Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 143

Thread: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Sure....but to say that he can't do anything else at the same time is just a ridiculous claim.
    The problem is that he HASN'T done this, yet. And, he is the one who SHOULD do it.

    Do you understand that?

  2. #22
    Professor
    Joe1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    TX
    Last Seen
    04-22-14 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,829

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I agree with this. What I don't like is his stump speaches about it like he's a canidate still. All while they sit thier waiting to find out what the mission is in A-stan.
    That's a bit disingenuous, they are carrying out virtually the same mission they've been doing for eight years. McCrystals plan basically involves adding more protection for the population, not some drastic change in strategy.

  3. #23
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    The problem is that he HASN'T done this, yet. And, he is the one who SHOULD do it.

    Do you understand that?
    It has not been that long since the General asked for additional troops.
    Those crying the loudest are the ones who believe that we should on a whim send in the additional troops.
    I actually am glad that Obama hasn't done that. Its a complicated issue. We've already lived through one administration that didn't think things out before playing our soldiers like pawns. Do we really need another one?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #24
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1991 View Post
    That's a bit disingenuous, they are carrying out virtually the same mission they've been doing for eight years. McCrystals plan basically involves adding more protection for the population, not some drastic change in strategy.



    No actually, they are in a hold pattern with no direction. This hold pattern started under Bush, and continues under Obama.

    It became a noted "hold patttern" when We learned Obama obly spent 25 mins with McChrystal in 70 days, and will take "weeks" to respond to a request for more troops.


    Ever been in a situation, where you are being shot at, and you have to wait weeks to find out if you are going to fight back, or retreat?


    Not a fun situation, especially when you see the guy making this decision, on leno, and 50 other appearances, going to the olympics, and now discussing DADT.


    It's about appearances, he is the CiC, he needs to start acting like it.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1991 View Post
    That's a bit disingenuous, they are carrying out virtually the same mission they've been doing for eight years. McCrystals plan basically involves adding more protection for the population, not some drastic change in strategy.
    The problem is that for 8 years, the military has not had a clearly defined mission, goal, or terms of victory leading to withdrawal of U.S. forces. If Obama is continuing Bush's ill-conceived and ill-defined strategy, that's f'ing scary.

    Do you know what it reminds me of? Clinton & Somalia. That's what scares the pee out of me.

  6. #26
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    It has not been that long since the General asked for additional troops.
    Those crying the loudest are the ones who believe that we should on a whim send in the additional troops.
    I actually am glad that Obama hasn't done that. Its a complicated issue. We've already lived through one administration that didn't think things out before playing our soldiers like pawns. Do we really need another one?



    No, actually the ones that are critisizing your god king, are those like me who served, and have seen this purgatory on earth situation created by indecision first hand (think Bush 1) .
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #27
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    No actually, they are in a hold pattern with no direction. This hold pattern started under Bush, and continues under Obama.

    It became a noted "hold patttern" when We learned Obama obly spent 25 mins with McChrystal in 70 days, and will take "weeks" to respond to a request for more troops.


    Ever been in a situation, where you are being shot at, and you have to wait weeks to find out if you are going to fight back, or retreat?


    Not a fun situation, especially when you see the guy making this decision, on leno, and 50 other appearances, going to the olympics, and now discussing DADT.


    It's about appearances, he is the CiC, he needs to start acting like it.

    Wow...Rev....how many threads did you start complaining about Bush going to the Olympics and speaking at thousand dollar a plate dinners to his base....and playing golf etc.....while there was a war going on.

    ah....let me guess.....zero?

    Just sayin.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #28
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Strawman. It's not about multitasking. Never made this argument.






    I agree, we shouldn't make our service about our genitalia either.


    Timing though, is off. Make social change, when we are not at war.
    Joe, were you born in 1991?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #29
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Wow...Rev....how many threads did you start complaining about Bush going to the Olympics and speaking at thousand dollar a plate dinners to his base....and playing golf etc.....while there was a war going on.

    ah....let me guess.....zero?

    Just sayin.


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058299868


    Glass houses.




    Afghanistan festered at the end of Bush's term, I was very clear I was not happy about it.


    Feel free to usethe search feature.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #30
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    No, actually the ones that are critisizing your god king, are those like me who served, and have seen this purgatory on earth situation created by indecision first hand (think Bush 1) .
    oh spare me. There are many who have served that feel differently.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •