Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 516

Thread: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

  1. #361
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    The way Fox News does it?.....Absolutely.....They are pushing an agenda...not covering the news.
    You are now dismissed as insignificant and hyper partisan.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  2. #362
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,506

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I'll see if I can find it....Just heard it yesterday. Really is not a big point though. (it was stated as kinda an incredulous statement like......."Look who's the voice of reason on Fox News"...type of thing)
    Are you claiming I didn't really hear that??...What do you want me to prove???
    I want you to prove it, yes.

    You say he is the voice of reason at Fox like someone at Fox said so, or a conservative political candidate. If it was stated (at all) by some liberal talking head it would not mean much now would it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #363
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    You are now dismissed as insignificant and hyper partisan.
    You call it hyper partisan....I call it reality....So be it!

  4. #364
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,506

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    You call it hyper partisan....I call it reality....So be it!
    It is hyper partisan for certain and has little to do with anything even close to reality.

    You can deny it, but your posts bear witness.

    PS All news networks have an agenda now days. What makes you partisan is you only want to call out conservative Fox and not the rest.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 10-20-09 at 11:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #365
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I want you to prove it, yes.

    You say he is the voice of reason at Fox like someone at Fox said so, or a conservative political candidate. If it was stated (at all) by some liberal talking head it would not mean much now would it?
    Political Animal

    March 13, 2009

    WHEN BILL O'REILLY IS THE VOICE OF REASON.... One of the right's more disgusting habits is exploiting violent tragedies for ideological gain. The Washington Monthly



    OK...I proved I heard/Read it. Now do I have to prove it's true in your eyes??

  6. #366
    User 10thJustice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    08-14-10 @ 05:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    53

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    OH! I see! The POTUS dissed them, so that takes away ALL their credibility!! I wonder, did you feel this way about everything and everyone Bush dissed too? You know, when he was the POTUS and all?

    Also, I did not say that Fox delivers a point of view that gives me the whole picture. I said that Fox was one, among dozens, of the news channels I watch that contributes to my vision of the whole picture. Their distortions are no worse than those I see on other news networks. They're just more colorful and a whole lot less boring. I'd rather endure an hour of Glen Beck's tearful rants, than 5 minutes of Keith Olberman's mind-numbingly boring BS. But that's just me.
    Yeah, having your entire news program ripped by the Whitehouse is a devastating blow to your credibility because people assume the administration has conducted some sort of analysis, or study, or has some supportable basis for making such a bold declaration against a news station. Also, if he is lying about Fox, other news agencies would rush in to gather evidence to contradict the POTUS. The media is always looking to instigate a fight. So I don't think the Administration would make these statements on a recurring basis unless they are confident they could back it up. So far no one has contradicted them. And in politics; if a statement is uncontradicted for 72hours it becomes the truth. Credibility at Fox is dead!!! I never heard Bush publicly admonish an entire news agency for being partisan because I don't think he could prove it.

    "Boring" is not a metric used to measure news worthiness. For instance Beck is more fun because he discusses such craziness as "secret communist plots" revealed in the architecture of New York City buildings . That's not news, that's pure entertainment. How does that nonsense "contribute to your vision of the whole picture"??? And exactly what "picture" are you looking for when you tune into news stories about Obama's secret plot to kill our grandmothers, and form domestic armies???
    Last edited by 10thJustice; 10-20-09 at 11:45 AM.
    "the question is whether the people of the United States are to govern through representatives chosen by their unbiased suffrages or whether the money and power of a great corporation are to be secretly exerted to influence their judgment and control their decisions." Andrew Jackson

  7. #367
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post

    PS All news networks have an agenda now days. What makes you partisan is you only want to call out conservative Fox and not the rest.
    I have consistently stated the same thing. What I argue against are those that claim Fox News has no bias.
    Go back through my posts.....I clearly say that MSNBC has a liberal bias.....I have never said differently.
    My problem is not with the bias ......it's trying to HIDE the bias behind a Fair & Balanced logo that is a lie. (& that's what the WH is saying as well)

    N.Y. Time is liberal....... Wall St. Journal is conservative.....FINE.....Just don't ltry to hide it.
    Last edited by Devil505; 10-20-09 at 11:49 AM.

  8. #368
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,506

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Political Animal

    March 13, 2009

    WHEN BILL O'REILLY IS THE VOICE OF REASON.... One of the right's more disgusting habits is exploiting violent tragedies for ideological gain. The Washington Monthly



    OK...I proved I heard/Read it. Now do I have to prove it's true in your eyes??
    Go back and actually read what I said.

    I was absolutely correct. You got it from some liberal rag and it means nothing.

    PS here is your original lie, I mean statement, stated as fact...

    "I was responding to a member's comment about O'Reilly....who is now the voice of reason on Fox News!" - Devil505
    Last edited by Black Dog; 10-20-09 at 12:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #369
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Go back and actually read what I said.

    I was absolutely correct. You got it from some liberal rag and it means nothing.


    OK...Here it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I want you to prove it, yes.

    You say he is the voice of reason at Fox like someone at Fox said so, or a conservative political candidate. If it was stated (at all) by some liberal talking head it would not mean much now would it?

    I never said anything but that I heard it (or read it) I never claimed it was true. This is a silly thing to fight about......I said I heard it...you asked me to prove that I heard it/read it & I did!

    (I never said it was true......it was a joke!)

    Tough night last night Blackdog?
    Last edited by Devil505; 10-20-09 at 12:01 PM.

  10. #370
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,506

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    OK...Here it is:



    I never said anything but that I heard it (or read it) I never claimed it was true. This is a silly thing to fight about......I said I heard it...you asked me to prove that I heard it/read it & I did!

    (I never said it was true......it was a joke!)

    Tough night last night Blackdog?
    No it was not, you are a known liar.

    "I was responding to a member's comment about O'Reilly....who is now the voice of reason on Fox News!" - Devil505

    My night was fine, I just can't stand hyper partisan lying, what about you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •