legal bigotry in this country.

    The USA is all about inclusion. How can a person or couple be included if they are excluded?

    IA, Jim, it's really that simple to me. I don't understand the controversy.



    edit: woops, I just noticed the thread is supposed to be about interracial marriage licenses rather than gay marriage. I still agree tho.
    Last edited by jackalope; 10-17-09 at 09:03 PM.

  7. #307
    User Just Plain Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central part of China
    Last Seen
    11-05-09 @ 09:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    96

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    IA, Jim, it's really that simple to me. I don't understand the controversy.



    edit: woops, I just noticed the thread is supposed to be about interracial marriage licenses rather than gay marriage. I still agree tho.
    I could care less if someone is gay, Black, Asian, whatever, as long as they are consenting adults, they should be given the same rights, same title and same responsibilities as everyone else.


  8. #308
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    You are the one calling for people to be shunned.
    I'm not a mod for rule 6 to hold me to a "higher standard". I'm happily a pesent. Since you are held to a "higher standard", I can't return fire without being infracted for failing to regard you in that higher standard. You can talk as much **** as you want, and no one can do anything about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    What was so "hostile"?
    This thread is about interracial marriage and the actions of a Justice. While I invite you to participate in our conversation here, please take any questions regarding hostile behavior to either PM or the Basement, as you deem fit.

    ***
    The post of mine you were originally responding to was addressing the accusation that I only oppose marrying childless gay couples because I'm heterosexual. The tone of your posts strongly imply that you agree with this assumption. If that's an accurate interpretation of your posts, please tell me what portions of my argument lead you to believe this, even if those portions are from other gay-marriage threads.
    Last edited by Jerry; 10-17-09 at 10:10 PM.

  9. #309
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jim View Post
    To me, in this issue means giving gays the right to marry and hold that title.

    Gays are the last bastion of legal bigotry in this country.

    The USA is all about inclusion. How can a person or couple be included if they are excluded?
    This may seem trivial, but don't forget Muslim polygamists.

    The current gay-marriage legal arguments will eventually serve to establish Muslim culture in America, which in turn will contribute to establishing portions of Sharia law.

    This does not mean we need to abandon gay-marriage, nor does it mean that allowing gay-marriage in any way what-so-ever will for absolute certain turn America into a theocracy.

    IMO what we need to do is change the pro-GM argument from a blanket proclamation of vague 'rights' to one which further defines and enhances the institution of marriage and American culture.
    Last edited by Jerry; 10-17-09 at 10:09 PM.

  10. #310
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post

    IMO what we need to do is change the pro-GM argument from a blanket proclamation of vague 'rights' to one which further defines and enhances the institution of marriage and American culture.
    Could you please define what American culture is?

Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •