Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 300

Thread: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

  1. #111
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I will be the first to confess...I don't like Rush Limbaugh one bit. I think he's an arrogant blowhard and an all around sour and horrible human being. In the political arena, I see him no differently than I see that fat bully every school has; the one who can't really fight at all...he's just learned that gravity is a heavy boy's friend.

    He caters to the lowest common denominator in our society. He is rarely original, innovative, or funny. It's just that when someone talks that much, law of averages dictates he is going to say something right sometimes.

    However, being a horrible person does not negate your right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Being a horrible person does not mean it's open season to dishonestly impugn your character and meddle in your finances.

    I hope he does go to court and I hope he does win some kind of remuneration for the predations visited upon him.
    Tell us how you really feel, Jall.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And the house is doing what? Why nothing. She is free to speak her mind, but congress is to the best of my knowledge doing nothing. SIO I was right, you where wrong. Surprise, surprise.
    She is a member of the government, she got up on the House floor and singled out a member of this society for his political beliefs. This is not Nazi Germany this is still America.



    No it is not. A bunch of people, including players and other owners, spoke out about having a controversial figure owning a team. There is nothing wrong with that. It's not "Nazi" or "fascist", it's America at work.
    No it's the 4th Reich at work, here in America we don't infringe upon an individuals equal protection rights due to their political ideology. Is it your honest opinion that I have the right to deny an individual employment because I disagree with them politically?

    We have every right to express our displeasure with people, and when it enters the business realm, businesses have every right to avoid people that might hurt business.
    So then you support MaCarthyism and political blacklisting, at least you admit it.

    You need to get past the stupid, over the top rhetoric. It does you no good, and gets in the way of you actually applying logic and common sense to a situation.

    This is a bunch of fascist Nazi's in the Government, Nazi's who have previously been in the government, and Nazi community organizers singling out an individual for his political beliefs. This is political blacklisting, in fact it's the text book definition of the political blacklisting. I'm glad that you agree with the fascist tactics of the new left, it says quite a bit about yourself.

  3. #113
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:43 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    She is a member of the government, she got up on the House floor and singled out a member of this society for his political beliefs. This is not Nazi Germany this is still America.




    No it's the 4th Reich at work, here in America we don't infringe upon an individuals equal protection rights due to their political ideology. Is it your honest opinion that I have the right to deny an individual employment because I disagree with them politically?



    So then you support MaCarthyism and political blacklisting, at least you admit it.




    This is a bunch of fascist Nazi's in the Government, Nazi's who have previously been in the government, and Nazi community organizers singling out an individual for his political beliefs. This is political blacklisting, in fact it's the text book definition of the political blacklisting. I'm glad that you agree with the fascist tactics of the new left, it says quite a bit about yourself.
    You need a few more nazi and fascist references. You are only 95 % hysterical now, you need to make it to full hysterical.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #114
    Student SpotsCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brandon, Mississippi
    Last Seen
    09-08-10 @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    275

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    (Pilfered from CBSSports.com)

    By Gregg Doyel - CBSSports.com National Columnist --

    Once upon a time Leonard Little drank until he was sloppy drunk, got into his Lincoln Navigator and killed a woman in a crash. He was sentenced to three months in jail for involuntary manslaughter, then served most of his four years of probation as a St. Louis Ram. Today he has a contract worth $19.5 million.

    So here's my question:

    Leonard Little can make a fortune as a defensive end for the Rams... but Rush Limbaugh can't sign his paycheck?

    Don't get caught up in the minutiae of the Leonard Little analogy, either. My point isn't that Little should be eradicated from the NFL. Had he committed his crime under the watch of commissioner Roger Goodell, Little would've faced a different penalty than the eight-game suspension he received in 1999. He might have been suspended a whole year, like Browns receiver Donte' Stallworth, who is sitting out the season following his guilty plea in June for DUI manslaughter.

    Stallworth will return next season. The Browns aren't sure they'll take him, but someone will. So here's my question:

    Donte' Stallworth will be allowed into the NFL in 2010 ... but Rush Limbaugh won't?

    That doesn't make sense to me, and I'm not a Limbaugh guy. No need to belabor that point, but I'm not. I don't listen to his radio show, I don't agree with his political views, and I don't understand why million of people would do either of those two things. But they do, and to each his own. It's a free country.

    Or it was, until Rush Limbaugh joined the ownership group looking to buy the St. Louis Rams. Now, this country isn't free any more. It's free only if we like your viewpoints, or if we consider them to be something better than "divisive," which is the politically correct catchphrase being used to describe Limbaugh. He's "divisive," and on Wednesday he was bounced from the prospective Rams ownership group. Why? Because the blowing wind says the NFL shouldn't allow someone so "divisive" into its midst.

    Never mind that Michael Vick turned Lassie into lunch, feeding family pets to ravenous pit bulls to stoke his fighting dogs' bloodlust, and after being convicted and imprisoned Vick was allowed back into the NFL. That wasn't "divisive," apparently. Millions of people in this country own dogs or were horrified by Vick's crimes, or both, but he wasn't "divisive" enough to be kept out of the NFL.

    But Limbaugh is. Because words have power.

    Barf.

    I'm not attacking Vick. Nor am I defending Limbaugh. I'm attacking, and defending, America. And now that you've read this far, you're starting to waver, right? I understand that you started this story in complete disagreement with the premise. I do. On the surface, the idea of race-baiting Rush Limbaugh owning part of an NFL team is so absurd, so ludicrous, that it seems offensive. My reaction after hearing the news last week was a desire to write an angry screed condemning him as an owner and daring the NFL to stand up to the bully. My reaction was visceral, and instinctive. It's probably a lot like yours.

    But I wrote nothing, and time has passed, and the extra time allowed me to think -- not react, but think. Contemplate. Ask myself what it would mean for Limbaugh to be allowed to own the Rams, and more importantly, what it would mean for him to not be allowed.

    And the latter part scares me.

    Not allowing Limbaugh to own the Rams because people disagree with his politics, or because they disagree with the hyperbolic way he expresses his politics, is frightening. Not today, of course. Today it's fine because our capitalistic free market is closing its doors on the "divisive" Limbaugh -- but tomorrow it could close its doors on me. Or on you.

    Do you see? Not to get all sixth-grade civics class on you, but either you have principles or you don't. If you have principles only when those principles are on your side, guess what? You don't have principles.

    Never mind that the Rams would've been a disaster under Limbaugh's ownership. Players with meaningful options elsewhere -- white and black players alike -- surely would have avoided St. Louis. The franchise would've been left with whatever free agents were left, probably turning the already awful Rams into a Double-A team compared to the rest of the NFL's major leagues.

    Or not. Maybe the Rams would have won with Dave Checketts and Limbaugh. Maybe they would have overcome. Who really knows? The point is, the NFL has allowed killers and dogfighters to play. The NFL has allowed drug-deal facilitators like Jamal Lewis and drunken drivers like Jared Allen and wife-abusers like Michael Pittman and head-stompers like Albert Haynesworth and recidivist criminals like Pacman Jones and Chris Henry and Tank Johnson. But the NFL won't allow Rush Limbaugh?

    Because of his divisive words?
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly." - Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King
    SpotsCat is a trademark of SpotsCat Intergalactic Enterprises LLC, All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized use of the exceptionally witty material contained herein shall be prostituted to the fullest extent. Trespassers will be shot.

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You need a few more nazi and fascist references. You are only 95 % hysterical now, you need to make it to full hysterical.

    I'm not hysterical, if you don't think that the state, community organizers, and former politicians singling out members of society for their political beliefs isn't a page right out of Nazi Germany then you too are a member of this leftist cult of personality which is now running Washington. Jackson, Sharpton, and Lee are Nazi racist pig fascist bastards trying to stifle political dissent by implementing Macarythist tactics. Welcome to Obama's America.

  6. #116
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You need a few more nazi and fascist references. You are only 95 % hysterical now, you need to make it to full hysterical.
    I have to agree, Sheila Jackson Lee is too ****ing stupid to be a real Nazi and probably would have been gassed, but she serves her purpose as a stooge for typical liberal constituents.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #117
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Ikari hit on an important pat.

    I don't think, for a second, that Limbaugh would've been kicked from his group or denied ownership if:

    1) His name wasn't leaked out far in advance when its not supposed to leading to;
    2) Major sports writers writing stories filled with quotes without context, 30 year old quotes presented as if they're relatively recent, and flat out lies

    Would there have been some controversy when it came to light? Sure. But I have no reason to believe it would've been anywhere near as much. Why? Because every sports station I listened to....be it local 106.7 The Fan in DC, or DC's local ESPN affiliate, or the national ESPN affiliate....had their DJ's echoing those exact same words, had callers calling in echoing those same words in their reasons for why he shouldn't be allowed in, etc. The majority of the OUTWARD reasoning for outrage was the "racism" of Rush Limbaugh, and to prove said racism people used things ranging from out of context to just flat out untrue.

    In my mind, from what it looks like, Limbaugh was forced out of a business venture due to patently untrue or misrepresented information by sports casters that caught on like wild fire. That's not him losing it simply on his own merit of being "devisive", that's people purposefully torpedoing him because they don't like his speech.

  8. #118
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Ikari hit on an important pat.

    I don't think, for a second, that Limbaugh would've been kicked from his group or denied ownership if:

    1) His name wasn't leaked out far in advance when its not supposed to leading to;
    2) Major sports writers writing stories filled with quotes without context, 30 year old quotes presented as if they're relatively recent, and flat out lies

    Would there have been some controversy when it came to light? Sure. But I have no reason to believe it would've been anywhere near as much. Why? Because every sports station I listened to....be it local 106.7 The Fan in DC, or DC's local ESPN affiliate, or the national ESPN affiliate....had their DJ's echoing those exact same words, had callers calling in echoing those same words in their reasons for why he shouldn't be allowed in, etc. The majority of the OUTWARD reasoning for outrage was the "racism" of Rush Limbaugh, and to prove said racism people used things ranging from out of context to just flat out untrue.

    In my mind, from what it looks like, Limbaugh was forced out of a business venture due to patently untrue or misrepresented information by sports casters that caught on like wild fire. That's not him losing it simply on his own merit of being "devisive", that's people purposefully torpedoing him because they don't like his speech.
    how awful. kinda like he attempts to torpedo candidates he doesn't like for their speech, right? do you really believe he's not divisive? if he wasn't, would this have happened?

    did his partner drop him? if so, isn't the onus on his partner to show some cajones? sports radio callers don't get a vote on potential nfl owners.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    how awful. kinda like he attempts to torpedo candidates he doesn't like for their speech, right? do you really believe he's not divisive? if he wasn't, would this have happened?

    did his partner drop him? if so, isn't the onus on his partner to show some cajones? sports radio callers don't get a vote on potential nfl owners.
    No the onus is for black Nazi's like Sharpton, Lee, and Jackson not to force people onto political black lists for expressing their opinions. Rush is not a public representative he is a private citizen, huge difference.

    But it's good to see that you condone Macarthyism.

  10. #120
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Ikari hit on an important pat.

    I don't think, for a second, that Limbaugh would've been kicked from his group or denied ownership if:

    1) His name wasn't leaked out far in advance when its not supposed to leading to;
    2) Major sports writers writing stories filled with quotes without context, 30 year old quotes presented as if they're relatively recent, and flat out lies

    Would there have been some controversy when it came to light? Sure. But I have no reason to believe it would've been anywhere near as much. Why? Because every sports station I listened to....be it local 106.7 The Fan in DC, or DC's local ESPN affiliate, or the national ESPN affiliate....had their DJ's echoing those exact same words, had callers calling in echoing those same words in their reasons for why he shouldn't be allowed in, etc. The majority of the OUTWARD reasoning for outrage was the "racism" of Rush Limbaugh, and to prove said racism people used things ranging from out of context to just flat out untrue.

    In my mind, from what it looks like, Limbaugh was forced out of a business venture due to patently untrue or misrepresented information by sports casters that caught on like wild fire. That's not him losing it simply on his own merit of being "devisive", that's people purposefully torpedoing him because they don't like his speech.
    Let's see if the lefties make as big a stink if they find out Soros is the big partner in that group. The man behind Moveon.org and all their political shananigans.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •