Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 426

Thread: Sharpton, Jackson Attack Limbaugh's Rams Bid

  1. #81
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sharpton, Jackson Attack Limbaugh's Rams Bid

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post


    No, I live in the area with the team that lost to detroit
    Oh, ouch. Sorry.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #82
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Sharpton, Jackson Attack Limbaugh's Rams Bid

    Sharpton and Jackson are idiots. So is Rush.

    That said, even idiots like Rushbo have the right to try to buy something that's for sale. Doesn't mean the sellers are obligated to sell to him, though.

    Limbaugh already down 1 vote in bid to buy Rams

    By JIMMY GOLEN (AP) 9 minutes ago

    BOSTON Rush Limbaugh's bid to buy the St. Louis Rams ran into opposition within the NFL on Tuesday. Colts owner Jim Irsay vowed to vote against him and commissioner Roger Goodell said the conservative commentator's "divisive" comments would not be tolerated from any NFL insider.

    "I, myself, couldn't even consider voting for him," Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay said at the owners meetings. "When there are comments that have been made that are inappropriate, incendiary and insensitive ... our words do damage, and it's something that we don't need."

    "Divisive comments are not what the NFL is all about," commissioner Roger Goodell said. "I would not want to see those kind of comments from people who are in a responsible position in the NFL."

  3. #83
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sharpton, Jackson Attack Limbaugh's Rams Bid

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    So two people turn down the team, and then all of a sudden you're thinking maybe some mass walk out or something? Who cares? First off the Rams already suck, it's not like they're gonna get worse. Second off, there will always be someone willing to play for the Rams. Third off, people will eventually get over it. All this hoopla right now are just dumbasses who hate Rush Limbaugh trying to vent. Fine enough, but all the "racist" crap going around isn't supported. Hell even Morris said he ain't racist. And he's black. And old school football.
    no, i'm not. of course there will always be people willing to play. but there may be people unwilling to play as well.

    and it's my BELIEF limbaugh is fat freaking racist asshole, and now maybe he'll be a blowhard team owner as well! i don't care.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  4. #84
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Sharpton, Jackson Attack Limbaugh's Rams Bid

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    that was a bit over stated, i guess. but his comment was off base. there is no proof of what he asserted. so yes, i disagree with his statement, and with him in general.

    but it's not up to me, and i hope he's blocked.
    No where am I arguing that what he said wasn't in the proper venue (they brought him in to be the voice of the fan, not to be a political commentator). No where am I arguing that what he said is 100% true. What I am saying is its a legitimate point with some factual merit, and is not in and of itself racist.

    You may disagree with it based on facts. But a case, using facts, can also very clearly be made for it. If you want hard facts, look at the numbers he put up and where he ranked as a QB during that time compared to how he was made out to be. If you want anecdotal look at the way in which the entire sports media treated the Superbowl pitting the Bears vs the Colts.

    I'm not saying its not reasonable to disagree with Rush, or think his comment was out of place. I'm just saying its not an entirely ludicrous argument, nor that its racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    fan doesn't equal good owner.
    Don't have to tell me. Dan Snyder was a life long redskins fan and runs his team like a ****ing fantasy football league.

    I'm not saying because Rush is a fan he'd be a good owner. I'm saying that I have more faith in him then say, Dan Snyder, because Rush is relatively smart when it comes to emulating success and he's got a great respect for the Pittsburgh Steelers and how they run the football team, so if I was a betting man I'd imagine he's much, much, much more likely to sign pay checks and sit in the owners box with his cigars rather than say....

    saying lets go sign this fat tub of lard that needs to get carted off the field ever 8 plays and pay him $100 million dollars

    or lets go grab the likes of Adam Archuletta and Brandon Lloyd

    or lets sign washed up players for far too much money like Deion Sanders and Bruce Smith.

    or lets trade a draft pick for TJ Duckett when we have 3 backs already and never use him

    or lets fire a good coach after he rallies the team to an 8 and 3 end of the season and hire the ole ball coach.

    I hate you dan snyder

  5. #85
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Sharpton, Jackson Attack Limbaugh's Rams Bid

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    no, i'm not. of course there will always be people willing to play. but there may be people unwilling to play as well.

    and it's my BELIEF limbaugh is fat freaking racist asshole, and now maybe he'll be a blowhard team owner as well! i don't care.
    Yeah, but there's nothing to back up the claim that he's racist in this thread. Trying to prove it off of the McNabb thing doesn't cut it. And he's not going to be majority owner anyway, he's just one in the group to go in to become part owner. I think many people are being ridiculously stupid about this.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #86
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sharpton, Jackson Attack Limbaugh's Rams Bid

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yeah, but there's nothing to back up the claim that he's racist in this thread. Trying to prove it off of the McNabb thing doesn't cut it. And he's not going to be majority owner anyway, he's just one in the group to go in to become part owner. I think many people are being ridiculously stupid about this.
    nah..the mcnabb thing was MILD.....do you recall reading about his comments vis a vis "taking the bones out of their noses"?

    he's a racist.

    again, i don't care what he owns. of course, it will be fun having another team to hate.....i don't have too many in the nfc.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  7. #87
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Sharpton, Jackson Attack Limbaugh's Rams Bid

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    nah..the mcnabb thing was MILD.....do you recall reading about his comments vis a vis "taking the bones out of their noses"?
    No, I don't remember that one off hand. How was that racist? Is it like whenever anyone uses the word monkey anywhere close to an Obama reference?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    he's a racist.

    again, i don't care what he owns. of course, it will be fun having another team to hate.....i don't have too many in the nfc.
    I listen to Rush a lot, because he's one of the few right wing commentators I can stand for more than 10 minutes. He's not racist. People want to make his seem that way cause they hate him and are trying to justify the hate. But he's not actually racist.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #88
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Sharpton, Jackson Attack Limbaugh's Rams Bid

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    nah..the mcnabb thing was MILD.....do you recall reading about his comments vis a vis "taking the bones out of their noses"?

    he's a racist.

    again, i don't care what he owns. of course, it will be fun having another team to hate.....i don't have too many in the nfc.



    He did this on his show? When? was it on his talk show?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #89
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sharpton, Jackson Attack Limbaugh's Rams Bid

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    No where am I arguing that what he said wasn't in the proper venue (they brought him in to be the voice of the fan, not to be a political commentator). No where am I arguing that what he said is 100% true. What I am saying is its a legitimate point with some factual merit, and is not in and of itself racist.

    You may disagree with it based on facts. But a case, using facts, can also very clearly be made for it. If you want hard facts, look at the numbers he put up and where he ranked as a QB during that time compared to how he was made out to be. If you want anecdotal look at the way in which the entire sports media treated the Superbowl pitting the Bears vs the Colts.

    I'm not saying its not reasonable to disagree with Rush, or think his comment was out of place. I'm just saying its not an entirely ludicrous argument, nor that its racist.



    Don't have to tell me. Dan Snyder was a life long redskins fan and runs his team like a ****ing fantasy football league.

    I'm not saying because Rush is a fan he'd be a good owner. I'm saying that I have more faith in him then say, Dan Snyder, because Rush is relatively smart when it comes to emulating success and he's got a great respect for the Pittsburgh Steelers and how they run the football team, so if I was a betting man I'd imagine he's much, much, much more likely to sign pay checks and sit in the owners box with his cigars rather than say....

    saying lets go sign this fat tub of lard that needs to get carted off the field ever 8 plays and pay him $100 million dollars

    or lets go grab the likes of Adam Archuletta and Brandon Lloyd

    or lets sign washed up players for far too much money like Deion Sanders and Bruce Smith.

    or lets trade a draft pick for TJ Duckett when we have 3 backs already and never use him

    or lets fire a good coach after he rallies the team to an 8 and 3 end of the season and hire the ole ball coach.

    I hate you dan snyder
    wait, what? what do the colts and bears have to do with anything regarding rush? it was historic, 2 black head coaches in the super bowl. just because the media recognized that doesn't mean they WANTED mcnabb to succeed because he's black. there is no evidence of that.

    my thought that he's a racist doesn't rest on that single comment. it's his entire body of work.

    ;-) i'm sorry your team sucks, why take it out on me? i'm a colts fan.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  10. #90
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Sharpton, Jackson Attack Limbaugh's Rams Bid

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, I don't remember that one off hand. How was that racist? Is it like whenever anyone uses the word monkey anywhere close to an Obama reference?



    I listen to Rush a lot, because he's one of the few right wing commentators I can stand for more than 10 minutes. He's not racist. People want to make his seem that way cause they hate him and are trying to justify the hate. But he's not actually racist.



    She doesn't know, she's just parroting her talking points.


    It happened on his top 40 show many many years ago, he often spoke about how he regretted saying it....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •