Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 516

Thread: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

  1. #221
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    The irony in your statements are hilarious. Talk about selective, you left out the fact that I have attacked every single news agency for partisanship and skewing their facts for ratings. That may hinder your "summary" some.

    Your tunnel vision is showing and I think your audience may have stepped out for a minute so you can stop pandering.
    Gibberrish; could you do me a favor and go back to my comments where I specifically stated "Gibberish?" None of my previous comments before your whiney diatribe against me were directed at any particular member of the forum.

    Get back to me when you get your reality check.

    CLUE: this thread isnít about TD or Gibberrish. It is about the Librul/Democrat efforts to attack, demagogue and single out a news organization for the simple fact that they donít like the truth getting out. You are free to show how this is not the case, but to be honest, I donít think you have the ability to be honest.

    Carry on; your inability to comprehend your own uninformed selective whiney blather is truly stunning.

  2. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    If by "most" you mean "those of us that cannot stand somone questioning our bigoted, partisan preconceptions", then I am sure you are right.
    Trust me, I only wish they would ignore me, but even in this effort they are obviously lying.

  3. #223
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I find this statement stunning; how can anyone suggest that this is NOT a partisan issue given the FACTS?

    You cannot be serious.
    Because not everything is partisan. I fail to see how their idiocy is a direct line to the Liberal political philosophy. Can you give other examples of Liberal Presidential Administrations going after specific news networks because they don't like criticism? I think that you are using this incident as yet another excuse to paint Liberals with a broad brush. Yes, we get that you don't like Liberals.

  4. #224
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    It's clearly partisan from both sides. FoxNews is partisan in their "fact finding" as shown by the previous links and videos. White House is partisan in their attacks on FoxNews criticism. I've seen CNN and NBC attack the White House on occasion and no negative responsive is given by the White House. Why are they singling out FoxNews?
    I'm not saying Fox News isn't partisan. They certainly are, which is why the White House is singling them out. But it certainly isn't the job of the current Administration to be their watchdog. Like I said, they have bigger fish to fry and this just makes them look petty.

  5. #225
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Fortunately, most people also have some sense of the value of a free press and can tolerate views they don't want to hear. Idiotic calls to do things like "revoke Fox News's FCC license" are best described by a single word: totalitarian.
    Oh, I agree. That was pretty bad.

    I think that FOXNews' alternate viewpoint is absolutely necessary. Opposition and dissent are healthy and necessary. Are they biased? Of course, they are. So are all the other networks. The message I'm getting from this whole utterly ridiculous war on a TV network is that this White House just does not know how to handle opposing views. From where I'm sitting, they're looking worse by the day in how they're choosing to deal with this.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  6. #226
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    CLUE: this thread isn’t about TD or Gibberrish. It is about the Librul/Democrat efforts to attack, demagogue and single out a news organization for the simple fact that they don’t like the truth getting out. You are free to show how this is not the case, but to be honest, I don’t think you have the ability to be honest.
    I have a serious question for you TD and I'm not attempting to be insulting any way, so I would highly appreciate a serious answer. If, as you say, the thread isn't about you or other people then why do you resort to personal attacks in your replies to people you don't agree with? In many of them you don't argue the point, but instead attack the poster personally by trying to insult their intelligence for daring to have another point of view. So, if you are so interested in staying on topic, why do you fail again and again to do this? For example, in this specific quote above you attack the person because you don't think they have the ability to be honest. That is a personal attack, is it not?

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Because not everything is partisan. I fail to see how their idiocy is a direct line to the Liberal political philosophy. Can you give other examples of Liberal Presidential Administrations going after specific news networks because they don't like criticism?
    Yes; the Clinton Administration did the same thing as the Obama Administration with Fox.

    In THIS issue and war on Fox, it most certainly is a Partisan issue. But if you have evidence to the contrary that is it NOT a Partisan Librul attack, I am sure all of us are ready to see it.

    Next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    I think that you are using this incident as yet another excuse to paint Liberals with a broad brush. Yes, we get that you don't like Liberals.
    You are free to illustrate how the attacks on Fox News are other than Partisan Liberals; I'll be waiting to see the evidence.

    Good lord, you have GOT to be kidding!

  8. #228
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    It's clearly partisan from both sides. FoxNews is partisan in their "fact finding" as shown by the previous links and videos. White House is partisan in their attacks on FoxNews criticism. I've seen CNN and NBC attack the White House on occasion and no negative responsive is given by the White House. Why are they singling out FoxNews?
    Well it makes sense. Fox News consistently has higher ratings which means they have a larger audience. If the White House and our Thug in Chief have got their panties in a wad over fact checking White House representatives and those fact checkers happen to have the largest cable news audience, then yeah I guess if I was a goon who was trained in dirty Chicago politics where threats and punishments are the way it works, I would probably go after Fox, too.

  9. #229
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Yes; the Clinton Administration did the same thing as the Obama Administration with Fox.

    In THIS issue and war on Fox, it most certainly is a Partisan issue. But if you have evidence to the contrary that is it NOT a Partisan Librul attack, I am sure all of us are ready to see it.

    Next?
    I don't remember the Clinton Administration attacking Fox like the Obama Administration is. Though, I could be wrong. Even so, those are two examples. How is that enough to paint all Liberals with?

    You are free to illustrate how the attacks on Fox News are other than Partisan Liberals; I'll be waiting to see the evidence.

    Good lord, you have GOT to be kidding!
    No, that's not what you said. You acted as if this behavior was typical of Liberals as if they can't handle the truth.

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: White House [continues to] Escalates War on Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Oh, I agree. That was pretty bad.

    I think that FOXNews' alternate viewpoint is absolutely necessary. Opposition and dissent are healthy and necessary. Are they biased? Of course, they are. So are all the other networks. The message I'm getting from this whole utterly ridiculous war on a TV network is that this White House just does not know how to handle opposing views. From where I'm sitting, they're looking worse by the day in how they're choosing to deal with this.
    I cannot agree with you more and I watch CNN, MSNBC and other news sources as well as read the LA Times to be MORE informed. I may disagree with many of their Op Eds and OPINIONS, along with MSNBC's long lineup of Liberal talk shows, but you wonít see me campaigning to shut them down.

    Instead, you will see me illustrating with evidence their obvious bias and attempts to water down bad news for their "Messiah."

Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •