Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 516

Thread: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

  1. #311
    Too big to fail
    niftydrifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    03-03-16 @ 03:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,725

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post

    FNC did its job, and The Administration took offense, blacklisting FNC in response -- and you have no problem with it.
    Check out this excerpt:

    When Dunn was asked whether the president refused to accept interview requests from Fox because the White House sees the network as "a wing of the Republican party," the communications director responded: "Is this why he did not appear? The answer is yes."

    source
    according to the link, Obama didn't go on Fox because Obama didn't respect the network.

    a different reality is portrayed in Fox's version of the story.

    Obama refused to appear on Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace on Sept. 20, the day he appeared on five other Sunday shows. At the time, the White House characterized the snub as payback for the Fox Broadcast Network's decision not to air an Obama prime time appearance. But last weekend, Dunn blamed Fox News Channel's coverage of the administration for Obama's snub of Fox News Sunday.

    "Is this why he did not appear?" Dunn said. "The answer is yes."
    why did Fox create a misleading context for Dunn's answer, Goobieman?
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3227&dateline=1247527  127

  2. #312
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Looks like somebody has got goobie pegged.
    You only think that because when you see me you get such a hard-on that you BP drops and your brain goes all fuzzy.

  3. #313
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    The part where you try to change the subject from FNC doing its job bu fact-checking to (your unsupported claim of) FNC not doing its job previously? That's a red herring.

    And so, even if you DID have someting, it doesnt change the fact that bu checking the facts in question, FNC was doing whatit is supposed to do.

    FNC did its job, and The Administration took offense, blacklisting FNC in response -- and you have no problem with it.
    So you're going to generalize. Which statement of mine was a red herring? I didn't change the subject. You said they're supposed to fact check. I pointed to several anchors out and out lying and not fact checking which you said you don't care about.

    When was Fox doing what it was supposed to be doing? You still haven't pointed out when news anchors on fox have done actual fact checking you just continue repeating the line as if saying it more times will make your statement correct. Did you take offense when MSNBC was blacklisted by the bush administration?

  4. #314
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    So Goobie if you had a crazy neighbor who constantly yelled at you to get off their lawn, Clint Eastwood Gran Turino style even though you never stepped foot on their lawn would you go up and talk to them? Invite them to dinner give them any level of credibility?

  5. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You only think that because when you see me you get such a hard-on that you BP drops and your brain goes all fuzzy.
    Uh, no. I tend to like my men a little evolved and capable of holding a conversation that doesn't break down into grunt and point.

  6. #316
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    So you're going to generalize. Which statement of mine was a red herring? I didn't change the subject.
    Look, if you're just going to lie about it, there's no sense in continuing the conversation.

    Right here, in your own post, is proof:

    You said they're supposed to fact check.
    Yes, I did.
    Youhave yet to agree to this.

    I pointed to several anchors out and out lying and not fact checking which you said you don't care about
    Aside from the fact that I said no such thing and tha you have not proven this to be the case -- this is the red herring. This is you diverting the issue away from what it is to something else.

    That you CLAIM that FNC did not previously fact check certain other stories does not in any way change the fact that they DID fact-check this particular one, that them doing so was a perfectly legitimate thing for them to do as it is part of the job, and that The Administrations reaction is reprehensible.

  7. #317
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Look, if you're just going to lie about it, there's no sense in continuing the conversation.
    So you can't point out the red herring and you're just using words that you have no idea the meaning of.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Right here, in your own post, is proof:
    Proof of what? That fox is supposed to fact check but doesn't

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Yes, I did.
    Youhave yet to agree to this.
    I would if I actually saw them doing the job of the media and fact checking they didn't do it during the Bush Administration not seeing much of it now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Aside from the fact that I said no such thing and tha you have not proven this to be the case -- this is the red herring. This is you diverting the issue away from what it is to something else.
    Yeah you already stated that you don't care if they didn't fact check by your statement below:
    and even if you DID have someting, it doesnt change the fact that bu checking the facts in question, FNC was doing whatit is supposed to do.
    You already told me even if I gave you direct links that it wouldn't matter because it wouldn't change your partisan opinion. You say they're there to fact check but if shown proof that they've lied that it doesn't matter to you because you already have your storyline all worked out.


    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    That you CLAIM that FNC did not previously fact check certain other stories does not in any way change the fact that they DID fact-check this particular one, that them doing so was a perfectly legitimate thing for them to do as it is part of the job, and that The Administrations reaction is reprehensible.
    How do you fact check a story about oneself? The administration is treating them with the disregard they deserve. Throughout the election the network lied about him constantly, now they've lied about the health care bill, lied about his religion, the school speech, etc. Besides when Obama gave a speech all networks covered it except fox and now he's not giving them coverage in return. You seem to have no problem with the Bush administration doing it to MSNBC and the NYtimes when they were doing their job. Was it equally reprehensible back then?

  8. #318
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    So you can't point out the red herring and you're just using words that you have no idea the meaning of.
    Did you read the rest of my post?
    Where I did just that?
    Where I siad:

    Aside from the fact that I said no such thing and tha you have not proven this to be the case -- this is the red herring. This is you diverting the issue away from what it is to something else.

    That you CLAIM that FNC did not previously fact check certain other stories does not in any way change the fact that they DID fact-check this particular one, that them doing so was a perfectly legitimate thing for them to do as it is part of the job, and that The Administrations reaction is reprehensible.
    Thatls your red herring, bub.

    Proof of what?
    Your offer of a red herring.

    That fox is supposed to fact check but doesn't
    This is a statement you have not yet supported, even after being asked to do so several times.

    You already told me even if I gave you direct links that it wouldn't matter because it wouldn't change your partisan opinion.

    Look... whatever drugs you're on, dont stop taking them, as I don't think you'll survive the crash.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 10-19-09 at 05:33 PM.

  9. #319
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    ironies abound

    axelrod claims fox is biased and pure opinion journalism while answering a question on abc's sunday talk posed by george stephanopoulos, top clintonista in 1992

    stephanopoulos moderating a news panel is exactly analogous to karl rove doing the same

    the white house feels hassled by fox fact checking and encourages msm's like the alphabet networks and cnn not to follow suit while cnn fact checks snl comedy skits yet fails to do the same to bogus bulletins attributed to the harmless fuzzball

    indeed, cnn for several days energetically promotes those made up slurs assigned to rush

    and keith olbermann---the WORST PERSON IN THE WOOORRRLLLDDD---hosts an nfl show

    anita dunn, white house communications director, who started the fox war 8 days ago on howie kurtz' reliable sources, cnn's media exam of the media, embraces mao as her favorite philosopher and brags her admin "controls" the news so as to avoid "having to actually talk to reporters"

    and ZERO msm's find the story worthy of 15 seconds' interest

    only fox

    irony is when a fire station burns down

  10. #320
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    I would have thought that The Obama WH would have learned form history that it really does not pay off all that much to fight the media or parts of the media. LBJ, Nixon, and Bush II did it. That is not exactly a Troika of tremendous intellectual thinking that anyone should mimic.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •