Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 516

Thread: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

  1. #301
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Yhis is you dodgng my question and my request for a credible source to back your assertions.

    As I said:
    You're going to have to do better than paraphrase from memory for any of this to mean anything.

    And my question -- the one you did NOT answer -- was:
    Isn't checking facts and challenging the statements of thosein government things the press is SUPPOSED to do?
    But linking to fox wouldn't be a credible source goobie. You're calling what they do fact checking but that's not what they do when they need their own fact checking fact checked. Talking about non-existent death panels in a bill isn't fact checking. Talking about a non-existent death book isn't fact checking. Calling the guy a muslim isn't fact checking. Why don't you tell us which fact checking their news anchors do?

  2. #302
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    But linking to fox wouldn't be a credible source goobie. You're calling what they do fact checking but that's not what they do when they need their own fact checking fact checked. Talking about non-existent death panels in a bill isn't fact checking. Talking about a non-existent death book isn't fact checking. Calling the guy a muslim isn't fact checking. Why don't you tell us which fact checking their news anchors do?
    You still have not addresses my post.
    One more time:
    As I said:
    You're going to have to do better than paraphrase from memory for any of this to mean anything.

    And my question -- the one you did NOT answer -- was:
    Isn't checking facts and challenging the statements of those in government things the press is SUPPOSED to do?

  3. #303
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You still have not addresses my post.
    One more time:
    As I said:
    You're going to have to do better than paraphrase from memory for any of this to mean anything.

    And my question -- the one you did NOT answer -- was:
    Isn't checking facts and challenging the statements of those in government things the press is SUPPOSED to do?
    Here you go again repeating yourself as if you love hearing yourself speak. Again you haven't defined when Fox has been fact checking statements the government makes. When did they do that during the last administration? It seems they're selective. The press is supposed to do that but Fox doesn't.

  4. #304
    Too big to fail
    niftydrifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    03-03-16 @ 03:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,725

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You still have not addresses my post.
    One more time:
    As I said:
    You're going to have to do better than paraphrase from memory for any of this to mean anything.

    And my question -- the one you did NOT answer -- was:
    Isn't checking facts and challenging the statements of those in government things the press is SUPPOSED to do?
    Give it up Goobieman. your repetition act is pathetic. you can't win an argument by merely staying on offense. scroll back a page and see the question from Pogue you yourself dodged.

    So are you saying that opinion shows that state things emphatically as being true but don't state that its just their opinion is totally okay with you?
    as well as this one from me.

    why did the Fox story leave out relevant context from Dunn when they quoted her?
    and how about another. how well did Fox do it's "job" in 2001-2008? huh?
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3227&dateline=1247527  127

  5. #305
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Here you go again repeating yourself as if you love hearing yourself speak. Again you haven't defined when Fox has been fact checking statements the government makes. When did they do that during the last administration? It seems they're selective. The press is supposed to do that but Fox doesn't.
    I'm a little woried about fox news reporting on fox news.

  6. #306
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I'm a little woried about fox news reporting on fox news.
    I'm a little worried about Fox news reporting on fox news supposed fact checking that needs to be fact checked

  7. #307
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Here you go again repeating yourself as if you love hearing yourself speak.
    Actuially no -- its me not letting you toss out red herrings in an attempt to change the subject.

    YOU claimed that reporters and anchors said this and that -- you havent shown this to be true.

    Since you have not shown this to be true, you have no basis for your assertion that FNC needs it fact checks checked.

    Without any of that, you have nothing -- and nothing you very clearly have.

    And even if you DID have someting, it doesnt change the fact that bu checking the facts in question, FNC was doing whatit is supposed to do.

    FNC did its job, and The Administration took offense, blacklisting FNC in response -- and you have no problem with it.

  8. #308
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Actuially no -- its me not letting you toss out red herrings in an attempt to change the subject.

    YOU claimed that reporters and anchors said this and that -- you havent shown this to be true.

    Since you have not shown this to be true, you have no basis for your assertion that FNC needs it fact checks checked.

    Without any of that, you have nothing -- and nothing you very clearly have.

    And even if you DID have someting, it doesnt change the fact that bu checking the facts in question, FNC was doing whatit is supposed to do.

    FNC did its job, and The Administration took offense, blacklisting FNC in response -- and you have no problem with it.
    Aww red herrings now. Which statement was a red herring? How was fox doing what it was supposed to be doing? Do you have proof of that? Or you're just saying it to see yourself write.

    So in other words when the Bush Administration went after the NY Times and NBC, NY Times and NBC were doing their job.

    Did you pay attention to your own statement you basically said forget the evidence even if you showed me them making false statements that it doesn't matter because it is their job to attack democrats. There we get to the gist of your argument

  9. #309
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Looks like somebody has got goobie pegged.

  10. #310
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Aww red herrings now. Which statement was a red herring? How was fox doing what it was supposed to be doing? Do you have proof of that? Or you're just saying it to see yourself write.
    The part where you try to change the subject from FNC doing its job bu fact-checking to (your unsupported claim of) FNC not doing its job previously? That's a red herring.

    And so, even if you DID have someting, it doesnt change the fact that bu checking the facts in question, FNC was doing whatit is supposed to do.

    FNC did its job, and The Administration took offense, blacklisting FNC in response -- and you have no problem with it.

Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •