Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 491

Thread: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

  1. #241
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    Alright, what particular hardships do they face that are not found in other cultures?
    THEY'RE HALF BLACK!!! 111 one Their life is ruined before it's even started.

    Just ask the President.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  2. #242
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Did you have red hair? I would beaten you up if you were one of those evil carrot tops. Damn carrot tops. J/K
    Did you decide to not try to turn this into a discussion about the 2nd amendment, or were you going to get back to that?

  3. #243
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    10-25-09 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    27

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Well then -- you dont have any of the "partucular" hardships I'm discussing, as they are 'particular' to mixed-race children, and as such, your experiences dont illustrate anything.
    They illustrate that hardship isn't something that's restricted to any specific type of people. Clearly, marriage shouldn't be legal because there's a possibility for hardship for the children.

  4. #244
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Well then -- you dont have any of the "partucular" hardships I'm discussing, as they are 'particular' to mixed-race children, and as such, your experiences dont illustrate anything.
    YOU haven't discuss any "particular" hardships at all in the first place. Why don't you actually talk about these "particular" hardships?
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  5. #245
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    YOU haven't discuss any "particular" hardships at all in the first place. Why don't you actually talk about these "particular" hardships?
    I'm sorry -- do you NOT think that mixed race kids often face promlems and issues based on their being of mixed race - issues and problems that full-race kids don't?

    Seems to me like this is common knowledge. Do I also need to show you that water freezes when it gets cold?

  6. #246
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    That depends:

    The welfare of the child is a compelling state interest that superceeds any number of other rights -- under what argument is marriage a right excluded from its control?
    The mere fact that having children isn't a right granted or controlled by the government.

    The theoretical hardships children may or may not face has no stance on deciding who can and cannot marry.

    Do you also believe the government should be able to enforce someone from moving to a specific location, taking a specific job, or spending X amount of time away from their children because of the hardships the child may or may not incur?
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  7. #247
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I don't even support same-race marriage on the basis of equality.

    I simply do not care if you have a 'right'. If you shouldn't do it, you shouldn't do it. If you do it anyway and it becomes a problem, I would support removing your 'right' as you apparently can't use it appropriately anyway.

    Well, good thing you ain't a Supreme Court Justice, Jer.

    They do actually have to make constitutional decisions you know And since the constitution guarantees equal protection under the law, your caring whether or not it's there isn't important.

  8. #248
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Moderator's Warning:
    Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.Keep it civil, or I'll provide additional hardships.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  9. #249
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    News flash:
    You didnt answer the question, and therefore you have not addressed my argument.
    Your question has been addressed several times, by many posters. There are no children in this particular instance. Whether or not this couple will have children is irrelevant because it is centered on a "what if" premise.

    A woman should not have a tumorous ovary removed because it could cause birth defects in her "potential offspring". Therefore she should die
    Last edited by Kushinator; 10-16-09 at 03:27 PM.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  10. #250
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I'm sorry -- do you NOT think that mixed race kids often face promlems and issues based on their being of mixed race - issues and problems that full-race kids don't?
    I've said this already...WHO DOESN'T???
    Everyone in their own respective culture face particular hardships only their culture will face.

    What is your point?

    Seems to me like this is common knowledge. Do I also need to show you that water freezes when it gets cold?
    Yea it is common sense, ALL people from ALL cultures face particular hardships. I guess no one can get married then huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •