Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 300

Thread: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    And yet pieces of **** like Mark Cuban get to own NBA teams. Only in America.

  2. #42
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    Why do people keep saying "he has the right" to be an NFL owner? No one has the right, it's a privilege, the owners decide who can be an owner you don't have the right to buy a team.
    I believe that they are saying that he has a right to bid to own a team. As it stands a lot of people want to deny him that bid because they think he's racist.

    For all those stating unequivocally that Rush is racist prove it. Otherwise you're just talking out your ass and can be dismissed as the crap that comes out of said orifice is dismissed....down the toilet. And I really don't care if it is just your opinion. Something had to form that opinion. What was it? Lately I have been thinking that people use "it's just my opinion" as an excuse to not provide any facts to back up their assertions...usually because there are no facts that will back them up.

    This forum is about debating. You cannot debate an opinion. Therefore any opinion is irrelevant.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #43
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I believe that they are saying that he has a right to bid to own a team. As it stands a lot of people want to deny him that bid because they think he's racist.

    For all those stating unequivocally that Rush is racist prove it. Otherwise you're just talking out your ass and can be dismissed as the crap that comes out of said orifice is dismissed....down the toilet. And I really don't care if it is just your opinion. Something had to form that opinion. What was it? Lately I have been thinking that people use "it's just my opinion" as an excuse to not provide any facts to back up their assertions...usually because there are no facts that will back them up.

    This forum is about debating. You cannot debate an opinion. Therefore any opinion is irrelevant.
    No one is saying he cannot bid. He has every right to bid, just as others have every right to state they will not support a team he owns. Stop with the stupid victim crap.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No one is saying he cannot bid. He has every right to bid, just as others have every right to state they will not support a team he owns. Stop with the stupid victim crap.
    So then you support McCarthyism and political blacklists? God leftists are such hypocrites.

  5. #45
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No one is saying he cannot bid. He has every right to bid, just as others have every right to state they will not support a team he owns. Stop with the stupid victim crap.
    You responded to one paragraph from my post. How about you respond to the meat of my post?

    As for this post of yours my response was answering a question. I answered by what I had gathered from this thread. That is how all of those against Rush have sounded like. If that is not what has been meant then perhaps everyone that is against Rush in this should speak more clearly.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #46
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    So then you support McCarthyism and political blacklists? God leftists are such hypocrites.
    Do you go out of your way to sound so stupid, or does it come naturally? No one is using the government to do anything in this, so no McCarthyism, and there is no political blacklisting since we are talking about owning a sports team, not politics. We are simply talking about people, and players, and owners exercising their rights to do as they please. Rush made his money being politically controversial, he has no room to complain when there is an impact from that.

    And it is hardly hypocrisy, since I fully support any one on the right using threats of boycotts if they choose, it is a fair and legal tool. I further support any ones right to choose not to support anything they don't agree with.

    Now, do you have anything other than mindless inaccurate name calling?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Do you go out of your way to sound so stupid, or does it come naturally? No one is using the government to do anything in this, so no McCarthyism, and there is no political blacklisting since we are talking about owning a sports team, not politics.
    You are either an ignorant fool or you are a god damn liar:

    In the latest development, a Capitol Hill lawmaker chimed in. This week, Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, urged the NFL not to let the conservative Limbaugh buy the Rams, according to a report by The Hill.

    http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/l...14/272227.html
    She did this on the ****ing House floor so don't you ****ing tell me that this isn't the government doing anything.

    We are simply talking about people, and players, and owners exercising their rights to do as they please. Rush made his money being politically controversial, he has no room to complain when there is an impact from that.

    And it is hardly hypocrisy, since I fully support any one on the right using threats of boycotts if they choose, it is a fair and legal tool. I further support any ones right to choose not to support anything they don't agree with.

    Now, do you have anything other than mindless inaccurate name calling?
    This is a clear cut case of political blacklisting perpetrated by the black Nazi's Sharpton and Jackson and the leftist fascist controlled Congress. The only reason why this is an issue is because leftist fascists disagree with Limbaughs political opinions. McCarthyism at its finest. Seig Heil sir. Welcome to Obama's America have fun in your cult of personality.
    Last edited by Agent Ferris; 10-15-09 at 07:14 AM.

  8. #48
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Here's the change Obama talked about.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Do you go out of your way to sound so stupid, or does it come naturally? No one is using the government to do anything in this, so no McCarthyism, and there is no political blacklisting since we are talking about owning a sports team, not politics. We are simply talking about people, and players, and owners exercising their rights to do as they please. Rush made his money being politically controversial, he has no room to complain when there is an impact from that.

    And it is hardly hypocrisy, since I fully support any one on the right using threats of boycotts if they choose, it is a fair and legal tool. I further support any ones right to choose not to support anything they don't agree with.

    Now, do you have anything other than mindless inaccurate name calling?
    Let me get this right....

    You call him stupid, then warn him not to indulge in name calling.

    You say we are not talking about politics, then make a point of saying Rush made his money by being politically controversial.

    And what were you saying about hypocrisy??

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  10. #50
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    I thought Redress was going to be a fairminded liberal when he first showed up around here. But he has shown that he is not above disengenuous partisan hackery, when he's wrong about something. I had respect for you at first.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •