Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53

Thread: Dutch right-winger Geert Wilders wins challenge against British ban

  1. #11
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Dutch right-winger Geert Wilders wins challenge against British ban

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, can non-citizens just walk into your country and set up shop? Tell us how that works in your neck of the woods.

    The United States has the weakest immigration policies in the world.
    Who said anything about immigration?
    PeteEU

  2. #12
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,514

    Re: Dutch right-winger Geert Wilders wins challenge against British ban

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Who said anything about immigration?
    You just said that non-citizens weren't free in the United States. There are 20 million illegal aliens in this country that work, collect welfare and recieve free medical care. So, your latest attempt at bashing the US is a monumental failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #13
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Dutch right-winger Geert Wilders wins challenge against British ban

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You just said that non-citizens weren't free in the United States. There are 20 million illegal aliens in this country that work, collect welfare and recieve free medical care. So, your latest attempt at bashing the US is a monumental failure.
    No, I said

    you try to get into the US as a non US citizen
    In no way did I state anything about immigration, illegal aliens and so on.
    PeteEU

  4. #14
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Dutch right-winger Geert Wilders wins challenge against British ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Urgh. I see we still have to accept the filth into this country
    Try living in the country that foolishly hosts the U.N.
    Quod scripsi, scripsi

  5. #15
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Dutch right-winger Geert Wilders wins challenge against British ban

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    One should not throw stones while living a glass house...
    This is only true if one is clumsy and has poor discretion in choosing targets.
    Last edited by Oftencold; 10-14-09 at 06:48 AM.
    Quod scripsi, scripsi

  6. #16
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Dutch right-winger Geert Wilders wins challenge against British ban

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    yea.... you try to get into the US as a non US citizen, and then talk about "freest country in the world"....
    What's hard about it. I work with plenty of people from Europe and Asia. There are rules and forms which suck to fill out; but they haven't been hassled too much about coming and going. They oft go back home a few times a year and such, not including conferences which may take them out of the country. What's the point? That you can't just waltz into the country? Can people waltz into your country? Most countries have some amount of control over their boarders. Not having completely open boarders isn't a sign of tyranny.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #17
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Dutch right-winger Geert Wilders wins challenge against British ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    What's hard about it. I work with plenty of people from Europe and Asia. There are rules and forms which suck to fill out; but they haven't been hassled too much about coming and going. They oft go back home a few times a year and such, not including conferences which may take them out of the country. What's the point? That you can't just waltz into the country? Can people waltz into your country? Most countries have some amount of control over their boarders. Not having completely open boarders isn't a sign of tyranny.
    Okay lets see..

    Under 90 days stay in either Denmark or the US.

    I want to go to the US as a Dane. What is involved in that. For one I have to fill out a bunch of information before hand on a US website. No it is not a visa application, because I dont require a Visa as a Dane to visit the US. Now I have to fill out this web site information a few days in advance.

    Now the questions on said page are quite informative. Everything from do you have a communicable disease to have you been a nazi. Now the kicker here is, I can be denied entry based on my answers.. that is if my name is not on the no fly list.

    And then if I am lucky, I arrive in the US. First thing.. fingerprints and other biometric data... er okay.. how about an anal probe too just for kicks?

    Okay lets say you want to come to Denmark for under 90 days. Get ya passport, hop on a plane and welcome! OH yea, you have to show your passport... damn hard...

    See the difference?
    PeteEU

  8. #18
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Dutch right-winger Geert Wilders wins challenge against British ban

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Okay lets see..

    Under 90 days stay in either Denmark or the US.

    I want to go to the US as a Dane. What is involved in that. For one I have to fill out a bunch of information before hand on a US website. No it is not a visa application, because I dont require a Visa as a Dane to visit the US. Now I have to fill out this web site information a few days in advance.

    Now the questions on said page are quite informative. Everything from do you have a communicable disease to have you been a nazi. Now the kicker here is, I can be denied entry based on my answers.. that is if my name is not on the no fly list.

    And then if I am lucky, I arrive in the US. First thing.. fingerprints and other biometric data... er okay.. how about an anal probe too just for kicks?

    Okay lets say you want to come to Denmark for under 90 days. Get ya passport, hop on a plane and welcome! OH yea, you have to show your passport... damn hard...

    See the difference?
    While some of it is overreaction, I don't see how A)People are prevented from coming to the US. B) How that makes the US less free.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #19
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Dutch right-winger Geert Wilders wins challenge against British ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    While some of it is overreaction, I don't see how A)People are prevented from coming to the US. B) How that makes the US less free.
    People are prevented in coming to the US because of the answers. Got AIDS.. forget it. Got the wrong name, forget it. Also people needing to be in New York for a business deal the next day, have a bit of a problem if they have to know beforehand that they are going to New York the next day. I read that New York alone has lost billions in business due to the entrance issues. And it is relative EASY for Europeans to go to the US.. if you are not from a country part of the visa waiver program.. then it is near impossible to get access quickly.

    And less free.. no brainer.. cant be free if you have to give up very personal information to gain entry to the country can it now. Remember not only do you have to give the US the information on the site, but as a standard your financial information and other information is shared by European countries on request by the US. So the US could very well know my financial state before I land in the US. I remember that there was a huge bust up back in the day, because the Bush administration also wanted sexual orientation as part of that information.. that was denied.

    So yes, it is far less free for an European going to the US than an American coming to Europe. We dont demand personal information or bio metric data or require you announce that you are coming days in advance.

    And yes it is an over reaction by the US.
    PeteEU

  10. #20
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Dutch right-winger Geert Wilders wins challenge against British ban

    I think this is stereotypical, anti-American drivel. It's hard to get in, yes. The standards should be relaxed, yes. That doesn't make it less free, or at least to the degree to which you want to make it seem. Maybe it's easier to get into Europe, but I don't have the freedom in Europe I have in the US once there. Each place has plus and minuses, but it seems that you want to exaggerate the magnitude of the effect the rules for getting into this country has.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •