Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 426

Thread: Sharpton, Jackson Attack Limbaugh's Rams Bid

  1. #351
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Sharpton, Jackson Attack Limbaugh's Rams Bid

    Quote Originally Posted by akyron View Post
    That was a horrible game on several levels.
    It was bull**** how the Cowboys called Time Out at the last second.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  2. #352
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Sharpton, Jackson Attack Limbaugh's Rams Bid

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So you believe in discrimination then....Good to know.


    j-mac
    Nothing wrong with the free market discriminating against racists & assholes, right? Isn't that what a free market is supposed to do?
    (unless you prefer central control....you know..like Socialism or Communism??)
    Last edited by Devil505; 10-17-09 at 12:00 PM.

  3. #353
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Sharpton, Jackson Attack Limbaugh's Rams Bid

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So you believe in discrimination then....Good to know.


    j-mac
    How is that discrimination? It is FREE Enterprise. Tit for Tat. Got it?
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  4. #354
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Sharpton, Jackson Attack Limbaugh's Rams Bid

    Limbaugh's lesson: Words Have Consequences ~

    "Words. Five-letter words, three-letter words, or ten-letters words, it doesn’t matter. Words help us tell others what is on our mind and express opinions. Words can be used to compliment or to destroy another’s self-esteem. Every day millions of hurtful words are spoken. Sometimes speakers do not think mere words are dangerous, but they can create something horrible."

    "Words can lead to anger and revenge, and can incite people to destroy families, lives, an entire nation. Words spoken on the radio, or in the newspaper, or in the square, can inspire hatred and violence. Before you make a rude or insulting comment about someone who is different from you – be it race, religion, ethnicity, or ability – remember that words are powerful."
    http://www.teenink.com/hot_topics/pr...-Consequences/
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #355
    Student
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    01-29-11 @ 01:30 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    151

    Re: Sharpton, Jackson Attack Limbaugh's Rams Bid

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Limbaugh's lesson: Words Have Consequences ~

    "Words. Five-letter words, three-letter words, or ten-letters words, it doesn’t matter. Words help us tell others what is on our mind and express opinions. Words can be used to compliment or to destroy another’s self-esteem. Every day millions of hurtful words are spoken. Sometimes speakers do not think mere words are dangerous, but they can create something horrible."

    "Words can lead to anger and revenge, and can incite people to destroy families, lives, an entire nation. Words spoken on the radio, or in the newspaper, or in the square, can inspire hatred and violence. Before you make a rude or insulting comment about someone who is different from you – be it race, religion, ethnicity, or ability – remember that words are powerful."
    http://www.teenink.com/hot_topics/pr...-Consequences/
    I think Limbaugh has learned this lesson quite well. In fact, he's also learned that words which are not true are also often just as powerful as words which are true.

  6. #356
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Sharpton, Jackson Attack Limbaugh's Rams Bid

    Quote Originally Posted by Caedon View Post
    I think Limbaugh has learned this lesson quite well. In fact, he's also learned that words which are not true are also often just as powerful as words which are true.
    The words that have been verified are sufficient for most.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #357
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,867
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sharpton, Jackson Attack Limbaugh's Rams Bid

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The words that have been verified are sufficient for most.
    Now put those words that have been verified into context. It makes an amazing difference on weather or not something is racist or not.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #358
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Sharpton, Jackson Attack Limbaugh's Rams Bid

    Hey, the upside is that he won't be distracted & will have more time to devote to his show......

  9. #359
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Sharpton, Jackson Attack Limbaugh's Rams Bid

    For Rush ~ [ame="http://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671723650"]"How to Win Friends & Influence People"[/ame]
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #360
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Sharpton, Jackson Attack Limbaugh's Rams Bid

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Nothing wrong with the free market discriminating against racists & assholes, right? Isn't that what a free market is supposed to do?
    (unless you prefer central control....you know..like Socialism or Communism??)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali
    How is that discrimination? It is FREE Enterprise. Tit for Tat. Got it?

    Not discrimination eh? Is Olberman still allowed to appear in the name of the NFL?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •