Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 491

Thread: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

  1. #211
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    I'm a little bit surprised goobieman isn't arguing against a marriage licsense all together in the first place considering his stance on the second.

  2. #212
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    I'm Chinese American, and yes I've had particular hardships in my upbringing, which was particular to my ethnicity.
    Thank you for substantiating the argument at hand.

    EDIT: and I forgot, I call Bull**** on you claiming you never had any particular hardship. You had a perfect life, have you?
    I'm not a mulatto, and so I've not had any hardship particular to that particular status.

  3. #213
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Yeah, so let's not allow mixed races to breed because it may upset the bigots. While we are at it, let's cater to their every whim and not allow people of mixed races to even get in relationships in the first place.
    You may pick up the fallen baton of "welfare of the children as a compelling state interest' argument if you like.

  4. #214
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Thank you for substantiating the argument at hand.
    So based on your continued support of this absurd stance, it stands to reason that what you are basically saying here is that he would have been better off if he wouldn't have been born in the first place? Guess what? Life sucks. It's full of hardships. We all deal with different ones for different reasons. This whole "welfare of the child" bull**** argument in this particular case is ridiculous.

  5. #215
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Thank you for substantiating the argument at hand.
    So what's the big deal? You havn't substantiated anything.

    I'm not a mulatto, and so I've not had any hardship particular to that particular status.
    That wasn't my point. ANYBODY who is in ANY particular cultural/ethnic group (including the majority Caucasians) will suffer their own particular hardships within their respective culture/elasticities.

    What's the big fracking deal??
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  6. #216
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I'm a little bit surprised goobieman isn't arguing against a marriage licsense all together in the first place considering his stance on the second.
    Oh, the Irony:

    Originally posted by winston53660
    Loving vs Virginia already addressed your concern. So when are you going to turn this into a gun rights thread?
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058310681

  7. #217
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    So based on your continued support of this absurd stance, it stands to reason that what you are basically saying here is that he would have been better off if he wouldn't have been born in the first place? Guess what? Life sucks. It's full of hardships. We all deal with different ones for different reasons. This whole "welfare of the child" bull**** argument in this particular case is ridiculous.
    You may pick up the fallen baton of "welfare of the children as a compelling state interest' argument if you like.

  8. #218
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    So what's the big deal? You havn't substantiated anything.
    No. YOU did. YOU agreed that mulatto children DO face particular harships because of their status.

    That wasn't my point. ANYBODY who is in ANY particular cultural/ethnic group (including the majority Caucasians) will suffer their own particular hardships within their respective culture/elasticities.
    Which is irrelevant to MY point.

  9. #219
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    No. YOU did. YOU agreed that mulatto children DO face particular harships because of their status.
    And I fail to see how can that be a reason to disqualify people from a marriage licensee.

    Which is irrelevant to MY point.
    No, it makes your point moot.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  10. #220
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You may pick up the fallen baton of "welfare of the children as a compelling state interest' argument if you like.
    Would you care to actually respond to my post or are you going to continue making comments that have nothing to do with my posts?

Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •