Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 516

Thread: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

  1. #11
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I think it's bad business, here in the land of the free'est press in the world, to get into a pissing match with a certain news outlet. I think Krewe Obama would be so much better off if they just said, "We might not like what they say, but this is America and they have the right to say it".
    I completely agree. It lowers the administration to a disrespectful level in regards to PR decisions.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  2. #12
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,226

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    I completely agree. It lowers the administration to a disrespectful level in regards to PR decisions.
    It makes it appear that the administration doesn't support free speech, as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It makes it appear that the administration doesn't support free speech, as well.
    I think that's a stretch. He isn't trying to suppress FoxNews freedoms in anyway. There are a alot of uncertainties with appearing on FoxNews. Who is overwhelming anti-Obama in it's "reporting". He has a right to choose which news networks he talks to. Just because he does an exclusive for one doesn't mean he has to do it for all. Though excluding FoxNews solely puts Obama in a bad light.

    Again it's a failure in PR. His admin only wants him on stations that look at Universal Health Care in a positive or "on the fence" light. Fox News would need to spin the interview as a loss for Obama to not risk upsetting it's viewership. The same is MSNBC or CNN could never do a positive Bush or Cheney interview.
    Last edited by Gibberish; 10-12-09 at 08:48 PM.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  4. #14
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Not at all. Obama is smart for not letting them get away with their smears and lies.

    The right-wing, FoxNews in particular, expect them not to fight back and allow the swift-boating to take place.

    For too long, Democrats have allowed the lies to go unchecked and paid the price (John Kerry for one).

    Its time that FoxNews and the right-wing smear machine get called out when they post the outright lies that they do.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #15
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,226

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    I think that's a stretch. He isn't trying to suppress FoxNews freedoms in anyway. There are a alot of uncertainties with appearing on FoxNews. Who is overwhelming anti-Obama in it's "reporting". He has a right to choose which news networks he talks to. Just because he does an exclusive for one doesn't mean he has to do it for all. Though excluding FoxNews solely puts Obama in a bad light.

    Again it's a failure in PR. His admin only wants him on stations that look at Universal Health Care in a positive or "on the fence" light. Fox News would need to spin the interview as a loss for Obama to not risk upsetting it's viewership. The same is MSNBC or CNN could never do a positive Bush or Cheney interview.

    Not directly, but it could appear that he's trying to intimidate, or punish FNC for reporting unflattering news about his administration.

    I don't think they're, "anti-Obama", per-say, they just report the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #16
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,226

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Not at all. Obama is smart for not letting them get away with their smears and lies.

    The right-wing, FoxNews in particular, expect them not to fight back and allow the swift-boating to take place.

    For too long, Democrats have allowed the lies to go unchecked and paid the price (John Kerry for one).

    Its time that FoxNews and the right-wing smear machine get called out when they post the outright lies that they do.
    What is it that they lied about, exactly. Post the links for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #17
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What is it that they lied about, exactly. Post the links for us.

    I'm sure you can find them cataloged here: News Hounds: We watch FOX so you don't have to.

  8. #18
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,226

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    I'm sure you can find them cataloged here: News Hounds: We watch FOX so you don't have to.
    I see a buncha whining, but no documented lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #19
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I see a buncha whining, but no documented lies.
    Just a difference of linguistic nomenclature. You say "whine" they say "lies".

  10. #20
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: White House Escalates War of Words With Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I see a buncha whining, but no documented lies.

    They document all the crap. You may have to weed through the Fox distortions, ommissions, airing of RNC talking points, presentation of non-facts as facts to find the lies.


    Or, you could check out the WH blog where someone called out Glenn Beck lies and linked to a fact-checking place to check on More Fox Lies (can't remember what that was, but Glenn Beck was so blatant, he was forced to retract whatever it was. )

    Or, maybe you could just read Hannity, Beck, and Fox and Friends transcripts. I'm sure you could stumble across a few a week just doing that.


    Fox News IS a propaganda joint. Why not just call it what it is? I think the WH is fine with this tactic. I might not have done it, but I don't care that they are doing it. When Bill Clinton smacked around Chris Wallace in Sept '06, and showed Democrats how to grow a spine, Dems started winning. When John Edwards started boycotting Fox News, and Dems wouldn't debate on Fox, everyone started paying attention to them. Sometimes a useful, blatant, propagandizing 'news' organization is an excellent punching bag to riff off of.
    Last edited by jackalope; 10-12-09 at 09:30 PM.

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •