Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 516

Thread: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

  1. #231
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    They are putting an editorial, propaganda outlet in it's place.

    The WH is open to dealing with real journalists.

    I do feel bad for the handful of honest news people who do work at Fox. But they've had years to call out the obvious bias coming from their network.

    O'Reilly and Shep show the occasional sparks of integrity, but sadly go back to silence or singing the company song.

    The only kool-aid is being served at Tea Parties, goobie.

    BTW--that 'drinking the kool-aide' come back died six months ago.
    Orielly, Hannity are not news shows, just like Olberman and Maddow are not news shows. You're bad points are made worse as you try to throw in Fox commentators into hard news when they're not. Fox News have news programs and they provide news. To agree with the WH that Fox News = Hannity or shows like it and that they're not "journalists" is deceiving at best. In fact all cable news and most network news have commentator programming - 60 minutes for example, while playing off like it's hard investigative news is in fact and has been shown to be very biased in the past. If Fox is biased and not credible, ALL "cable news" channels are biased and non-credible. Singling one out is dishonest and anyone/everyone can see through this partisan tripe.

  2. #232
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Gibberrish; could you do me a favor and go back to my comments where I specifically stated "Gibberish?" None of my previous comments before your whiney diatribe against me were directed at any particular member of the forum.

    Get back to me when you get your reality check.
    Sure thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Yes folks, you certainly can't make this type of delusion up from Gibberish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    CLUE: this thread isn’t about TD or Gibberrish. It is about the Librul/Democrat efforts to attack, demagogue and single out a news organization for the simple fact that they don’t like the truth getting out. You are free to show how this is not the case, but to be honest, I don’t think you have the ability to be honest.

    Carry on; your inability to comprehend your own uninformed selective whiney blather is truly stunning.
    No it's not and it's not about "liberals" and made up delusion either. It's about the White House continuing with it's partisan attack on a news organization for having a political agenda and selective "fact finding".
    Last edited by Gibberish; 10-19-09 at 02:33 PM.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  3. #233
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    I have a serious question for you TD and I'm not attempting to be insulting any way, so I would highly appreciate a serious answer. If, as you say, the thread isn't about you or other people then why do you resort to personal attacks in your replies to people you don't agree with?
    I would like you to show where I engaged in any personal attacks before Gibberish’s personal attack on me. Get back to me when you find it.

    Where is your selective outrage at this unwarranted personal attack on me?

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058315236

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    In many of them you don't argue the point, but instead attack the poster personally by trying to insult their intelligence for daring to have another point of view.
    I would like to illustrate the irony of your comments by directing you to your first response to my comments: http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058315236

    Now I want you to show where prior to my response to Gibberish’s personal attack on me I attacked anyone.....I'll be waiting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    So, if you are so interested in staying on topic, why do you fail again and again to do this?
    Once again, your credibility is suffering when you selectively suggest that prior to the personal attack on me, I was engaging in personal attacks on ANYONE.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    In many of them you don't argue the point, but instead attack the poster personally by trying to insult their intelligence for daring to have another point of view.
    So when someone is acting like a jackass and engaging in whiney hyperbolic stupidity they should not be called on it? What a fascinating view you have; and yet, you want to call me out on it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    So, if you are so interested in staying on topic, why do you fail again and again to do this?
    I find this statement fascinating in that until the typical cabal of whiney Libruls started engaging in personal attacks on me, the thread wasn’t being derailed. I find your selective outrage beyond just amusing, but it suggest the need for therapy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    For example, in this specific quote above you attack the person because you don't think they have the ability to be honest. That is a personal attack, is it not?
    You will have to be specific as there are a LOT of quotes above, the first of which you selectively ignored attack me personally. Here, let me refer you to it again:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058315236


    Now you are free to show where I attacked Gibberish first, but that would be a futile effort. So now let me ask you a serious question, and I'm not attempting to be insulting any way, so I would highly appreciate a serious answer; why is it that your outrage at personal insults on this forum appears to only be directed at those you politically disagree with?

    By the way, when the people who are thanking you are members like Jackalope, the answer might be TOO obvious for you to comprehend.

  4. #234
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Well it makes sense. Fox News consistently has higher ratings which means they have a larger audience. If the White House and our Thug in Chief have got their panties in a wad over fact checking White House representatives and those fact checkers happen to have the largest cable news audience, then yeah I guess if I was a goon who was trained in dirty Chicago politics where threats and punishments are the way it works, I would probably go after Fox, too.
    Threats and punishments in "dirty Chicago politics" consists denying interviews? I guess things have really lightened up in the past decade or so.

    As I have consistently said, the White House has put it's self in a no win situation. They should stick to the norm of taking an interview, rebutting the "facts" presented, and move on to the next interview. There is nothing to gain from singling out specific news agencies and fighting a losing media battle with a company devoted to media.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  5. #235
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    I don't really think it's a partisan thing. I think that this particular Administration just can't seem to handle criticism. The stupid thing is that by going after Fox they look petty and idiotic as if dissent or criticism are illegal somehow.
    You know all this hub bub over an administration going off on fox news reminds me a bit about the lack of hub bub when the previous administration went after NBC and the NY Times

  6. #236
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    I don't remember the Clinton Administration attacking Fox like the Obama Administration is. Though, I could be wrong. Even so, those are two examples. How is that enough to paint all Liberals with?
    Yes, you would be wrong if you think that the Clinton Administration didn't engage in similar demagoguery.

    I find your continued feigned ignorance stunning; please tell me what is NOT partisan about the attacks on Fox News with something more credible than your OPINION.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    No, that's not what you said. You acted as if this behavior was typical of Liberals as if they can't handle the truth.
    Please provide the specific quote that sparks your selective outrage.

  7. #237
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Maybe this has been brought up...



    White House Escalates War on Fox News - Political News - FOXNews.com

    So... The Obama is throwing this little fit because FNC had the audacity to fact check?

    Someone correct me if I am wrong -- isn't that EXACTLY what a news organization is supposed to do?
    Selective fact checking is something all news agencies do. This Administration needs to stop whining anytime they are not spun into a positive light.

    Here is some more on the topic of "selective fact checking" by Fox News.

    Wallace's "fact check" ignores his prior "death book" falsehoods, advances new one | Media Matters for America

    How Conservatives Got The Facts Wrong On Their Latest Obsession: The "Death Book" For Veterans

    White House vs. Fox News, Part 34 - Political Punch

    Oh, and here is the pamphlet, "Your life your Choices". http://www.rihlp.org/pubs/Your_life_your_choices.pdf. Read through it and make up your own minds on it.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  8. #238
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote:Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    Gibberrish; could you do me a favor and go back to my comments where I specifically stated "Gibberish?" None of my previous comments before your whiney diatribe against me were directed at any particular member of the forum.

    Get back to me when you get your reality check.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Sure thing.
    Quote:Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    Yes folks, you certainly can't make this type of delusion up from Gibberish.


    Wasn’t this in response to your personal attack here?:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058315217

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    In TD's world the events don't have to actually occur for him to make derogatory comment about those events and liberals.

    Yes folks, he can make this type of delusion up.
    You exhibit a profound level of irony and delusion here dude.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    No it's not and it's not about "liberals" and made up delusion either. It's about the White House continuing with it's partisan attack on a news organization for having a political agenda and selective "fact finding".
    Really??? So Liberal organizations and Liberals in general, and particularly on this forum, do not engage in the same demagoguery this administration has against Fox News?

    One truly must chug a lot of kool-aid to make such obviously uniformed comments.

    Do me a favor, if this is NOT a partisan issue, please provide evidence where Republicans share the same views of this administration and Libruls against Fox News.

    In order to fabricate such nonsensical views, one must also surmise that other news organizations do not have a political agenda and selective fact finding of their own; the recent CNN fact check of SNL is the most recent example.

    Face it Gibb, you’re a liberal selective hypocrite that engages into personal attacks on me for nothing better than you just don’t like your own lies, distortions and uninformed opinions slapped back into your face.

  9. #239
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I would like you to show where I engaged in any personal attacks before Gibberish’s personal attack on me. Get back to me when you find it.

    Where is your selective outrage at this unwarranted personal attack on me?

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058315236
    He was referring to your argument. Would you care to provide proof that he was attacking you personally there? Regardless, how exactly does that justify your personal attacks? And we aren't even just talking about Gibberish here. Most of your replies to people who don't agree with you have similar personal attacks. Do you take their disagreeing with you as a personal affront to you and then act accordingly? Is that how you justify it?

    I would like to illustrate the irony of your comments by directing you to your first response to my comments: http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058315236
    Um..that's not my response, it's the same link from above.

    Now I want you to show where prior to my response to Gibberish’s personal attack on me I attacked anyone.....I'll be waiting.
    Once again, calling your argument dishonest isn't a personal attack. Nice try, though.

    Once again, your credibility is suffering when you selectively suggest that prior to the personal attack on me, I was engaging in personal attacks on ANYONE.
    You act as if this is the first time, TD. You do it time and time again, which is why a lot of people around here have a problem with you.

    So when someone is acting like a jackass and engaging in whiney hyperbolic stupidity they should not be called on it? What a fascinating view you have; and yet, you want to call me out on it?
    Ah, but see...you appear to characterize damn near any post that disagrees with your point of view as "whiney hyperbolic stupidity." I call you out on it because it gets old. You are good at arguing and you would be a really good debater on these boards if you could focus your attacks on their arguments rather than them personally. Though, you just can't seem to help yourself and always include a personal attack against them.

    I find this statement fascinating in that until the typical cabal of whiney Libruls started engaging in personal attacks on me, the thread wasn’t being derailed. I find your selective outrage beyond just amusing, but it suggest the need for therapy?
    Don't worry, TD. I wouldn't expect you to see what you do. Few people have that ability.

    You will have to be specific as there are a LOT of quotes above, the first of which you selectively ignored attack me personally. Here, let me refer you to it again:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058315236
    Once again, calling your argument dishonest isn't a personal attack.

    Now you are free to show where I attacked Gibberish first, but that would be a futile effort. So now let me ask you a serious question, and I'm not attempting to be insulting any way, so I would highly appreciate a serious answer; why is it that your outrage at personal insults on this forum appears to only be directed at those you politically disagree with?
    Perhaps that's how it is from your perspective, but I would be criticizing someone on the left just as much. Regardless, I don't fully disagree with you politically. I don't agree with your generalizations against Liberals, but I also don't agree with Liberals who make generalizations about Conservatives.

    By the way, when the people who are thanking you are members like Jackalope, the answer might be TOO obvious for you to comprehend.
    Okay, see..this is exactly what I was talking about. Where did I attack you personally first that warranted this comment? I asked you why you do this in a civil manner with no insults and got the same behavior you always exhibit. Frankly, I don't even know why I bother.

  10. #240
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Maybe this has been brought up...



    White House Escalates War on Fox News - Political News - FOXNews.com

    So... The Obama is throwing this little fit because FNC had the audacity to fact check?

    Someone correct me if I am wrong -- isn't that EXACTLY what a news organization is supposed to do?

    FNC did not 'fact check'. They sliced and diced vid to make it appear Duckworth said something she did not. FNC, ehrm ..... LIED.




    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    Fox News 'fact checks' Asst Secy Duckworth:


    YouTube - Fox edits Duckworth comment then calls her a liar.



    embed vid from quote: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5fCAJ7iU7o"]YouTube - Fox edits Duckworth comment then calls her a liar.[/ame]

Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •