Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 516

Thread: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

  1. #281
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Hahaha so now you're saying the NY Times and NBC declared war on the Bush administration. Do you have any proof of this? Links please? Do we have an official declaration from the news agencies saying they are at war with the Bush Administration? I thought not.
    Being trite appears to be one of your strong suits.

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    You seem to forget all the news agencies were gung ho for the Iraq war and helped cheerlead us into the war.
    Yes they were, the NY Times even had their own little cheer leader; then they decided the war might provide too much support for the “evil” Bush and they fired the Bush administration cheer leader they had on staff and began their campaign of ignorance against the Iraq war and the Bush administration.

    I would guess that when Americans have had enough of the current administrations totalitarian tactics, lies, distortions and criminally negligent spending, they will turn on Obama as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    But as for your claim that they declared war on the bush administration are you not in same way also admitting Fox news declared war on the Obama administration much as you'd be admitting they did during the Clinton administration. That's how Fox got started was it not?
    I see that you are missing the point of the thread, it isn’t about a media outlet declaring war on an administration, it is about the administration declaring war on a free speech media outlet.

    I am hardly surprised that you cannot distinguish the difference however based on your hyperbolic arguments.

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    There hasn't been an honest and open debate on health care. When you have news agencies claiming there are death panels, veteran death books and people at town hall meetings shutting down debate there won't be an honest discussion.
    This is an opinion expressed in a vacuum of the facts or reality. Your efforts to select just those issues that fit your narrow myopic views notwithstanding, ANY open debate regardless of the substance is a GOOD thing in a Republic and with that debate and dialogue one can get the facts and make a GOOD decision with GOOD policy.

    Regarding the “death panel” topic, what I find most amusing is the notion that they wont make those decisions. Here is a Liberal advisor to the President and Democrats telling the truth; something this administration doesn’t like:

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2EFSKVo0rs&feature=related"]YouTube - robertREiCH aka leftistTROLL--"we're gonna let you die."[/ame]

    Robert in his own words states: “we’re going to let you die” and the audience claps.

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Most of the polls out there support health care reform. Now let me ask you TD how often do you hear on the news stations about Insurance companies dropping people because of preexisting conditions?
    If you polled me, I would state we need healthcare reform also; however, I have to ask the question, why is it that Liberal Democrats think that the ONLY option for reform requires a massive expansion of the Federal Bureaucracy and corresponding massive addition to the deficits and National Debt?

    Why is it that Liberals and Liberal Democrats feel the need to demagogue insurance companies who employ many thousands of Americans and provide a very necessary service?

    Insurance companies can only DROP people with pre-existing conditions if the LIED on their applications when they obtained the insurance. Insurance companies can CHOOSE to not cover individuals with pre-existing conditions for the simple reason that they are not charities but for profit organizations.

    How much money do you think it will cost the Government to provide care for Americans with “pre-existing” conditions and how do you think they are going to pay for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    You know that insurance companies consider acne to be a preexisting condition? Women have the greatest obstacles as getting pregnant is considered optional to insurance companies. Women who have C-sections, that's considered a preexisting condition. How often are we hearing about the scams these insurance companies run?
    The notion that these are scams is absurd in the extreme. These are REAL issues and conditions. I just want to know how you think that trying to destroy an industry with demagoguery is moving the debate forward in an honest or positive way.


    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    What about the fact that insurance companies are perfectly fine with socialized property insurance? The government covers insurance companies when it comes to disaster insurance I guess the free market doesn't work in that scenario for them.
    If you want to have a debate about Insurance companies, you should start a new thread, it has nothing to do with this topic does it?

  2. #282
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Ask the previous administration as they had done the same.
    Really, please show with credible sources where the Bush administration engaged in a campaign to attack news organizations.

  3. #283
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by niftydrifty View Post
    Goobieman,
    your thread and your OP have missed the point. Your article left out context when it quoted Dunn. she went on to say:
    So what?
    Does that mean it is somehow wrong to fact chack Dunn?

  4. #284
    Too big to fail
    niftydrifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    03-03-16 @ 03:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,725

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So what?
    Does that mean it is somehow wrong to fact chack Dunn?
    no, LOL, it does not mean something that I didn't say and have already mentioned was fine to do.

    so what, if Fox News is clearly biased and exercises a double standard? your question says it all.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3227&dateline=1247527  127

  5. #285
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Moderator's Warning:
    White House Escalates War of Words With Fox NewsThreads merged.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #286
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by niftydrifty View Post
    no, LOL, it does not mean something that I didn't say and have already mentioned was fine to do.
    OK, so then where is the controversy?

    FNC fact checked, and The Obama's administration took offense, leading them to blacklist FNC.

    Do you think it was proper to blacklist FNC for doing its job?

  7. #287
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I'm sorry -- di dyou answer my original question?

    And then:
    Was that fox NEWS, or some of the people that have OPINION shows on Fox?
    Lets see Brian Wilson is a reporter who was pushing the Kevin Jennings smear even after the network acknowledged it was false. Bill Hemmer also pushed the smear.

    As shown previously by another member Chris Wallace edited an interview to smear Duckworth on the supposed Death Books.

    Brit Hume tried to make a link to Obama being a muslim back in 2007.

    Thats just to name a few. So are you saying that opinion shows that state things emphatically as being true but don't state that its just their opinion is totally okay with you?

  8. #288
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Wasn’t this in response to your personal attack here?:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058315217
    Your powers of observations are outstanding.



    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    You exhibit a profound level of irony and delusion here dude.
    Right back at ya.


    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Really??? So Liberal organizations and Liberals in general, and particularly on this forum, do not engage in the same demagoguery this administration has against Fox News?

    One truly must chug a lot of kool-aid to make such obviously uniformed comments.
    Of course they do, as do the Conservatives against anything and everything against their political beliefs. Partisanship isn't unique to one political spectrum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Do me a favor, if this is NOT a partisan issue, please provide evidence where Republicans share the same views of this administration and Libruls against Fox News.
    I have specifically stated this is a partisan issue. Why would I need to do that?


    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    In order to fabricate such nonsensical views, one must also surmise that other news organizations do not have a political agenda and selective fact finding of their own; the recent CNN fact check of SNL is the most recent example.
    With these types of continued nonsensical and generic responses from you I have to assume you are not reading any of my posts. If you had you would have read where I stated this was specifically a partisan issue by the White House and that ALL news agencies have a political agenda.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Face it Gibb, you’re a liberal selective hypocrite that engages into personal attacks on me for nothing better than you just don’t like your own lies, distortions and uninformed opinions slapped back into your face.


    You really need to stop making up lies and distortions to try and make yourself feel better. As stated above everything you have tried to attack me on is a complete fabrication created by you in your own little world and holds no truth in reality.

    If you are going to attack me or my opinions at least do it with some dignity and don't try to present my stance in a complete 180 of reality.
    Last edited by Gibberish; 10-19-09 at 04:09 PM.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  9. #289
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Lets see Brian Wilson is a reporter who was pushing the Kevin Jennings smear even after the network acknowledged it was false. Bill Hemmer also pushed the smear.

    As shown previously by another member Chris Wallace edited an interview to smear Duckworth on the supposed Death Books.

    Brit Hume tried to make a link to Obama being a muslim back in 2007.

    Thats just to name a few.
    I'm sorry -- did you answer my original question?
    Or are you just avoiding it...?

    You're going to have to do better than paraphrase from memory for any of this to mean anything.

  10. #290
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Being trite appears to be one of your strong suits.
    Well you wanted to deal in bull**** so I thought I'd give you a refund.


    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Yes they were, the NY Times even had their own little cheer leader; then they decided the war might provide too much support for the “evil” Bush and they fired the Bush administration cheer leader they had on staff and began their campaign of ignorance against the Iraq war and the Bush administration.
    Who was this supposed one cheerleader they had on staff? Why exactly was this person fired again? Do you have proof of this being the reason or is this just your personal opinion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I would guess that when Americans have had enough of the current administrations totalitarian tactics, lies, distortions and criminally negligent spending, they will turn on Obama as well.
    What "totalitarian tactics, lies distortions"? Again you're running on opinion. If you're going to call something totalitarian at least define it and show how it fits the definition of the word.



    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I see that you are missing the point of the thread, it isn’t about a media outlet declaring war on an administration, it is about the administration declaring war on a free speech media outlet.
    Wasn't that your point? How is ignoring fox news declaring war on them? If they wanted to do that they'd use the government to shut down their outlet completely. So now you're just being over the top emotional. You seemed to have no problem when the previous administration went after NBC and the NY Times.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I am hardly surprised that you cannot distinguish the difference however based on your hyperbolic arguments.
    I can tell the difference apparently you can't which is why we're having this discussion. Which of my statements are hyperbolic?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    This is an opinion expressed in a vacuum of the facts or reality. Your efforts to select just those issues that fit your narrow myopic views notwithstanding, ANY open debate regardless of the substance is a GOOD thing in a Republic and with that debate and dialogue one can get the facts and make a GOOD decision with GOOD policy.
    Try not to use big words that you might confuse yourself with. What I've posted is in regards to reality. You had no qualms when the prior administration did the same thing and Fox news was cheering them on but now that the shoe is on the other foot "oh noes poor fox". Debate hasn't been stifled Fox news is still allowed to make any ridiculous statements it sees fit just as much as the other networks are. How is fox being stifled? Their owner and president made it clear that Fox is an arm dedicated to attacking the left, democrats and anyone else who isn't to the right. That's what happens when you have a political operative running a "news" outlet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Regarding the “death panel” topic, what I find most amusing is the notion that they wont make those decisions. Here is a Liberal advisor to the President and Democrats telling the truth; something this administration doesn’t like:
    What I find most amusing is that you ignore that this is currently happening. People already get cut off by their insurer. Do yourself a favor look at your health plan how often are you allowed to visit your doctor? How much in prescriptions are you allowed? What's your yearly limit? What's your lifetime limit? You think any adviser to Obama is a liberal TD

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    YouTube - robertREiCH aka leftistTROLL--"we're gonna let you die."

    Robert in his own words states: “we’re going to let you die” and the audience claps.
    Not in his own words. Did you not listen to the set up? He said "This is what a person would say who was running for president but didn't want to be president. Things they should say but wouldn't."

    And yet what is not truthful here? Our current insurance system is set up to avoid the sick. Its a for profit system sick people cost money healthy people don't. I know this logic escapes you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    If you polled me, I would state we need healthcare reform also; however, I have to ask the question, why is it that Liberal Democrats think that the ONLY option for reform requires a massive expansion of the Federal Bureaucracy and corresponding massive addition to the deficits and National Debt?
    Not all liberals are democrats and not all democrats are liberal. Again you make the mistake of claiming such.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Why is it that Liberals and Liberal Democrats feel the need to demagogue insurance companies who employ many thousands of Americans and provide a very necessary service?
    Very necessary? Except for someone like Cigna who just started cutting medical insurance for their own employees while the CEO makes 30 million a year. I would have a bit more compassion for them if I wasn't always hearing about how Cigna, or Aetna or Blue Cross ****ed someone out of their own insurance after years of paying premiums. How Healthnet got busted for holding contests for their employees of how many patients they could cut from their roles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Insurance companies can only DROP people with pre-existing conditions if the LIED on their applications when they obtained the insurance. Insurance companies can CHOOSE to not cover individuals with pre-existing conditions for the simple reason that they are not charities but for profit organizations.
    That's bull**** and you know it. That's why several of those companies have gotten sued and fined because they were finding the most spurious reasons to drop people. Pregnancy counts as pre-existing conditions, acne does, c sections do. They keep adding more and more pre-existing conditions to the list. You know pregnancy is a choice and isn't covered by many insurance companies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    How much money do you think it will cost the Government to provide care for Americans with “pre-existing” conditions and how do you think they are going to pay for it?
    How much money do you think it costs for the government or insurance companies to pick up the tab when those people wait until the last minute and end up going to the ER?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    The notion that these are scams is absurd in the extreme. These are REAL issues and conditions. I just want to know how you think that trying to destroy an industry with demagoguery is moving the debate forward in an honest or positive way.
    I didn't know providing competition is considered destroying the industry? I thought the free market was good and building trusts are bad? You do know the health insurance industry is exempt from trusts many control entire markets individually and drive up premiums.



    If you want to have a debate about Insurance companies, you should start a new thread, it has nothing to do with this topic does it?[/QUOTE]

Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •