Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 491

Thread: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

  1. #221
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Shw this to be true.
    Do you deny that mulatto chidlren face particular harships when growing up in certain societies?
    Nope. On the contrary, do you deny that poor children face particular hardships, as opposed to wealthy children?

    But like i said, it does not matter one bit. Marriage is not a pre-req for baring children....
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  2. #222
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    No. YOU did. YOU agreed that mulatto children DO face particular harships because of their status.
    Many people face particular hardships because of their status. What is your point?

  3. #223
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    And I fail to see how can that be a reason to disqualify people from a marriage licensee.
    The welfare of the child as a compelling state interest.

    No, it makes your point moot.
    This can only be said if you do not understand my point.
    I am talking about the PARTICULAR hadships of the mulatto, not the COMMON harships faces by everyone. Discussing the COMMON harships means nothing.

  4. #224
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    The welfare of the child as a compelling state interest.


    This can only be said if you do not understand my point.
    I am talking about the PARTICULAR hadships of the mulatto, not the COMMON harships faces by everyone. Discussing the COMMON harships means nothing.
    It's clear that you are being deliberately obtuse here in a foolish attempt to prove some underlying point that isn't directly related to this particular case. I've found you do this a lot. Why don't you just get it over with and get to what your real point in all of this is?

  5. #225
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Would you care to actually respond to my post or are you going to continue making comments that have nothing to do with my posts?
    On the contrary -- YOUR posts do not nothing to negate my argument, they only show other possible apllications. Given that we're not talking about those applications, all you're doing is throwing red herrings.

    My argument is clear and plain, and so if you'd like to pick up the baton, please do so.

    The welfare of the child is a compelling state interest that superceeds any number of other rights -- under what argument is marriage a right excluded from its control?

  6. #226
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    The welfare of the child as a compelling state interest.
    I guess poor folks can't get married cause the welfare of the child would be jeopardized wouldn't it?

    I guess Mexicans can't get married here either because the welfare of the child would be jeopardized as well. And the Chinese, the Jewish, the Blacks, etc etc.

    This can only be said if you do not understand my point.
    I am talking about the PARTICULAR hadships of the mulatto, not the COMMON harships faces by everyone. Discussing the COMMON harships means nothing.
    Alright, what particular hardships do they face that are not found in other cultures?
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  7. #227
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Nope. On the contrary, do you deny that poor children face particular hardships, as opposed to wealthy children?
    Obviously all poor adults should be denied the ability to be married and have children to save the children from facing such hardships.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  8. #228
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    I find it wildly ironic that someone who believes the "state" has no business in their health care decisions, yet is some what defending the notion that the "state" has the authority to approve marriage based on potential hardships of potential offspring.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  9. #229
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    I find it wildly ironic that someone who believes the "state" has no business in their health care decisions, yet is some what defending the notion that the "state" has the authority to approve marriage based on potential hardships of potential offspring.
    That's exactly what I was referring to. He's being deliberately obtuse in order to prove some underlying point because he thinks he's somehow punking liberals or whoever else.

  10. #230
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    Alright, what particular hardships do they face that are not found in other cultures?
    Why dont YOU tell ME.

    You, yourtself said that you faces harships particular to your status as a mulatto, so you would know better than I.

Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •