Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 300

Thread: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

  1. #161
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I am gonna unsubscribe from this thread before my respect for liberals diminishes completely. But before I do, would anyone PLEASE point me to these so-called racist remarks in context.

    Or has it just broken down into "Rush is a bad, bad man and deserves to be lied about and slandered"?
    Please feel free to show where I said anything beyond "I believe he is", and that was in another thread, and no one knows for sure if any one is racist or not since we cannot read minds. Stop trying to create stuff where it ain't.

    The reason why I don't feel bad for Rush, and I have stated this, is he is politically divisive and makes a living saying outrageous things, which there is nothing wrong with. However, there will be repercussions from being outrageous and divisive, and crying about it won't do any good. There is nothing wrong with me saying "Rush is an asshole and I will laugh at any bad thing that happens to him", and compared to some things said against lefties(oh, the selective outrage of you again), it's pretty mild.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #162
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,968

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    As I understand it, Jackalope is pretty close to right on this(note, I am not a lawyer either, so take it for what it is worth). There are two reasons why public figures don't do alot of slander lawsuits, one being they create more problems than they solve, and because it is painfully hard to win since you have to prove intent.
    Not disagreeing that its harder on public figures. Partially due to it being harder to prove damage, partially because its hard to prove they did it knowingly.

    My issue is with the notion that Limbaugh must "prove" that he DIDN'T say something, which nothing I've seen backs it up. This would be like accusing someone of murder and them the person that is accused must "prove" they didn't really murder the person and if they can't prove it they must have murdered him. The legal system doesn't work that way.

  3. #163
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Not disagreeing that its harder on public figures. Partially due to it being harder to prove damage, partially because its hard to prove they did it knowingly.

    My issue is with the notion that Limbaugh must "prove" that he DIDN'T say something, which nothing I've seen backs it up. This would be like accusing someone of murder and them the person that is accused must "prove" they didn't really murder the person and if they can't prove it they must have murdered him. The legal system doesn't work that way.
    To prove that he is being misquoted, he pretty much has to prove what he did say.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Please feel free to show where I said anything beyond "I believe he is", and that was in another thread, and no one knows for sure if any one is racist or not since we cannot read minds. Stop trying to create stuff where it ain't.

    The reason why I don't feel bad for Rush, and I have stated this, is he is politically divisive and makes a living saying outrageous things, which there is nothing wrong with. However, there will be repercussions from being outrageous and divisive, and crying about it won't do any good. There is nothing wrong with me saying "Rush is an asshole and I will laugh at any bad thing that happens to him", and compared to some things said against lefties(oh, the selective outrage of you again), it's pretty mild.
    So it really does boil down to "all my ethics and morals about lying go out the window because I just don't like Rush".

    Noted.

    And I am getting a bit fed up with your lying crap about how selective my outrage is. If it were anyone else, I would be stating the same thing. Piss off.

  5. #165
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,968

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    To prove that he is being misquoted, he pretty much has to prove what he did say.
    So you're saying that Limbaugh has to somehow account for every single positive thing he's ever said anywhere at all to somehow prove that he's telling the truth when he says "I never said that quote"?

    That doesn't make any sense at all.

    This isn't a case of someone saying "On July 14th 1991 you said the following...." and Limbaugh going "That's not true" where you can go check it.

    This is a case of someone saying "Limbaugh said this...." and Limbaugh going "No, I did not....".

    And you're saying that somehow the first person is automatically considered to be telling the truth unless Limbaugh can somehow "prove" that he never said something at any point during his entire life?

    This would be like a major news writer saying:

    "This quote from Barack Obama obviously shows that he's from Kenya

    'I was born and raised in Kenya, not in Hawaii'

    Obviously, we now have proof that Obama is from Kenya, from his own quote"

    and that somehow, some way, that should be considered TRUTH unless Obama can somehow prove he never said those words?

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    I guess the bottom line is this folks all of the Main Stream Media keep saying he said this but when anyone ask them to show the actual quote and source they can't. I say let Rush sue there arse off and then maybe we can get this type of BS finally stopped.
    Last edited by Scorpion89; 10-16-09 at 02:46 PM.

  7. #167
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Did I say I have an issue with Sharpton and Jackson saying what they're saying? No. I said their hypocrites, but not that they can't say it.

    I'm confused, what business oppertunity did Rush potentially cause Sharpton or Jackson to lose out of due to Rush stating false quotes made by them or stating things they said without context?



    Doubtful. No real point. He doesn't need the money coming from suing them. He's not going to get a chance to get back into the team ownership, which is what he'd want. It'd be time consuming and stress inducing, and in the end likely barely actually covered by the media so there'd likely be little mainstream vindication. There's no real reason to actually go forward with it.
    i still haven't seen or heard exactly what sharpton or jackson said. never the less, rush's partner dropped him.

    i have every doubt that roger g. would have wanted rush as an owner anyway. the nfl doesn't need his controversy OR his money.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    And you're saying that somehow the first person is automatically considered to be telling the truth unless Limbaugh can somehow "prove" that he never said something at any point during his entire life?
    Of course. Because to the degenerate liberal mindset being displayed here in this very thread, it has already been confessed that it doesn't matter if it's true or not. Just stick it to Limbaugh any way you can because he's a "big mean bad bad man and we don't like him". Which is just translation for "he's a republican". Go figure.

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i still haven't seen or heard exactly what sharpton or jackson said. never the less, rush's partner dropped him.

    i have every doubt that roger g. would have wanted rush as an owner anyway. the nfl doesn't need his controversy OR his money.
    Really I guess you don't know much about the NFL first off they would love to have his money and so would the city of St.Lo, second as far as the Image thing please don't even go their.

    I suggest all of you including Roger take a look in his own backyard first.

    Enjoy reading this website.

    NFL Crimes NewsBlog

  10. #170
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    So it really does boil down to "all my ethics and morals about lying go out the window because I just don't like Rush".

    Noted.

    And I am getting a bit fed up with your lying crap about how selective my outrage is. If it were anyone else, I would be stating the same thing. Piss off.
    No, that is not it at all. You so want to be outraged you are down to making crap up again. It's right back to you saying Letterman made a rape joke when the whole world knew he didn't, but you had to have the exaggeration so you could be outraged. You do have a real problem with selective outrage.

    Part of what Limbaugh does to make a living is piss people off. He can't then turn around and complain that people act pissed off.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •