Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: GOP's Snowe will vote for Democratic health bill

  1. #11
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: GOP's Snowe will vote for Democratic health bill

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    Chin up .... there's at least some daylight. No more status quo.
    Maybe Rocky will kick some ass...
    maybe.....but i'm not hodling my breath.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  2. #12
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: GOP's Snowe will vote for Democratic health bill

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    absolutely. but doubtful whatever bill is finally written will have teeth. i'm so disappointed.
    I only expected a play to the insurance company from this. Both the Republicans and Democrats know who gives them money.

    The sad thing is that I do think there is room for intelligent debate on the issue. Clearly the US pays the most for and has the least access to health care, despite having the best doctors and hospitals on the planet. There is clearly something we can use government for here to drive the system to be more beneficial for the People. Now, will the Republocrats give it to us? No, they are the bloated, corrupted aristocracy and care very little for the actual People. They are well more concerned with their power and pocketbook than they are the People. Which is one reason I strongly distrust the government and don't believe they would ever pass an intelligent public healthcare option which could provide basic healthcare coverage for the People.
    Last edited by Ikari; 10-13-09 at 05:15 PM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #13
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: GOP's Snowe will vote for Democratic health bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I only expected a play to the insurance company from this. Both the Republicans and Democrats know who gives them money.

    The sad thing is that I do think there is room for intelligent debate on the issue. Clearly the US pays the most for and has the least access to health care, despite having the best doctors and hospitals on the planet. There is clearly something we can use government for here to drive the system to be more beneficial for the People. Now, will the Republocrats give it to us? No, they are the bloated, corrupted aristocracy and care very little for the actual People. They are well more concerned with their power and pocketbook than they are the People. Which is one reason I strongly distrust the government and don't believe they would ever pass an intelligent public healthcare option which could provide basic healthcare coverage for the People.
    i can never understand the "we can't" mantra. why not at least try? americans deserve basic healthcare coverage that doens't bankrupt them.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  4. #14
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: GOP's Snowe will vote for Democratic health bill

    maybe that should be addressed?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: GOP's Snowe will vote for Democratic health bill

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Is this the Democrat Olympia Snowe of Maine?
    Clearly you don't know much about Maine Politics so I suggest you keep your trap shut on this one.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: GOP's Snowe will vote for Democratic health bill

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i can never understand the "we can't" mantra. why not at least try? americans deserve basic healthcare coverage that doens't bankrupt them.
    Yup. It's not a "we can't" mantra. It's a "this is reality" mantra. And so long as the Republocrats keep power unperturbed by the People, that's how it's going to be. This is the problem with a one party system.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #17
    Professor
    Joe1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    TX
    Last Seen
    04-22-14 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,829

    Re: GOP's Snowe will vote for Democratic health bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yup. It's not a "we can't" mantra. It's a "this is reality" mantra. And so long as the Republocrats keep power unperturbed by the People, that's how it's going to be. This is the problem with a one party system.
    Certainly it's an uphill batlle, but if there's one thing congress people desire more than corporate money it's our vote.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: GOP's Snowe will vote for Democratic health bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1991 View Post
    Certainly it's an uphill batlle, but if there's one thing congress people desire more than corporate money it's our vote.
    Not really. Individual people maybe, but not aggregated over the whole of the one party system. Basically, the parties will always be there. Everything is closed down, and people are afraid of engaging in third party politics (because the other side "wins", oddly enough, no one wins when we close the system down). As a result the Democrats and Republicans can merely seesaw power, they aren't responsive to the People because they know they'll get power back. And since both parties move for very similar goals, there's no problem with the other being in charge for some period of time. First off, they're not radically going to change things (the Republocrats do love the status quo). Second off, they're not going to be in power forever; it will switch back to the other side. On the party front, there's no caring about the People. They'll vote for someone in the end, and so long as the People think there are only "two" viable options, they have no fear of ultimately losing power. Split the vote 50/50 +noise.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: GOP's Snowe will vote for Democratic health bill

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    This development is going to all but insure passage in the Senate.
    LOL!

    wow, is someone stunningly simplistic

    snowe ensures passage thru senate---

    LOLOLOL!

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: GOP's Snowe will vote for Democratic health bill

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    LOL!

    wow, is someone stunningly simplistic

    snowe ensures passage thru senate---

    LOLOLOL!
    LOL!

    citsilpmis ylgninnuts enoemos si, wow

    ---etanes urth egassap serusne ewons

    LOLOLOL!


    THERE THAT MAKES MORE SENSE NOW.....LOL..LOL....LOL...LOL..LOL....
    Last edited by goldendog; 10-13-09 at 09:35 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •