Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 516

Thread: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

  1. #291
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I'm sorry -- did you answer my original question?
    Or are you just avoiding it...?

    You're going to have to do better than paraphrase from memory for any of this to mean anything.
    I did answer your question the people I listed above are Journalists and Anchors with fox news

  2. #292
    Too big to fail
    niftydrifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    03-03-16 @ 03:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,725

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    OK, so then where is the controversy?

    FNC fact checked, and The Obama's administration took offense, leading them to blacklist FNC.

    Do you think it was proper to blacklist FNC for doing its job?
    Your version of the events is in error. If Fox has been blacklisted it's because it's a joke, not because they do their "job."

    A few more relevant quotes from Dunn that you conveniently didn't see in Fox's story on Dunn.

    "If we went back a year ago to the fall of 2008, to the campaign, that was a time this country was in two wars that we had a financial collapse probably more significant than any financial collapse since the Great Depression. If you were a Fox News viewer in the fall election what you would have seen were that the biggest stories and the biggest threats facing America were a guy named Bill Ayers and a something called ACORN."

    "Obviously [the President] will go on Fox because he engages with ideological opponents. He has done that before and he will do it again... when he goes on Fox he understands he is not going on it as a news network at this point. He is going on it to debate the opposition."
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3227&dateline=1247527  127

  3. #293
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    I did answer your question the people I listed above are Journalists and Anchors with fox news
    As I said:
    You're going to have to do better than paraphrase from memory for any of this to mean anything.

    And my question -- the one you did NOT answer -- was:
    Isn't checking facts and challenging the statements of thosein government things the press is SUPPOSED to do?

  4. #294
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by niftydrifty View Post
    Your version of the events is in error. If Fox has been blacklisted it's because it's a joke, not because they do their "job."
    Such spin.
    No surprise.

  5. #295
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    As I said:
    You're going to have to do better than paraphrase from memory for any of this to mean anything.

    And my question -- the one you did NOT answer -- was:
    Isn't checking facts and challenging the statements of thosein government things the press is SUPPOSED to do?
    Making false statements isn't fact checking. When Fox needs its own fact checking fact checked there's something wrong there.

  6. #296
    Too big to fail
    niftydrifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    03-03-16 @ 03:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,725

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Such spin.
    No surprise.
    question for you. why did the Fox story leave out relevant context from Dunn when they quoted her?

    such spin. no surprise, indeed.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3227&dateline=1247527  127

  7. #297
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by niftydrifty View Post
    question for you. why did the Fox story leave out relevant context from Dunn when they quoted her?

    such spin. no surprise, indeed.
    Because it wouldn't fit their storyline that poor little fox is getting attacked

  8. #298
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I linked the wrong thread; here is the correct initial personal attack which contained zero substance and nothing related to the thread topic for no other purpose than to bait and troll:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058315217
    That link doesn't work.

    Again, your diatribe lacks substance; please illustrate where I engaged in any personal attacks prior to the personal attacks on me in this thread.
    Which personal attacks would those be? Calling your argument dishonest?

    I don’t give a damn whether you have a personal problem with me, that is YOUR problem not mine. I just want you to stop your trolling and baiting and selective outrage and your efforts to engage in personal attacks rather than substantive debate which appears to be a typical personality trait of Liberals.
    I never said I had a personal problem with you. Where have I been baiting and trolling? I asked you a question in a civil and serious manner and expected a serious response. Was I expecting too much?

    The above is nothing more than an outright lie. It begs the question, why do feel it is always pertinent to engage in personal attacks that have nothing to do with the thread topic and are merely intended to derail the thread with whiney diatribe?
    Please, show me where I have attacked you.

    Once again this is nothing more than more selective memory and selective outrage. When Gibberish personally attacked me on this thread for no other purpose than to engage in trolling and baiting, you were silent; why do you think that is?
    Because calling your argument dishonest isn't a personal attack.

    Why does your personal opinion about my “generalizations” against Liberals matter?
    It matters just as much as your opinions do.

    Why don’t you prove that I made a “generalization” when I suggested that the attacks on Fox News are purely Liberal/Democrat attempts to demagogue and silence their political opponents?
    Because that in and of itself is a generalization based on your own opinion. Would you care to prove that it is a purely Liberal thing?

    The answer is obvious to anyone with a modicum of honesty. It wasn’t “generalizing”, it is a FACT that the attacks on Fox a purely Liberal/Democrat efforts to demagogue a news organization that exposes the lies, distortions and disinformation being disseminated by this administration for purely hyper partisan political purposes.
    Just because you characterize your opinion as FACT doesn't make it so.

    Frankly, I have to say I have YET to see you whine about Liberals generalizing about Conservatives and if you did, you would have little time for much else. You just cannot be honest that you are engaging in selective outrage for the reason that you cannot engage me factually in honest debate and rather attempt to make this about personality.
    Both sides are guilty of it and I have called out both sides.

    The following are attempts to bait and troll and have nothing to do with the thread topic or any relevance in this debate. Your efforts to pretend they had substance merely speak more to your hypocrisy, selective outrage and denial:



    QUOTE=Dr_Patrick; You act as if this is the first time, TD. You do it time and time again, which is why a lot of people around here have a problem with you.

    QUOTE=Dr_Patrick;Ah, but see...you appear to characterize damn near any post that disagrees with your point of view as "whiney hyperbolic stupidity." I call you out on it because it gets old. You are good at arguing and you would be a really good debater on these boards if you could focus your attacks on their arguments rather than them personally. Though, you just can't seem to help yourself and always include a personal attack against them.

    QUOTE=Dr_Patrick;Don't worry, TD. I wouldn't expect you to see what you do. Few people have that ability.

    Carry on.
    Nah, it would be baiting and trolling if I was doing it to try and get a rise out of you. I was merely being honest.

  9. #299
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Making false statements isn't fact checking. When Fox needs its own fact checking fact checked there's something wrong there.
    Yhis is you dodgng my question and my request for a credible source to back your assertions.

    As I said:
    You're going to have to do better than paraphrase from memory for any of this to mean anything.

    And my question -- the one you did NOT answer -- was:
    Isn't checking facts and challenging the statements of thosein government things the press is SUPPOSED to do?

  10. #300
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    What part of Talk Show versus NEWS do you continue to not comprehend?

    This would be like me suggesting that Keith Olbermann, Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews' are news Journalists!

    Got irony? So where are we in disagreement on this topic?
    I just find your selective outrage amusing. It's okay for Fox News to go on the attack, but not okay for other news organizations to go on the attack against Bush. Gotcha.

    Again it begs the question; why would ANY Government entity target ANYONE in the media, let alone someone with a talk show like O’Reilly?
    Who knows? They obviously have too much time on their hands.

    ANYONE with a modicum of honesty would not defend such actions and instead be afraid of such a “totalitarian” type of tactic.
    I fail to see how it's totalitarian. It would be so if they were actively trying to silence these people. However, they aren't. They are instead criticizing them, which as we both agree, is stupid.

    Again to my arguments; apparently targeting talk show hosts and media outlets is a Liberal personality trait.
    Which is where you are wrong. Can you prove that all Liberals are like this?

Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •