Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 300

Thread: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    10characters

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I believe that they are saying that he has a right to bid to own a team. As it stands a lot of people want to deny him that bid because they think he's racist.

    For all those stating unequivocally that Rush is racist prove it. Otherwise you're just talking out your ass and can be dismissed as the crap that comes out of said orifice is dismissed....down the toilet. And I really don't care if it is just your opinion. Something had to form that opinion. What was it? Lately I have been thinking that people use "it's just my opinion" as an excuse to not provide any facts to back up their assertions...usually because there are no facts that will back them up.

    This forum is about debating. You cannot debate an opinion. Therefore any opinion is irrelevant.
    You obviously didn't read the ESPN article; they said they would reject his bid because the league doesn't want to deal with all the baggage he brings with him; read the article for you post next time.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    If a controversial black guy tried to buy a team and he was "blacklisted" like Rush is, the libs would be screaming racism, Title VII etc
    Why did you quote my post if you weren't going to say anything relevant to it?

  4. #54
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Sources: Rush Limbaugh to be out of bid for St Louis Rams - ESPN

    Couldn't have happened to a bigger racist asshole.

    He's one of those people, like Paris Hilton, who has fallen ass-backwards into financial success--both in their own way, capitalizing on the dumbing-down of this country.

    And, like Beck and Hilton, I don't understand how do his so-called 'fans' show their faces??
    WTF?

    Limbaugh basically brought a genre of entertainment into the mainstream, is a multiple time best selling aurthor, is credited by many in radio as essentially saving AM radio, and worked his way up from a little local rock DJ to the biggest nationally syndicated radio DJ of our time.

    Paris Hilton ****ed a guy on camera and had a famous daddy.

    Jesus Christ, even if you despise the man there's no logical, intelligent, adult way to even make such an absolutely bull**** hyper partisan claim as you just did.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    What was said about Rush were not smears. It was the truth.
    Except, it wasn't.

    A large amount of it was either opinion that has simply been deemed racist because people hate the man (Like the McNabb comments), single lines given completely without context (Such as the bloods/crips) thing, comments from over THIRTY YEARS ago (such as the bone in the nose), or things that he's categoracily denied and that no one has provied any proof that he actually said (such as the slavery thing).

    That's not "the truth". That's everything ranging from lies to half-truths.

    This would be like saying that Obama is a communist, taking a few single out of context quotes of him wanting government ownership of some things, that is a coke head that has gay homo sex by referencing his book and the idiot who made the claims they had gay homo sex and did coke together.

    Sure, those comments by him would be 100% true, but are taken out of context to make him into something he's not. Sure, his book really did admit he did coke, but without context it makes it seem like its a bigger deal and just makes the outrageously false claim about gay homo sex/coke seem more true even though its absolutely false.

    Yet if someone did that you'd jump on them in a heart beat if they tried to say it was all "the truth".
    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    So, if we said the KKK is racist, would you say prove it?
    You've got to be ****ing kidding me. You're comparing him to a group of people who have blatantly and historically called for the extermination and removal of another race and the superiority of their own in all ways, while actually KILLING PEOPLE to ****ing Rush Limbaugh.

    I'm sorry, every single pathetic post you've made in this thraed is nothing but a laughing stock joke. The fact people in here are taking your seriously, let alone thanking you, has severely lowered my respect for these people to be agreeing with such mindless, idiotic, patheticly hyper partisan just plain bull**** as this. I mean, this isn't even a logical, intellectually honest, adult conversation....its just you acting like a bafoon on this subject saying outrageously ludicrous things. If anything you're no different than Rush Limbaugh here, only there's zero indication you're doing this for entertainment or some other sort of ulterior purpose b ut actually believe the crap you're spewing.

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    Why do people keep saying "he has the right" to be an NFL owner? No one has the right, it's a privilege, the owners decide who can be an owner you don't have the right to buy a team.
    I don't think he has a "right" to be an NFL owner.

    I keep bringing that fact up though not because I think it, but dumbasses like Jackson and Sharpton (which if you're going to rant about Limbaugh being racist but give these guys a pass frankly your opinion is worth its weight in excriment) came out talking about how Mike Vick has a "Right" to play in the NFL.

    If you think Mike Vick has a "RIGHT" to play in the NFL after breaking federal law repeatedly and systematically for years through the use of funds he got due to him being a face of the NFL and proceeded to lie to the commissioner about it, then by god Rush Limbaugh has a "RIGHT" to own a team after saying controversial comments.

    As far as "blaming hte liberals". Yeah, in this case, you can actually call that. It was liberal sports writers that started writing story after story with contextless quotes, some of which now appear to be completely false, stirring up the pot against Limbaugh. What came first? Idiots like Kevin Blackenstone's news piece or players/owners speaking up against Limbaugh? I'll give you a guess, the former, and many of those speaking up later started quoting those exact same lines that were stated in those articles.

    Now, I don't actually blame the players or the owners that got upset and caused a lot of this strife. Unlike some idiots, I didn't feel like Mike Vick had a "right" to play again in the NFL and I don't think Limbaugh had a "right" to own the team. These people were free to voice their displeasure with the thought.

    What I DO blame is the idiot sports writers and reporters who didn't bother to do their damn job and actually REPORT or actually research things to give actual facts and context. They stirred up the pot that ultimately led to the artificial increased outrage against Limbaugh that caused him to get dropped; through the use of out of context comments, decades old comments, and seemingly completely untrue comments. Its shotty, pathetic journalism that if it was done to a democrat politician from someone on Fox News every single one of you liberals in this thread would be screaming to high heaven about but you don't give a **** about it now, because its taking out a guy you hate.

    So no, its not all the "Big bad liberals". No, those that got upset about this and actually had an affect, the players and owners, are free to voice their displeasure with him and pressure the guys in his buyers group to drop him. But those REPORTERS who used their position to distort and lie to cause a huge backlash against a guy through the use of false or misleading information are definitely to blame, but will of course get a pass because hey, its Limbaugh, we hate that racist bigoted fat ass pill popping jackass.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,077

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Translation of this thread: Liberals are so tired of being beaten into an intellectual bloody pulp by this guy, that they play the old standard....the race card.

    By the way, libs, he's winning again. He's the thorn in Obama's side that will eventually take away his majority in Congress, and the presidency in the next two elections.

    You hate him because you can't beat him.

  6. #56
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,078

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Sources: Rush Limbaugh to be out of bid for St Louis Rams - ESPN





    Couldn't have happened to a bigger racist asshole.

    He's one of those people, like Paris Hilton, who has fallen ass-backwards into financial success--both in their own way, capitalizing on the dumbing-down of this country.

    And, like Beck and Hilton, I don't understand how do his so-called 'fans' show their faces??
    You people have no proof Limbaugh is a racist and you are just uttering the same load of crap that other Limbaugh bashers spew simply because they do not like conservatives and republicans. You people are pathetic.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #57
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Rush got the degree of respect from the owners of the NFL that he deserved.

    The NFL survives of the money from everyday Americans..MOST everyday americans resent the fact that this pig racist makes his money everyday off dividing people with pathetic racist comments. While laughing in our faces.

    His credentials speak for it's self. PATHETIC.
    And what are you doing? Dividing and laughing in people's faces. So why should slander and libel be accepted from hypocrites such as yourself? This isn't the NFL rejecting Limbaugh just because he's Limbaugh. A bunch of people started running their mouths about **** they had no idea about. They lied, saying he's racist (prove it, you can't, you're nothing more than a liar ruining people's business and possible financial gains), they're raising a stink because THEY DON'T LIKE LIMBAUGH'S POLITICAL POSITION. That's it, that's what it comes down to. Sad and pathetic; but some people are I guess.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #58
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    No actually Rush is getting ready to sue a number of 'journalists' and bloggers for slander because it's not truth.

    Rush is as far away from being a racist as a human can possibly be.

    Anyway, I could care less about the NFL one way of the other. I just love watching Liberals squirm whenever Rush enters the subject. In fact i think that's what I love about Rush, how he can make irrational people over react. Awesome.
    I think he should sue some of the real racists like Jackson and Sharpton out there who slandered and libeled him [Rush] to such a degree that it actually had financial and business consequences. It's one thing if what these people were saying were true (some, like Redress, I fear don't understand this point), but it's not. They are now liable for the financial loss.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #59
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    It's amazing what people think is perfectly acceptable to say when it's against people they don't like, things they'd never tolerate against anyone else.

    Of course, the "fatass" comment, besides denoting a particular lack of creativity on the part of the person saying it, also tends to show people's ignorance of the subject they're discussing -- to wit, Limbaugh hasn't been fat for quite a few years. But that just goes to show how much his critics actually know about him, and how much they simply go by their preferred perceptions without actually confirming whether or not it's actually true.

    not so much.....he recently took off weight, but he's still a chubby. and since you're taking up for limbaugh, would you agree that when he derides people for their looks that HE'S ignorant and vapid?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    10-19-09 @ 09:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I think he should sue some of the real racists like Jackson and Sharpton out there who slandered and libeled him [Rush] to such a degree that it actually had financial and business consequences. It's one thing if what these people were saying were true (some, like Redress, I fear don't understand this point), but it's not. They are now liable for the financial loss.
    Boo hoo hoo. Poor Rush the victim. Why is everybody picking on Rush? In this very thread you have accused "whiney" liberals of playing the victim card, and yet you make poor baby Rush to be the biggest victim of all.

    Rush Limbaugh is a polemical pundit who has made many racial controversial remarks that millions of people have found hurtful and offensive. However, injecting vile diatribe into the public dialogue is his job and he has been enormously successful at it. Moreover, he has cleverly both fostered and capitalized off of the increasing polarization in American politics. People either love him or hate him. Many people love him because others hate him and vice-versa.

    Thankfully, the NFL, although it has its faults, largely remains a non-partisan forum in which Americans from all races and all partisan inclinations can put their differences aside and enjoy a common activity. The last thing the NFL needs and frankly American society needs is polluting football with partisan controversy by giving Rush a role in the league. The NFL already gave Rush a chance. He quickly tried to bring polarizing politics into the game. When I watch football I want to bond with fellow fans, disparage rival teams and appreciate the sport. I don't want to argue politics.

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •